GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Daily Mail counters with....

Jo Yeates' Facebook friends are asked for DNA samples

Detectives hunting the killer of Joanna Yeates are taking DNA samples from her Facebook friends.

They are swabbing dozens of people across Britain as calls for mass screening in her home city grow.

Those targeted include men who live more than 100 miles from the murder scene.
---
In a separate move, officers are due to hold talks this morning about possibly overhauling the investigating team.

One suggestion is that ‘wiser, older heads’ could be drafted in to assist some of the younger detectives.

Police forces in other parts of the country are assisting with taking the DNA samples and conducting interviews.

the rest at link above

CAG = Casual Acquaintence Guy (who missed the last text)

LE - Law Enforcement
LL - LandLord
JY - Jo(anna) Yeates
GR - Greg Reardon (JY's boyfriend)
LP, Lorp - Lawrence Penney (tennant from next door)
PS - Peter Stanley, Landlord of LP/Lorp
CJ - Chris Jeffries aka LL
RS - Rebecca Scott (Joanna's Bestfriend / Last phone call)
CAG - Casual Acquaintance Guy (Final Text / Friend of Jo's Brother / No id)
Bernard - Joanna's Cat

Updated

I hope DNA and 'wiser heads' catch out the *advertiser censored*(s)!

btw, there are 3 guys in Lorps sledging pics, do we know who the third guy is ??

Just to give an answer or opinion to one or two of these.

*Was Jo vegetarian, did she like that type of pizza enough to have it when by herself, or even enough to finish the left-overs the next day? Or could she considerately have bought that type of pizza to please someone else?

I read somewhere something about there being a reference to glazed ham that suggested she wasn't vegetarian. But take that with a pinch of salt [boom boom].

*Was the cat starving, traumatized, soiling everywhere? If starving, wouldn't he have miaowed loudly - did the neighbours hear anything? Where was the cat? Does he use a litter tray or does it go out - if so, is there a catflap, does he go through a window, does he miaow to have the door opened? Was LL ok about them having a cat (some of them don't allow pets)?

No cat flap. We understand that cat was inside. CJ must tolerate pets, since there's no way he couldn't know about the cat over time. My assumption has been litter tray, without there being a cat flap.
Greg said that the cat was "going mad" when he arrived home. [NB: as is often pointed out, this should have been a major alarm bell, surely. It will either have been starving or will have soiled in places.]

*What state was Jo's other sock in? If she'd gone out in her socked feet (which I find hard to believe - after dark, it could have been wet, muddy, you name it, not to mention freezing cold), the other sock would probably show it. Did Jo have slippers? Are any footwear, hers or BF's, missing from the flat?

You have almost certainly seen the sock, so make your decision!
The sock in the news conference is likely to have been the one found on Jo. The police were forced into releasing the info after The Sun leaked the story of a single sock. [Can we say that they were caught on the hop? [Sorry]]. They didn't have time to find a similar sock to show, so that's why the one we see is in an evidence box, I believe. We see that the heel is a little worn.
We aren't led to believe that she had slippers or anything, nor that shoes are missing from the flat. But then, as with all this, we're not told much.

*If Jo's parents knew within 30 minutes of entering the flat that she didn't go of her own free will, how come the BF, who lived with her, waited for hours before panicking?

This is quite frequently discussed. And [even though I think it remarkable that GR doesn't see anything that leads him to call the police] you have to appreciate that it's a matter of perspective that can make the difference.
Condition a) that you come home and your girlfriend isn't there is a very different from condition b) that your daughter has been reported missing, it's now a police case, and you go into a room to see what you think.
In other words, the difference could be [although may not be] that Jo's parents were *looking* for something, which Greg was not.
Actually, 30 minutes is quite a long time. So we're not talking about splashes of blood across walls etc.
In those 30 minutes they may, say, have looked around the bedroom examining things and found, say, that Jo hadn't taken her pill for a few days [if it was something she took, of course]. Or they might have charged up her phone [if it was out of battery] and seen that she hadn't made any calls all weekend. Such things would be obvious signs of trouble but not signs that Greg missed, because he didn't look for them.
[I actually think it amazing that he *didn't* look for them, but there we go].

