GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Jo was clearly keen at 8.20pm to get in touch. It would be unusual for her not to reply to her friend Matthew's text at 9.20pm.

How comes it's "unusual" for her not to reply to a casual friend, and yet her parents and BF say it would not unusual for her not to reply to their texts???....

come on now, that just dont add up!!

because she had actually initiated that invitation so surely would be checking for a reply, unless it was too late!

2 things I'd be curious to know

1) Are the forensics back on the contents of the cars collected from the flats.

2) Has Martin Grimes taken the dogs (Eddie and Keeler) to see the cars.

I don't know to both questions

re 2) good question - but Jos body would have had to have been dead for at least 1.5-3 hours before being put in a car for any dog to alert - I believe that is the minimum time they alert to after point of death

Luna, you posted on the other thread

Remember at the laying of the flowers, Greg wipes his hand as soon as he laid his flowers down, and then kept them concealed under his jacket for the whole duration, also his brother (his alibi) has his half hidden in his trouser pocket, EVERYONE else has theirs fully on display. ETA @16seconds onwards

I noticed that too, and tried to find a rational reason in my head for wiping your hands in that situation- perhaps some dirt got on him? The brother I saw go on TV a few days after she was missing and he seemed so cool and calculated - he wasn't upset in the slightest, made me wonder - who'se brother goes on tv and doesn't even *look* worried - I've tried to track down that video but can't find it - all strange - perhaps some people are just by nature stoical in face of anything like this, we can read into body language in the wrong way perhaps

I think you mean the very first video? with Greg, Parents, and brother (Chris) that was whooshed very early on.

because she had actually initiated that invitation so surely would be checking for a reply, unless it was too late!

that's very true.

I know I am being very single minded in my belief in the BF's guilt. I am wondering if this text has been leaked by the police on purpose.... I think he started out late to Sheffield, maybe even got onto the motorway, the traffic and weather conditions were so bad that he turned back, he could even have phoned her to let her know he was coming back and that's why she picked up the pizza, once home he found out she'd texted this guy and he went ballistic.......... once it happened, he had to go to Sheffield as he needed an alibi.... left her body on the way (I am probably in the absolute minority, that I can see how her body could have been covered in snow and not been noticed) I think his brother said he arrived earlier than he did (his wife and child could have been in bed asleep) he could easily have said it took him @4-5 hours instead of 3 due to adverse weather/driving conditions)

Until I hear the police categorically say he has been eliminated as a suspect, all my money is on him.

Have just watched Tears, Lies and Videotapes, it made me cry - especially those parts where the killer is there in cold blood crying and pleading. It also made me feel even more jumpy.

The only reason I can come up with for wiping one's hands after one has laid down the flowers is that the stems could have been wet (if they were in a bucket of water and bought shortly before so they are still dripping). It looks like a bitterly cold day on the clip. Having been brought up by my grandmother, though, hands in pockets grate, as does the hat. I can hear my grandmother say, You're paying your respects, take off your hat; and hands out! However, I have no idea what is actually the convention, or accepted, or tolerated nowadays. And in England.

There are a lot of things in this case that don't seem to add up or make sense. Poor Jo, and her family.

I think if Eddie & Keela were instrumental in helping this case, it would be kept very quiet........ we wouldn't want to cause any embaressment to a certain couple in Rothley now would we?? :floorlaugh:

Have just watched Tears, Lies and Videotapes, it made me cry - especially those parts where the killer is there in cold blood crying and pleading. It also made me feel even more jumpy.

The only reason I can come up with for wiping one's hands after one has laid down the flowers is that the stems could have been wet (if they were in a bucket of water and bought shortly before so they are still dripping). It looks like a bitterly cold day on the clip. Having been brought up by my grandmother, though, hands in pockets grate, as does the hat. I can hear my grandmother say, You're paying your respects, take off your hat; and hands out! However, I have no idea what is actually the convention, or accepted, or tolerated nowadays. And in England.

There are a lot of things in this case that don't seem to add up or make sense. Poor Jo, and her family.

