GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, yes. But what was his gratification ? To follow her home,to abduct her required taking a huge risk. I could see a potential rapist doing this...But supposedly there was no sexual assault here ? And I doubt it was anyone who had just followed her home.How would he know who she lived with, what the setup was at her home ?

All JMO
All JMO

I didn't realize that it was confirmed that there was no sexual assault. Thanks for that info. With no sexual assault, murder, and fully clothed body moved to a different location ... I'm leaning towards the boyfriend. Maybe working and living together was a little more togetherness than the relationship could stand. Maybe that's why he was going away for the weekend. I'm having a bit of a problem getting around the fact that the boyfriend was away, that he couldn't contact her, that he fully expected her to be home making mince meat pies (that sounds so much like Scott Peterson saying that Laci was baking cookies), that it didn't bother him that she ignored him, that it didn't bother him that she wasn't home when he returned, that it took several hours to ... didn't he then call her parents ... three hours to contact police. For a couple that was supposed to be so close, it seems like they were acting like roommates, not a couple. Realistically, shouldn't he have been in a bit of a mood because she ignored him, because the mince meat pies were no where to be found, that she was no where to be found? Couples have expectations of each other, yet he seems to be acting as though nothing mattered when it came to doing what she said she would do, keeping in touch with him, or letting him know where she was.

If it is not the boyfriend, then it has to be someone that simply murders women, taking a huge risk, for no particular reason. That doesn't make much sense.

What sort of DNA are police looking at? The body could have been in the snow for a week. With no sexual assault, I would be surprised if there was any incriminating DNA evidence on the clothing ... especially after having been at work, at a bar and at various shops.

Was the front door locked when the boyfriend returned home? It must have been, I suppose, because that didn't seem to alert him that anything was wrong.

I think the parents made an excellent decision to invite the boyfriend to stay with them for a couple of days, if only to gauge his state of mind and comments. I also rather like the idea of the mother taking part in the re-enactment. She is older, but mothers and daughters often (not always) somewhat resemble each other, and can even have a similar gait. If the mother was shown walking, wearing similar clothing, but filmed primarily from the back and side, it could trigger someone's memory.

I didn't realize that it was confirmed that there was no sexual assault. Thanks for that info. With no sexual assault, murder, and fully clothed body moved to a different location ... I'm leaning towards the boyfriend. Maybe working and living together was a little more togetherness than the relationship could stand. Maybe that's why he was going away for the weekend. I'm having a bit of a problem getting around the fact that the boyfriend was away, that he couldn't contact her, that he fully expected her to be home making mince meat pies (that sounds so much like Scott Peterson saying that Laci was baking cookies), that it didn't bother him that she ignored him, that it didn't bother him that she wasn't home when he returned, that it took several hours to ... didn't he then call her parents ... three hours to contact police. For a couple that was supposed to be so close, it seems like they were acting like roommates, not a couple.

If it is not the boyfriend, then it has to be someone that simply murders women, taking a huge risk, for no particular reason. That doesn't make much sense.

What sort of DNA are police looking at? The body could have been in the snow for a week. With no sexual assault, I would be surprised if there was any incriminating DNA evidence on the clothing ... especially after having been at work, at a bar and at various shops.

Was the front door locked when the boyfriend returned home? It must have been, I suppose, because that didn't seem to alert him that anything was wrong.

I was just reading where it said that Joanna wasn't sexually assaulted.

"Apart from the missing sock, she was fully clothed and had not been sexually assaulted."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...now-too-late-to-track-down-her-strangler.html

If the boyfriend did it, it makes sense that he ate the pizza, then threw away the packaging - not realizing that the pizza would be noticed missing. Who else would eat the pizza or throw out the garbage? Certainly not a stranger. Not even an acquaintance that knew her would take out her trash before transporting her body to another location.

Strangulation is not usually a quick death, and it gives the victim the opportunity to fight back. Maybe Joanna had some DNA under her nails.

I was just reading where it said that Joanna wasn't sexually assaulted.

"Apart from the missing sock, she was fully clothed and had not been sexually assaulted."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...now-too-late-to-track-down-her-strangler.html

Thanks for the link. I noticed this in the article: "When she rang her best friend Rebecca Scott at 8.30pm from her mobile, she was her normal self and made arrangements to meet on Christmas Eve, then stopped off at a Tesco Express to buy a pizza at 8.40pm and Bargain Booze, where she bought two bottles of cider."

Wasn't she going to spend Christmas with her boyfriend at her parents house?

Thanks for the link. I noticed this in the article: "When she rang her best friend Rebecca Scott at 8.30pm from her mobile, she was her normal self and made arrangements to meet on Christmas Eve, then stopped off at a Tesco Express to buy a pizza at 8.40pm and Bargain Booze, where she bought two bottles of cider."

yw! I'll have to check on that regarding Christmas. I'm only new to reading about this case so I've got a lot of catching up to do.

Does anyone know what type of vehicle the boyfriend drives?.

"The main new line of enquiry surrounds the sighting of a light coloured 4x4 vehicles in the vicinity of Joanna’s flat on the night she was abducted.

The appeal for information over the 4x4 came as police said they now believed Miss Yeates returned to her Clifton home safely on 17 December - the night she was last seen alive.

DCI Jones said: "We have had a number of reports of vehicles in Longwood Lane during the late Friday evening and early hours of Saturday morning, including a possibly light-coloured 4x4 vehicle which is of particular interest to us at this time.”