*Re. Glenis Carruthers murder in 1974: is there anyone who would fit the description of her killer that whose age and description fit loosely to someone who is still around today? "Fit loosely' because it's very easy to misjudge the height or age of people. Especially in the dark, from a distance, etc.

The A&S Police site says: "The witness described the man as white, between 20 to 25 years old; around 5ft 10inches tall in height, medium build, with brown shoulder length hair. He was wearing a three-quarter length coat and a denim type cap."

I think I posted something to do with this yesterday.

*Would a perp unknown to Jo really move the body?

In my opinion, absolutely not, if the murder took part inside the flat itself.

----

Your questions are very interesting, but sadly a lot can't be answered by us armchair detectives, because we just haven't been given that many facts by the police.
I had a look at Clifton College class photo's from 1974....and they all had shoulder length hair!....wish the police would at least eliminate G/R or LL.....very difficult to concentrate with so many strands of suspicion. The L/E found part of a pair of glasses at the Carruthers scene...so do we take it the killer wears glasses.....or wore them then and now has contact lenses?

I'd love it if you could find that. There's no mention in any news source that I can find [and I've pretty comprehensive news archive access].
I would really, really love to know that. It would fit in with precisely something I was discussing with a friend yesterday.

I'm expecting him to, partly because of the Jeep and also the shooting thing [to whomever asked about the shooting, search for Clifton College's prospectus and PS is listed as a coach for the shooting team, BTW].

Please, please, if you (or any reader) have established a military history for PS, I'd be most grateful to know more.
I couldn't find any military history...but he went to Bisley in July 2010 with the shooting team.

I had a look at Clifton College class photo's from 1974....and they all had shoulder length hair!....wish the police would at least eliminate G/R or LL.....very difficult to concentrate with so many strands of suspicion. The L/E found part of a pair of glasses at the Carruthers scene...so do we take it the killer wears glasses.....or wore them then and now has contact lenses?

Creepy, this hair stuff.
Glasses - could the killer stop needing them as he aged and his eyesight changed? My grandparents stopped needing reading glasses at some point when their eyesight went from shortsighted to longsighted. Not that I understand the mechanics of it, or if it really works that way.

I dont know .... this is driving me mad this murder investigation - but ive got to be honest & say the only thing that has made any sense throughout all 3 of these threads on Joanna's murder is the possibility she wasnt murdered until Gregg returned on the Sunday evening ?? The 4hr gap etc .... Its the only logical reason why his alibi is so strong, yet he's got away with it coz the police believe she was killed on the Friday ?? The landlord & neighbours may well be weird, gay, crossdressers or whatever they like, but this is the theory i'm going with.
I thought that to start with but....why did she not make any calls after Friday evening...where was all the baking she was going to do?...maybe G/R disposed of them but, with all the CCTV cameras and nosey neighbours...surely she would have been spotted if she had gone out....she doesn't seem the type of girl to stay in the flat for 48hrs without even 'phoning someone?...unless she was entertaining someone she didn't want anyone to see..perhaps G/R came home early...saw this persons car..called her to say he was on the way home...waited for the visitor to leave.. then went in and had a flaming row? Don't really see Jo doing any of that though...think she was a fairly straight lady.

article-1342794-0C9C5D46000005DC-197_306x405.jpg
SNN0105ANNX-2805_1219069a.jpg
chrisjefferies1.jpg

Chris-Jefferies_525562t.jpg

Couldn't sleep, thinking about felines.

Serious point this time.

After arriving home, Jo would have picked up and stroked her cat - she'd have Bernard's hairs/ DNA all over her.

And so would the murderer.

And so would the vehicle in which her body was transported.