The thing that struck me though, is that not one other person in that group was wrapped up the way he was..... everyone else's hands are very much on display.

I remember feeling puzzled and a bit outraged when LE allowed PS to drive one of his cars to the police station. They must have ruled him out early on. Will be difficult for the plod should PS end up in the dock.

I don't know to both questions

re 2) good question - but Jos body would have had to have been dead for at least 1.5-3 hours before being put in a car for any dog to alert - I believe that is the minimum time they alert to after point of death

My personal thoughts are Jo wasn't moved until Xmas eve and was 'stored' elsewhere first. IMO Jo was far too frozen to have been dumped a few hours before she was found. Having read the police were looking at the rifel range I think they were thinking along the same lines.

I think if Eddie & Keela were instrumental in helping this case, it would be kept very quiet........ we wouldn't want to cause any embaressment to a certain couple in Rothley now would we?? :floorlaugh:

I was thinking that too.

I _think_ I read somewhere (it wasn't ages ago, but I can't find the link online) that the dogs must be used within a certain timeframe, if they wait too long the 'smell of death' is no longer detectable?

Luna,

Until I hear the police categorically say he has been eliminated as a suspect, all my money is on him.

I'm in 100% agreement here.

I also noticed how GR was tense and flustered up until CJ was arrested. Then he *visibly* relaxed and made a number of odd comments.

I think [or hope] that LE is on his case ... just making sure it's iron clad.

My personal thoughts are Jo wasn't moved until Xmas eve and was 'stored' elsewhere first. IMO Jo was far too frozen to have been dumped a few hours before she was found. Having read the police were looking at the rifel range I think they were thinking along the same lines.
ok thanks for that robin, fair enough, just that the police said they thought she had been there for several days

Another excellent Robert Chesshyre (author of The Force: Inside the Police) piece online in First Post:

Jo Yeates murder hunt: this is not TV, it’s real life

---
We are all armchair detectives today. We've taken the cerebral route alongside Poirot and Morse; we've been tough guys with the Sweeney; we've watched the boffins of CSI New York nail their man in the lab. Even with ad breaks, we know it will all be done and dusted before we put the cat out.

So we are somewhat surprised when in real life cops chase false leads; the boffins seem impotent; sinister-looking suspects prove guiltless; tabloid rewards fail to flush out fresh information.

Naturally we blame the police. Compared to the TV heroes, real officers seem to have feet of clay. Surely, with all the technology at their disposal, they should have the criminal in a cell by now? The super detective is, after all, merely PC Plod.
---
---
It was ever thus. In 1946, George Orwell famously wrote his essay Decline of the English Murder, suggesting that the British have long derived a callous (and not quite proper) enjoyment from high profile killings.

In Orwell's day pre-pizza, pre-telly the grim details were spelt out at length (by court reporters with fluent short-hand) in the News of the World and read avidly over cups of tea after Sunday lunch.

But much remains the same today: good murder stories true and fictional have always relied upon stereotypes. Sex was almost always a power motive and, ideally, wrote Orwell, "the murderer should be a little man of the professional class... living an intensely respectable life somewhere in the suburbs..."

But surely one thing has changed since the 40s? With the technology at their disposal, life for real detectives must today be easier than it was when Orwell wrote.

Yes and no: the line between fiction and fact is now so blurred that all of us - the police also watch TV - believe it must be easy to nail the killer. It isn't, as the continuing inquiry into the cruel death of Jo Yeates reminds us.

the rest is here, well with the look - excellent cultural overview:

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/73495...ates-murder-hunt-this-is-not-tv-its-real-life

My thoughts exactly.

This cannot be ruled out, only the LE will have a better idea if this could of been the case, maybe she could even of been stored in a freezer going by the comments the LE made regarding how frozen she was.

That makes me think the body was dumped there to be moved into the Quarry later on.

that article is so rubbish i can't believe you posted it LOL - in fact anyone who posts anything from the sun as any remote semblance to any truth of anything whatsoever needs to think again, not personal, just KNOW from experience, they type RUBBISH, sorry

:crazy:

Sorry, first thing Google came up with re: Grimes and the dogs. :back:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members