He went on to say, "This 4x4 and the other vehicles may be completely unconnected but I urge anyone in that car or any other driver in the vicinity that night to come forward.""

http://www.rhinocarhire.com/Car-Hir...arch-For-4x4-Seen-Near-Joannas-Flat-6066.aspx

The friend claims that Joanna called her that night to make plans for Christmas Eve, but the boyfriend says they were going to spend Christmas with her parents. Perhaps they were driving there on Christmas day, and perhaps the friend meant Christmas Eve day. I suppose her work schedule would be helpful. If she was working into the afternoon, then I would expect that she would be preparing for the trip to her parents, packing, presents, and all the Christmas preparations after work on December 24. The mother says that Christmas was her favourite holiday. If the couple only had the weekend off, then it makes sense that they would drive to her parents place on Friday and leave Sunday.

"Greg Reardon, 27, told of his despair after returning to their flat on Sunday evening following a weekend away and finding her gone.

‘She was my future,’ he said. ‘This Christmas was going to be our first together. I was going to stay with her family, which is always a big deal for a boyfriend.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ates-sobs-I-want-Christmas.html#ixzz1AcUhLjiH

My mistake ... the friend lives close to the parents. "'She phoned me on her way home from the Ram pub at around 8pm on Friday and we arranged to meet at Christmas Eve as she was travelling down that day with her boyfriend to spend time with her parents." (from another article)

The friend claims that Joanna called her that night to make plans for Christmas Eve, but the boyfriend says they were going to spend Christmas with her parents. Perhaps they were driving there on Christmas day, and perhaps the friend meant Christmas Eve day. I suppose her work schedule would be helpful. If she was working into the afternoon, then I would expect that she would be preparing for the trip to her parents, packing, presents, and all the Christmas preparations after work on December 24. The mother says that Christmas was her favourite holiday.

"Greg Reardon, 27, told of his despair after returning to their flat on Sunday evening following a weekend away and finding her gone.

‘She was my future,’ he said. ‘This Christmas was going to be our first together. I was going to stay with her family, which is always a big deal for a boyfriend.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ates-sobs-I-want-Christmas.html#ixzz1AcUhLjiH

I'm thinking that perhaps Rebecca lives in Southampton where Joanna and Greg "were spending Christmas at her parents"?.

Rebecca, 25, said: ”I was the last person believed to have spoken to Jo. She rang me at 8.30pm on Friday as she walked back from the pub.

”We spoke for about 15 minutes – and she was totally normal.

”She seemed very happy and we were making plans for Christmas and New Year. She was due to come back home on Christmas Eve and we had agreed to meet up.

”Jo and Greg were spending Christmas at her parents.

http://swns.com/last-person-to-spea...ng-bristol-womans-christmas-plans-221230.html

Distance: Bristol, UK to Southampton, UK = 105 mi
http://www.mapcrow.info/Driving_directions_between_Bristol_UK_and_Southampton_UK.html

Hi everyone, I'm new here but have been following the thread when I can.

Here's the latest from the Sun on the text message to friend -

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...eates-friend-tells-of-text-message-agony.html

Matthew Wood got Jo's message inviting him for a drink at 8.20pm on Friday, December 17.

He was at a party and an hour passed before he read it. Matthew texted her back at 9.20pm, explaining that he could not meet her - but she never replied.

Matthew, 28 - who is not a suspect - said: "The text message she sent me was, 'Where are you? Do you fancy a drink?'

"I replied saying I was at the office Christmas party and I was busy. It was just a text message between friend.

"I didn't see her message at first because I was at the party.

"I sent her one back at 9.20pm but she never replied. It is horrifying to think that she may have been dead when I texted her."

A source said last night: "This is potentially very significant.

"Jo was clearly keen at 8.20pm to get in touch. It would be unusual for her not to reply to her friend Matthew's text at 9.20pm.

"The suspicion has to be that Jo may already have been dead."

Her best friend lives in the same village as her mother and father...so they would have met up on the Christmas Eve when they arrived at her parents.(Hants)

So does that place the time of attack between 8:36 and 9:20? That doesn't give her much time to get home, eat pizza and take out the trash. Would that suggest that someone followed her home and entered the apartment close to the time that she got home?

Her best friend lives in the same village as her mother and father...so they would have met up on the Christmas Eve when they arrived at her parents.(Hants)

Thanks ... police have ruled out the boyfriend as a suspect, but they have also said that he is a witness and there are currently no suspects.

Hmmm...so now CAG becomes MW. I wonder if he stayed at the office party and numerous others could verify that. Wonder what time he left?

Why would Jo leave a works do early, but clearly be in the mood to carry on drinking? Does the time Jo sent the text coincide with her smiling away in Bargain Booze (8.20pm)? I still say she looked pleased with herself.

The last time we had someone named in the press, they were arrested the day after, wonder if the same will happen here.

Interesting development.

Chilling letter is a new twist to Jo Yeates murder investigation

Monday, January 10, 2011, 07:00

"A chilling letter containing a pizza label was sent to the pub where murder victim Joanna Yeates enjoyed her final drink with colleagues, the Evening Post can reveal.

The scrawled note, written on A5 paper in black ink, was sent to the Bristol Ram in the week after her snow-covered body was discovered in Longwood Lane, Failand, on December 25.

The lined paper, which appeared to be ripped from a notepad, had a made up address and telephone number written on it but had not been signed by the sender."

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/news...JO-KILLER/article-3081121-detail/article.html

Thanks ... police have ruled out the boyfriend as a suspect, but they have also said that he is a witness and there are currently no suspects.
I know, it is confusing....B/F not a suspect..but is a witness.
No signs of sexual assault...but might be sexually motivated! I think they may be deliberately vague...just to cover themselves in case things change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gerardclori