I wonder if Forensics have been looking for Bernard's cat hairs/DNA in the vehicles etc they've been inspecting?
Excellent point..cats' hairs are a b *!!"" to get rid of....bet, even after all this time..there would still be traces. Hope at least one of the L/E has thought of this.

Interesting that Laurence Penney has maybe removed his bookshelf - unless there's a problem with access from my computer - it had an interesting collection of books - insightful to his life and interests.

I tried posting a response to this topic earlier today and could not login til now.

Anyway you can look at this page in google cache by doing the following:
- go to google's search engine page
- type "lorp.org books" in the search engine field then click search button
- in the response titled 'Lorp Books' click on the word Cached
- it will take you to a cached (old saved) version of this page

I was able to look at the page as it was on Jan 2, 2011 that has books listed.

Done quite a lot of YT viewing tonight, one documentary was regarding the Sally Anne Bowman case as referenced earlier. There we had a young girl, dropped by her on-off boyfriend practically to the door, and she was murdered (and then sexually assaulted - in that order unfortunately :( ) and left in a pool of her own blood on the doorstep. In that case, quite rightly so, the boyfriend was the prime suspect until DNA evidence showed up the real perp, however it still took 9 months to bring him to justice, and as said before, it was quite by the off chance.

Then I watched quite an old programme, called 'Crocodile Tears' (think there has been a more recent show called 'Tears, Lies and Videotapes') which focused on killers who had made appeals, only to later be found guilty of murder. It was extremely interesting. Link here: http://www.youtube.com/user/RealCrimeUK#p/c/2474E6888EE26957/0/0kE9GuagWZU

I think what it has made me conclude is that I am almost 99.9% sure that this was not a stranger/opportunist murder. There would have been no reason to move the body if so, and how many opportunists have cars which can be spotted? Much easier, if you're going to prowl, to be on foot, where you can be hidden away in the shadows. I'm going to assume that Joanna's killer had a car, of which to dispose of her body.

What the above documentaries also made me realise is that police can and do suspect from the off, but cannot arrest until they have solid proof. For this reason, and the fact that the LE are being so vague with the information they give the public, I am of the same thought that the police know who did this and are currently trawling through masses of evidence in an attempt to have enough for an arrest.

Coud she have taken out the pizza trash, been seen by the person that was maybe following her home, the guy came to the door and she answered it, he over-powered her, took her to his car, attacked in the car or in another location, and the placed by the side of the road?

Maybe it will turn out the biggest mistake the killer made was not getting rid of the Tesco Pizza reciept ?? They got rid of the Pizza & packaging to cover their tracks.

The big question is why did they have to get rid of the Pizza/Packaging ??

Its obvious, because they knew it had been shared + whats the chances there is missing cutlery/plates from the flat ??

Coud she have taken out the pizza trash, been seen by the person that was maybe following her home, the guy came to the door and she answered it, he over-powered her, took her to his car, attacked in the car or in another location, and the placed by the side of the road?

IMO, yes. But what was his gratification ? To follow her home,to abduct her required taking a huge risk. I could see a potential rapist doing this...But supposedly there was no sexual assault here ? And I doubt it was anyone who had just followed her home.How would he know who she lived with, what the setup was at her home ?

All JMO
All JMO

Maybe it will turn out the biggest mistake the killer made was not getting rid of the Tesco Pizza reciept ?? They got rid of the Pizza & packaging to cover their tracks.

The big question is why did they have to get rid of the Pizza/Packaging ??

Its obvious, because they knew it had been shared + whats the chances there is missing cutlery/plates from the flat ??

Maybe the killer took the uncooked,still wrapped pizza because he wanted to eat it later on. Maybe we are dealing with someone who's just that cold....

All JMO

Excellent point..cats' hairs are a b *!!"" to get rid of....bet, even after all this time..there would still be traces. Hope at least one of the L/E has thought of this.
True. My dear kitty died last March, and I STILL find her hair here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay