GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite breathless tabloid detail re: the pub letter

scrawled in black ink on A5 paper

From the Daily Mail, of course - hoping for respectability ("black ink on A5 paper") but showing its true tab colors ("scrawled").

hope it's ok to copy/paste my post #110

It's fine. Another way to direct readers to an earlier post: in the upper right hand corner of the post, there's its number; click on this and you will bring that post up separately, and then can copy and paste the URL into a subsequent post, where it can be clicked upon by the reader.

hi, see post 362, there is a video link there, you will need to watch it through

I find this video very strange, everyone behaves as if they already knew Jo was dead, 3 days before her body was found. I think back to the statements of the parents, that they knew within 30 minutes of entering the flat that Jo had been abducted. What was there to make them so sure? And another issue that troubles me- I understand that the police responded as soon as they were called, after midnight on the night Greg arrived back from Sheffield. The sort of response we would all like, but surely not usual when an adult goes missing? This is more like the response for a missing child. I wonder what was said in that first call to the police to make them take this so seriously straight away? After 4 hours back home, had Greg suddenly found something that convinced him that she had been abducted, or more likely murdered?

Has anyone ever reported an adult as missing, and what was the police response? Just as background, a friend of mine reported his wife missing when she wasn't at home after he got home late from work. He was told this wasn't unusual, and to get back to them if there was no sign of her in 2 or 3 days. She had, of course, gone off with another man. But that was 20 years ago. Maybe police practice has changed?

It's fine. Another way to direct readers to an earlier post: in the upper right hand corner of the post, there's its number; click on this and you will bring that post up separately, and then can copy and paste the URL into a subsequent post, where it can be clicked upon by the reader.

Thank you, I edited :)

Can anybody give me any detail as to who the third person is in the pictures Lorp posted on Flickr ?? There are 3 men in these pics sledging.

Has anyone ever reported an adult as missing, and what was the police response? Just as background, a friend of mine reported his wife missing when she wasn't at home after he got home late from work. He was told this wasn't unusual, and to get back to them if there was no sign of her in 2 or 3 days. She had, of course, gone off with another man. But that was 20 years ago. Maybe police practice has changed?

Tbh - & this is for those in USA/Abroad following this thread, the police in the UK are rather unpredictable, sometimes they could could show up in just a few mins because somebodys lost a pair of shoes or take days rather than hours for far more serious matters ??

I would be surprised if the Police showed up at Greggs flat within minutes on a Sunday night when most Police Stations are closed or only have a desk Sergeant on duty. The only police you tend to see at night are mainly Traffic Cops (Revenue Raisers) with theyre speed traps, & if it like this in London i cant see Bristol being any better ??

I would be surprised if i was ringing the police at Midnight Sunday to say my girlfriend isnt home if i even got a visit, let alone that night ?? But if there was something in the flat to suggest Jo had been abducted or murdered why has he waited a further 4hrs to raise the alarm ?? Not unless he was waiting till all the pubs had closed as a last resort of hope she would come back ?? Or maybe he was waiting for her parents to travel up from Ampfield before calling the Police ??

Or maybe he was waiting for her parents to travel up from Ampfield before calling the Police ??

Is it known for a fact that the police were only called once the parents had arrived? If so, it makes me wonder whether Greg would have called the police at all that night, left to himself. Then back to the question- what did the parents see when they arrived that convinced them (and presumably the police too) that this was a real tragedy unfolding?

I'm not sure exactly of all the details, if any were revealed. I may have lost track on all the reported info.

Was the flat door locked when Greg Reardon got back home?

I've noticed that the media didn't say what time Greg Reardon left on that day Jo went missing until long after her body was found. Does it seem odd to anyone else to start making a drive all the way from Bristol to Sheffield at nighttime when it's dark, just before his girlfriend was due to arrive home from work? Why didn't he set off in the morning when he had enough light?

Tbh - & this is for those in USA/Abroad following this thread, the police in the UK are rather unpredictable, sometimes they could could show up in just a few mins because somebodys lost a pair of shoes or take days rather than hours for far more serious matters ??

I would be surprised if the Police showed up at Greggs flat within minutes on a Sunday night when most Police Stations are closed or only have a desk Sergeant on duty. The only police you tend to see at night are mainly Traffic Cops (Revenue Raisers) with theyre speed traps, & if it like this in London i cant see Bristol being any better ??

I would be surprised if i was ringing the police at Midnight Sunday to say my girlfriend isnt home if i even got a visit, let alone that night ?? But if there was something in the flat to suggest Jo had been abducted or murdered why has he waited a further 4hrs to raise the alarm ?? Not unless he was waiting till all the pubs had closed as a last resort of hope she would come back ?? Or maybe he was waiting for her parents to travel up from Ampfield before calling the Police ??

police do respond slower to adult missing persons than to children, but if GR said her shoes and keys etc still in flat there would be more urgancey for them to respond.
i live in a large town and the police response times are pretty good here even in the night.

do you, or anyone, have Joanna's dob?

Have looked online and on genealogy websites - nothing specific - you can get a copy of a birth certificate/ask to see electoral rolls for a fee

She was born in April or May 1985 sometime I believe as the birth was registered in May - but no other details as yet, I will keep looking and will post as soon as found

We now have a name for CAG ... Matthew Wood. And a giant photo of him here:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...eates-friend-tells-of-text-message-agony.html

‘I texted Jo back but got no reply’

AN agonised pal sent a final text by murdered Joanna Yeates revealed last night that he replied - but never heard from her again.
Their mobile exchange is a crucial lead, because it could give cops an accurate idea of the time she was strangled.

Matthew Wood got Jo's message inviting him for a drink at 8.20pm on Friday, December 17.

[snip]

Science graduate Matthew is a friend of Jo's brother Christopher. Both went to £10,000-a-year King Edward VI school in Southampton.

He has lived in Bristol ten years and met Jo a few times after she moved to the city two years ago and knew few people there.

They had not seen each other for about 18 months. It is believed Jo thought Matthew still lived in the Clifton area. But he had recently moved across the city.

He said: "We had been friends on Facebook and had an email exchange and were planning on meeting again at some stage.

"She obviously left her Christmas party early and probably wanted another drink with someone on the way home. But I couldn't go. I wish I had.

"I've been in touch with the family since the news about Jo. It's very sad and I'm upset about it.

"I'd have been out on a Friday night anyway. Whoever did it probably had their eye on her, so it may not have changed anything."

He also indicates that he has been interviewed twice, omce before Christmas.

I'm not sure exactly of all the details, if any were revealed. I may have lost track on all the reported info.

I've noticed that the media didn't say what time Greg Reardon left on that day Jo went missing until long after her body was found. Does it seem odd to anyone else to start making a drive all the way from Bristol to Sheffield at nighttime when it's dark, just before his girlfriend was due to arrive home from work? Why didn't he set off in the morning when he had enough light?

Hi Alisia Dragoon, and welcome to WS.

Not to mention the atrocious weather conditions.....this is all odd...if we are to believe all we've been told!

We now have a name for CAG ... Matthew Wood. And a giant photo of him here:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...eates-friend-tells-of-text-message-agony.html

He also indicates that he has been interviewed twice, omce before Christmas.

"Jo was clearly keen at 8.20pm to get in touch. It would be unusual for her not to reply to her friend Matthew's text at 9.20pm.

How comes it's "unusual" for her not to reply to a casual friend, and yet her parents and BF say it would not unusual for her not to reply to their texts???....

come on now, that just dont add up!!

Luna, you posted on the other thread

Remember at the laying of the flowers, Greg wipes his hand as soon as he laid his flowers down, and then kept them concealed under his jacket for the whole duration, also his brother (his alibi) has his half hidden in his trouser pocket, EVERYONE else has theirs fully on display. ETA @16seconds onwards

I noticed that too, and tried to find a rational reason in my head for wiping your hands in that situation- perhaps some dirt got on him? The brother I saw go on TV a few days after she was missing and he seemed so cool and calculated - he wasn't upset in the slightest, made me wonder - who'se brother goes on tv and doesn't even *look* worried - I've tried to track down that video but can't find it - all strange - perhaps some people are just by nature stoical in face of anything like this, we can read into body language in the wrong way perhaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double