GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok thanks for that robin, fair enough, just that the police said they thought she had been there for several days

IMO Jo had been outside for several days but not there on the lane where she was found.

Luna,

I'm in 100% agreement here.

I also noticed how GR was tense and flustered up until CJ was arrested. Then he *visibly* relaxed and made a number of odd comments.

I think [or hope] that LE is on his case ... just making sure it's iron clad.

Exactly, & the LE soon released CJ/LL once GR started wishing everybody a Happy New Year etc ....

I _think_ I read somewhere (it wasn't ages ago, but I can't find the link online) that the dogs must be used within a certain timeframe, if they wait too long the 'smell of death' is no longer detectable?

studies have been done inside buildings where cadaver dogs can still trace the scent when its origin has long been removed for up to 14 months (at least in one study) - in one case, the famous eugene zapata case in the usa the dogs were right years and years later

in a closed environment the scent stays a long long time, attaches and mixes itself to fibres, fabrics, porous materials, in outdoors environment the scent of death may dissipate more rapidly especially if it has nothing to attach itself to - just my laymans opinion

Luna,

I'm in 100% agreement here.

I also noticed how GR was tense and flustered up until CJ was arrested. Then he *visibly* relaxed and made a number of odd comments.

I think [or hope] that LE is on his case ... just making sure it's iron clad.

Glad I'm not alone Patticake....

I think they are lulling him in a false sense of security; as a "witness" in the investigation, the police can talk to him anytime without representation, as soon as they make him a suspect, he'll get lawyered up...... and might just contradict what he has said as a witness.

My only worry is that he might top himself; maybe that's why the police are treating him 'softly, softly'.

Sorry, first thing Google came up with re: Grimes and the dogs. :back:

LOL, no worries, just remember truth is to the sun like holy water as is the sun to vampires, liars, tramps and thieves

:crazy:

remove the word from your headspace as soon as possible

A more-suitable dog story, this one from the Times (yeah, I know - another Murdoch paper!):

On scent of success: sniffer dog Keela earns more than her Chief Constable

Keela’s considerable talent in uncovering minute pieces of evidence that can later be confirmed by forensic tests has put her in the forefront of detective work across Britain. She was drafted in to help after the stabbing of the young mother, Abigail Witchalls, in Surrey, and has been involved in high- profile cases across 17 forces, from Devon and Cornwall to Strathclyde.

More on Keela et al. at link above

IMO Jo had been outside for several days but not there on the lane where she was found.

Please forgive this analogy (I will remove if this really offends anyone)....

imagine what it's like lifting a fresh turkey...... and then imagine what it's like lifting a frozen one, if Joanna had been outside for several days during that time in those conditions, her body would have been frozen solid, it would have been virtually impossible to get a hold/grip on her..... just cannot imagine how that would be done?

I think you mean the very first video? with Greg, Parents, and brother (Chris) that was whooshed very early on.

that's very true.

I know I am being very single minded in my belief in the BF's guilt. I am wondering if this text has been leaked by the police on purpose.... I think he started out late to Sheffield, maybe even got onto the motorway, the traffic and weather conditions were so bad that he turned back, he could even have phoned her to let her know he was coming back and that's why she picked up the pizza, once home he found out she'd texted this guy and he went ballistic.......... once it happened, he had to go to Sheffield as he needed an alibi.... left her body on the way (I am probably in the absolute minority, that I can see how her body could have been covered in snow and not been noticed) I think his brother said he arrived earlier than he did (his wife and child could have been in bed asleep) he could easily have said it took him @4-5 hours instead of 3 due to adverse weather/driving conditions)

Until I hear the police categorically say he has been eliminated as a suspect, all my money is on him.

Luna15, I think you and me share the same brain! :shush:

LOL, no worries, just remember truth is to the sun like holy water as is the sun to vampires, liars, tramps and thieves

:crazy:

remove the word from your headspace as soon as possible

The thing I do like about the Sun, though, is that, being a scurrilous tabloid, it will pay for information and thus can have authentic sources of leakage inside the police force.

