GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The police will have been in touch with the person immediately once the missing person inquiry got under way.
The Sun is being misleading when it says that the revelation "comes as a huge sweep, etc, etc". They're not incorrect, but nonetheless the awareness of the message didn't come *because* of this.

Agreed. Thanks. Do we add Casual Acquaintence Guy to our radar though?

I agree.
Various things were always going to come out.
And I think Jo's mother was doing damage limitation in advance when she spoke to the Daily Mail:

‘Jo always played things straight,’ says 58-year-old Mrs Yeates, giving her most moving and insightful interview yet.

‘She never had two boyfriends at the same time. She had a moral conscience. When she broke up with boyfriends, they always stayed friends,’ she says, adding with a sorrowful smile...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1APGNaret

Great minds MrZhivago :)

I am wondering if there is any reason why the mother mentioned how she always remained friends with her ex-boyfriends.

No wonder the LE are searching through so many tonnes of rubbish - they need to include the streets around CAG's place of residence too.

jmo.

Agreed. Thanks. Do we add Casual Acquaintence Guy to our radar though?

Definitely not.
He may be part of the narrative, since the text communication may make somebody rather angry. But I don't think he can be involved.

Definitely not.
He may be part of the narrative, since the text communication may make somebody rather angry. But I don't think he can be involved.

That's interesting. Why do you say so?

Great minds MrZhivago :)

I am wondering if there is any reason why the mother mentioned how she always remained friends with her ex-boyfriends.

It certainly hints at the possibility that she and Greg were at the end of the road -- and the possibility that Friday lunch was addressing that.
But it's also good testimony to someone if they're the kind of person that their exes still like. I think.

Definitely not.

Exactly what I'm thinking!!!

The Unnamed Retired Detective Fellow in the Express did say, in closing,

I am confident that they will solve this case and the answer will probably be tragic, simple and obvious.

WOW! Just picking my jaw up from the floor....

Methinks perhaps JY used her mobile phone more often than GR thought

Yes, especially as she did not answer his calls or texts.

Wonder if GR had admitted knowing of this development.

It certainly hints at the possibility that she and Greg were at the end of the road -- and the possibility that Friday lunch was addressing that.
But it's also good testimony to someone if they're the kind of person that their exes still like. I think.

But as The Mail states "Joanna was his first serious girlfriend, one of his friends told me, and their happiness was plain to see."

perhaps he found it hard to deal with that she had a 'past'?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-Did-Jo-buy-dinner-killer.html#ixzz1APUmlYwe

Originally Posted by MrZhivago
Definitely not.

Dash, I can't get to grips with this quote and multiquote thing.
I don't think they'd go straight back to hers in this situation. Even if they were up for no-strings fun, they'd go for a drink at a bar first. Especially since Jo apparently doesn't know that Greg has got off yet, and even then can't yet rule out his coming back. And if they did go to a bar together, they'd be seen together, by both witnesses and CCTV.
I'm also certain that the police will have checked him out straightaway. And he wouldn't have the luxury of a long car trip as an alibi. He'd likely come unstuck soon enough, especially since my guess would be that at his age he is quite likely sharing accommodation.
That for me is enough.

Definitely not.

Ah, I see what you mean - I was a bit slow there.

Now that would fit with my Sunday evening theory. FOUR hours!

jmo

Originally Posted by MrZhivago
Definitely not.

Dash, I can't get to grips with this quote and multiquote thing.
I don't think they'd go straight back to hers in this situation. Even if they were up for no-strings fun, they'd go for a drink at a bar first. Especially since Jo apparently doesn't know that Greg has got off yet, and even then can't yet rule out his coming back. And if they did go to a bar together, they'd be seen together, by both witnesses and CCTV.
I'm also certain that the police will have checked him out straightaway. And he wouldn't have the luxury of a long car trip as an alibi. He'd likely come unstuck soon enough, especially since my guess would be that at his age he is quite likely sharing accommodation.
That for me is enough.

Well-put.

I wonder if Casual Acquaintance Guy was due to attend the party on Tuesday? Friction might well have been building over his invite.

jmo

But as The Mail states "Joanna was his first serious girlfriend, one of his friends told me, and their happiness was plain to see."

perhaps he found it hard to deal with that she had a 'past'?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-Did-Jo-buy-dinner-killer.html#ixzz1APUmlYwe

Ah, I see what you mean - I was a bit slow there.

Now that would fit with my Sunday evening theory. FOUR hours!

jmo

The Sunday thing has some problems for me. I can see it as a clean-up time, but some of the details make it very problematic as a kill time.

*BUT* I've always maintained that *if* she was killed on Sunday then the only thing that can explain the fact that she didn't contact anybody during that time, or was seen popping to the shops etc was that she was with a sexual partner. That's the only scenario that I can envisage her staying in like that and not communicating -- because basically she was in bed or on the sofa with the whole time.
However, if this were the case then there's no way he wouldn't 'fess up to the police that this was the cause of somebody's rage. Also, there are other things such as that they would not only have drunk the cider but also left a good few champagne bottles and so on lying around ;)

I am confident that they will solve this case and the answer will probably be tragic, simple and obvious.

I take it this means an ex or 'an about to be ex?'

I don't know the details of the timing.
But the claim is that the friend missed the text.
There can be little doubt that the police won't have already interviewed the friend, I'm certain.

Ok, didn't know about the text being missed - ty

I wonder if Casual Acquaintance Guy was due to attend the party on Tuesday? Friction might well have been building over his invite.

jmo

Interesting. I've really not thought about the party at all.
I'd doubt that somebody she hasn't seen for 18 months would be invited [particularly if she's shagging him on the sly] but, yes, the party could change the dynamics.
Not that I'd murder a girlfriend because of stress over party preparations, but still.
Indeed, though, the email invitation list (or Facebook event page or whatever) would be interesting for police to pick through.
I find the issue of who their mutual friends are and aren't interesting.
For instance, since they worked together I find it weird that Greg doesn't go to the drinks at the Ram. He's evidently not in a massive rush to get to Sheffield.
Or for instance, when I checked out Rebecca Scott's Facebook page the other night, her friends list was visible (maybe it still is). And Greg wasn't on it, which I found strange. Particularly since the disappearance but before he stopped his page being visible.
Mind you, there's so much that's odd in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member