GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sun's atypically slow about publishing its "Jo's last text" story online tonight. I think they're hoping that all you guys over there will run out and buy a copy.

Lol Wfgodot, its 1 am here, long time for shops to open, but we do have a Tesco open all night.

Sounds interesting, wonder what the text was about, could be the very last text, poor Jo.

Agreed.

The images of Jo show how prevalent CCTV is in the UK and how useful it is.

True. We have more CCTV cameras here than in the rest of Europe put together. A road near where I live here in London has nearly 200 of them in all.

Now, although I don't believe that somebody else used Greg's card, I find it strange that none of the papers have printed an image of him doing so. It would be a very typical tabloid front page.
I believe he will have been seen on CCTV using a card but I believe the fact that this hasn't been *shown* is because, for other reasons, he's still not entirely off the hook.
Indeed, the statement that there are these receipts was only made, initially, in two UK papers. The other papers took it from those. So nobody, at this point, is making a concerted effort to very loudly clear GR's name.

Lol Wfgodot, its 1 am here, long time for shops to open, but we do have a Tesco open all night.

Sounds interesting, wonder what the text was about, could be the very last text, poor Jo.

Lol, I bet there's nothing better than a late-night romp to Tesco. Over here, at that hour it would involve going to an ice house (a.k.a. a convenience mart, basically a petrol station with beer, soda, a few other amenities) and buying a copy of a paper from the machine. Or to WalMart (shudder). It's open all night.

Lol, I bet there's nothing better than a late-night romp to Tesco. Over here, at that hour it would involve going to an ice house (a.k.a. a convenience mart, basically a petrol station with beer, soda, a few other amenities) and buying a copy of a paper from the machine. Or to WalMart (shudder). It's open all night.

Yes, I have often gone over for a bottle of wine in the early hours lol, its about ten minutes drive, its a new Tesco super store, I often read the front page, but leave the paper there, they do make up a lot of stories sometimes.

It's that she texted a friend saying she was at a loose end, and wondering whether they fancied meeting for a drink.

Is there a time for the text?

That might explain Jo's 3 shop visit.

Jo goes to Waitrose - she's at a loose end, fancies something to eat but as she is home alone, she can't be bothered and doesn't buy anything.

After leaving Waitrose, she calls in at Bargain Booze and sends text to friend.

No immediate reply so Jo just gets herself a couple of bottles.

Her friend replies and agrees to meet her at the flat, or her friend doesn't reply so Jo just assumes her friend will come round.

Either way, Jo decides to get them both a pizza - hence she calls in at Tescos.

This explains her not buying the cider in Tesco and the pizza and cider in Waitrose.

Plausible but that would mean the friend could be the murderer so why haven't they been interviewed / arrested?

Or did the friend text back and say, "sorry not coming now, weather is too bad" after Jo purchased the pizza?

Is there a time for the text?

That might explain Jo's 3 shop visit.

Jo goes to Waitrose - she's at a loose end, fancies something to eat but as she is home alone, she can't be bothered and doesn't buy anything.

After leaving Waitrose, she calls in at Bargain Booze and sends text to friend.

No immediate reply so Jo just gets herself a couple of bottles.

Her friend replies and agrees to meet her at the flat, or her friend doesn't reply so Jo just assumes her friend will come round.

Either way, Jo decides to get them both a pizza - hence she calls in at Tescos.

This explains her not buying the cider in Tesco and the pizza and cider in Waitrose.

Plausible but that would mean the friend could be the murderer so why haven't they been interviewed / arrested?

Or did the friend text back and say, "sorry not coming now, weather is too bad" after Jo purchased the pizza?

I don't know the details of the timing.
But the claim is that the friend missed the text.
There can be little doubt that the police won't have already interviewed the friend, I'm certain.

There is simply no way that the police aren't still looking at GR, in my opinion.
The police have come out with a whole number of untrue statements. And the statement that they aren't considering GR as a suspect is one of them.
And if they are honest in their statement that they don't know for sure when Jo died, they *have* to be looking at him.

Would be interested to know how you would account for the reporting of the mobile phone trace?? sometimes I just wonder if they are playing a game with him? let him think he's off the hook?

(Off-topic) Pssst....Sgt Jones - Daily Mail has a long Rachel Nickell/Robert Napper/Colin Stagg article just up.

Rachel Nickell's son - the only witness to her murder - breaks his 18-year silence

Thank you for posting that...... sorry OT but how sad that he has not had contact with his mothers parents since he was 8..... that must devestate them.

From Luna15's link:

A source said: "Jo was at a loose end as her boyfriend was away. As she walked home she passed close to the home of someone she hadn't seen for about 18 months. He's a friend of her brother, just a casual acquaintance.