Oh also, a great read about the paper's origins is Stick It Up Your Punter: The Uncut Story of the Sun Newspaper, which is hilarious, perhaps the best book - certainly best one I've read - on tabloid journalism.

wow just now reading about this. So no new leads?

Nothing new this morning, really, although the name of the person to whom the victim sent her last text (Matthew Wood) has been revealed.

The only named suspect is still the landlord, Christopher Jefferies.

It looks like the police haven't a clue, but perhaps they do and aren't telling.

The thing I do like about the Sun, though, is that, being a scurrilous tabloid, it will pay for information and thus can have authentic sources of leakage inside the police force.

Oh also, a great read about the paper's origins is Stick It Up Your Punter: The Uncut Story of the Sun Newspaper, which is hilarious, perhaps the best book - certainly best one I've read - on tabloid journalism.

that may be but depends whose side they are on

both the sun and the daily mail have been attrocious in reporting about things - i remember the madeleine mccann story - they posted blatant lies - in support of the suspect parents at the time - sorry, i don't care who is innocent or guilty, i want facts not rubbish posted

eta I don't think they are on anyone's side in the main, their ONLY motive is making MONEY which makes them immoral

Please forgive this analogy (I will remove if this really offends anyone)....

imagine what it's like lifting a fresh turkey...... and then imagine what it's like lifting a frozen one, if Joanna had been outside for several days during that time in those conditions, her body would have been frozen solid, it would have been virtually impossible to get a hold/grip on her..... just cannot imagine how that would be done?

With two people assisting IMO it's possible.

Her body was found partly hidden by snow on a roadside verge in north Somerset on Christmas Day.

Read more: http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/73267...tified-by-conflicting-messages-#ixzz1AezJjdbW

I take it she can't have been out there at the very spot she was found in for days, then. The body could have been anywhere (well, almost) where it was cold enough for it to freeze. Chest freezer (if big enough), field (perhaps wrapped in tarpaulin or something so it didn't freeze onto the ground), garage (concrete walls and floor, no heating), garden shed...

How useful - you copy and paste a section of the text and the source automatically appears... well done thefirstpost.co.uk.

Her body was found partly hidden by snow on a roadside verge in north Somerset on Christmas Day.

Read more: http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/73267...tified-by-conflicting-messages-#ixzz1AezJjdbW

I take it she can't have been out there at the very spot she was found in for days, then. The body could have been anywhere (well, almost) where it was cold enough for it to freeze. Chest freezer (if big enough), field (perhaps wrapped in tarpaulin or something so it didn't freeze onto the ground), garage (concrete walls and floor, no heating), garden shed...

How useful - you copy and paste a section of the text and the source automatically appears... well done thefirstpost.co.uk.

Agreed on the "she can't have been there that long." I just don't see people in that vicinity missing spotting Jo for days.

And yes, First Post is well-worth a bookmark. They haven't published much about the case, but the two Robert Chesshyre essays have been among the best of anything I've read. Probably the best.

Luna15, I think you and me share the same brain! :shush:

Someone on another board who has worked in the mobile phone industry/and been involved in fraud enquiries states that the police can tell what time a text message is read - so the police will be aware if Joanna/or anyone read the reply from CAG, and if so, what time.

As Patticake said "just making sure it's iron clad".

Exactly, I believe it was kept 'protected' by something so it was very, very cold but not frozen, when it was taken to the lane where it was found it was wet rather than frozen so it 'adhered' to the frozen grass and stuck much like your fingers do on the sides of your home icebox.

Just ask an obliging friend to lie on the floor as a dead weight and give neither assistance nor resistance of any kind. Then try picking up the person and carrying her said:
Couldn't agree more. Even a strong man would have difficulty - she wasn't a waif.

Happen there were two perps to lift her?

Alternatively, maybe that's why Jo was found where she was found, and not in the quarry?

At the same time, if there was just one perp, and the murder wasn't (entirely) planned (i.e. it was rather accidental, in the heat of the moment), how much could adrenaline have helped? (I'm thinking in terms of how much adrenaline helps when a person is scared. I don't know.)

Very confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member