"On the spur of the moment she decided to try to text him and ask if he was around to meet for a friendly drink, but she never got a reply."

"She carried on home and the friend now feels horribly guilty about not getting back to her. He's told people, 'I could have saved her life'. He's beside himself."

Jo, 25, is understood to have sent the text in between leaving a pub at 8pm and buying cider at an off-licence at 8.20pm on December 17.
---

the rest at the link above

"It is believed the friend was asleep, and by the time he saw the text he thought it was too late to reply."

Asleep at 8.20ish on Mad Friday?

One more snippet:

So does this mean that the casual acquaintence did not at first notify police of the message he first missed, then disregarded? I suppose relevance would depend on when he first knew Jo had gone missing, versus when police did the "huge sweep."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...tes-pal-missed-message-sent-on-walk-home.html

The police will have been in touch with the person immediately once the missing person inquiry got under way.
The Sun is being misleading when it says that the revelation "comes as a huge sweep, etc, etc". They're not incorrect, but nonetheless the awareness of the message didn't come *because* of this.

"It is believed the friend was asleep, and by the time he saw the text he thought it was too late to reply."

Asleep at 8.20ish on Mad Friday?

They are a sleepy bunch in Clifton -- Peter Stanley says that he was asleep at 6pm or so when the landlord asked him to help jumpstart Greg's car.

And Hardyman claimed to be asleep before 9pm, too, although ill. (Interestingly, though, this self-professed "light sleeper" didn't hear the brief screams at 9pm.

In fairness, though, the person texted may have been out drinking at lunchtime. And there was a fair bit of flu going around.

This text goes some way towards explaining the smile on her face at the liquor store, imo.

This text goes some way towards explaining the smile on her face at the liquor store, imo.

I agree.
Various things were always going to come out.
And I think Jo's mother was doing damage limitation in advance when she spoke to the Daily Mail:

‘Jo always played things straight,’ says 58-year-old Mrs Yeates, giving her most moving and insightful interview yet.

‘She never had two boyfriends at the same time. She had a moral conscience. When she broke up with boyfriends, they always stayed friends,’ she says, adding with a sorrowful smile...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1APGNaret

The Express has rather a good (and lengthy) article by "one of our top retired detectives":

JOANNA YEATES: THE CRUCIAL QUESTIONS

Snippets:
She was a fit, healthy young woman and the absence of defence wounds leads one to believe she was overpowered by her assailant. This has all the hallmarks of a young man’s crime.

The police don’t know whether the attack happened in the street, in a vehicle, at her address or at another location. It seems unlikely that the attack occurred randomly in the street by a stranger. She could have been attacked in a vehicle – unlikely but possible. Should this be the case her attacker was probably known to her as she would not have got into a car with a stranger. On balance the most likely location is a dwelling, either hers or somebody else’s.

But this raises all sorts of questions. If she was attacked by a stranger in her home why was the body removed and left three miles away near a quarry? The risks involved in moving and disposing of a body are enormous and there seems no reason why the killer would do that, unless he had an ulterior motive of buying time and distancing himself from the murder scene.

There is little doubt that a lot of planning and thought has gone in to this murder. Little evidence has been left and the killer has made best use of the limited windows of opportunity. This does not sound like a random prowler looking for a victim.

It has been suggested the missing sock could have been taken as a trophy by a potential serial killer.

This is pure speculation and almost certainly wrong. There is no evidence that Jo’s murder is linked to any other – and a more personal item of clothing or jewellery is the usual target of the trophy collector.

The handling of the arrest of Chris Jefferies has raised a few eyebrows among former murder squad detectives. There was clearly a need for him to be interviewed because of conflicting accounts of what he may have seen. Asking him to attend the police station rather than a dramatic dawn arrest would seem to have been a preferable option.

much, much more at
http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/221838

WOW! Just picking my jaw up from the floor....

Methinks perhaps JY used her mobile phone more often than GR thought

I think the family were tipped off that the story was coming out, hence

‘Jo always played things straight,’ says 58-year-old Mrs Yeates, giving her most moving and insightful interview yet.

‘She never had two *boyfriends at the same time. She had a moral conscience. When she broke up with boyfriends, they always stayed friends,’ she says, adding with a sorrowful smile:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-Did-Jo-buy-dinner-killer.html#ixzz1APGNaret

I think this has opened a can of worms.

I agree.
Various things were always going to come out.
And I think Jo's mother was doing damage limitation in advance when she spoke to the Daily Mail:

‘She never had two boyfriends at the same time. She had a moral conscience. When she broke up with boyfriends, they always stayed friends,’ she says, adding with a sorrowful smile...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1APGNaret

Exactly what I was thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members