GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw a link to this:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/12125414
... which says that JY went home after Waitrose before going out again.
It's not only contrary to what we've been led to understand, but it's explicit rather than a fudge.

I'm going to have a look later at the map but the "standard timeline" of...
8pm - leave Ram
8.10pm - CCTV at Waitrose
8.40pm - CCTV at Tesco
...could perhaps be compatible with her going home between Waitrose and Tesco.

Which would lead to new ideas...
Probably the BBC page is just wrong. But however.

who cares!!! cadaver dogs are cadaver dogs, they don't differentiate between the poor, the middle class, the rich or anyone supported by BIG PR and LAWYERS, tough isn't it! that they scent CADAVER, moving on though

:crazy:
I think you missed the point...they dogs were right in the first instance.

Just saw a link to this:
It's not only contrary to what we've been led to understand, but it's explicit rather than a fudge.

8pm - leave Ram
8.40pm - CCTV at Tesco

well let's hope the BBC's Crimewatch is more accurate!!

** The body not being found earlier if dumped Friday night. **

We've nothing to tell us that it wasn't in a sack or blanket, which could explain why it wouldn't be spotted earlier.
And anyway, I think it was dumped the other side of the wall. Sources have said so many different things about where the body was (one side of the wall, the other, not by a while but by a wire fence), but [and I haven't followed it lately] I think it was the other side.
We have been given so very little information by the police that I'm minded to give up on this whole thing for the moment. We still haven't been told what day they believe JY died; nothing about whether she had eaten pizza; etc, etc.
If she had been sexually assaulted [and I don't have a view either way] then it wouldn't surprise me if the police have lied about it. They have been dishonest already, in my view.
I know that the police aren't obliged to satisfy our curiosity or our hopes to work out possibilities ourselves but it makes this armchair sleuthing well nigh impossible. I really don't think we [well, certainly not I] make any real progress. Sure, homework can be done on a few things but without more facts that they're withholding, I can't see it.
I don't even know if GR was at work that day, nor whether JY was, where in Bristol GR lived in Bristol before Clifton, anything about PS's work history, all sorts of very basic things like these.
About The Sun, though. The newspaper very rarely actually presents facts that are untrue. Misleading, heavily slanted etc, yes of course. But [and I used to work for them and some similar papers, as well as broadsheets] their factual accuracy tends to be good. I'll actually trust them over the police in this case.
Either way though, there's so little to go on at the moment.
Sadly, I can't see that changing.
Yes, the police have lots of information they're not letting on. But I no longer have any confidence that they'll solve it. The lead detective has clearly been way out of his depth, and every development over the past week that we've seen from the police has just smacked of utter desperateness.

I agree. We seem to be going round in circles now. I think we've gone as far as we can with the limited information/disinformation/misinformation made available.

What might be useful, or at least keep things fresh at this stage, would be a snapshot of members' views (one line answers only) on such questions as:

1. Who did it?
2. What was the motive?
3. What was the time of death?
4. What happened to the pizza?
5. When was the body was dumped?

It would be interesting to see the extent of agreement - or disagreement!

But I will leave it to our leader to take this forward if deemed appropriate.

Maybe the ring that Debbie on Facebook said was missing from the body was in fact found in the flat, maybe she never removes the ring ever ?? & The killer made a mistake by removing the ring to make it look like she had decided to end the relationship, however this ring was not an engagement ring & the family know this ??

Just saw a link to this:

8pm - leave Ram
8.40pm - CCTV at Tesco

I posted this in the previous thread:

Originally Posted by slug
just been looking over some timelines of this case and the one here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12109085

"makes it look like she left the pub went into waitrose then went home before going out again to tesco and bargin booze.
This new timeline makes more sense to me than the original, which seemed to me to give her too much time to get home, even allowing for the shopping stops. I guess she would be a brisk walker.

It now seems certain that the cider and pizza were bought to feed a visitor, who contacted her after she got home (maybe actually waiting for when she arrived?)."

The general consensus was that the BBC timeline was just badly worded. I'm not so sure.

1 ...will not say
2..sexual
3.. Friday17th
4.. Pizza eaten by person responsible
5 ..very early hours Xmas day

in answer to Slewth

What might be useful, or at least keep things fresh at this stage, would be a snapshot of members' views (one line answers only) on such questions as:

1. Who did it?
2. What was the motive?
3. What was the time of death?
4. What happened to the pizza?
5. When was the body was dumped?

It would be interesting to see the extent of agreement - or disagreement!

But I will leave it to our leader to take this forward if deemed appropriate.

This is an excellent idea - so long as one uses initials or other indicators ("bf" etc.) regarding those who haven't been identified in media as being suspects; so far, the only one so-named is Christopher Jefferies.

Warning: I'm going to do the ever-unpopular "new thread coming" thing in probably 25 more posts. Would it be wiser to save this till the next thread?

ETA

I find it interesting that Mr Jefferies has not been officially cleared as a suspect yet. I wonder if that's a decision they're taking today, as I'm assuming there were top-level meetings amongst the authorities because current leadership appears baffled.

Just makes me wonder what sort of person a) takes pictures like this and b) posts them on their website????

Dead Seagulls, usually young ones, are a common sight on the streets of central Bristol, during breeding season. These guys, out on the town obviously been drinking and came across it.

Just got as far as page 8, so got some catching up to do.

I think if the B/f was guilty of this crime, I think he must have picked her up on her way home, had an argument in the car, things got out of hand and he dropped her on the roadside, dropped her belongings back in the flat maybe to keep her phone from being found before he makes some calls, then goes on his way to Sheffield.

I think this is the only way he could do it, it was a bad night for driving, he would take longer to get there.
He may have passed over Clifton Bridge
http://visitbristol.co.uk/site/about-bristol/news/2010/12/17/severe-weather-in-bristol-update-a1164

There are camera's on this bridge, so maybe they will be able to trace the cars that used it over the days Jo went missing.

If it was someone off the street I would think they too must have taken her in the car, and then returned the belongings, but why?, unless they thought to steel money.
To kill her in the flat and remove the body would be a very risky job, and if they did remove it, did they use a blanket from the bed, but why run the risk of removing it, why not just leave it there, it is so strange that the body is not with the belongings.

I find it interesting that Mr Jefferies has not been officially cleared as a suspect yet. I wonder if that's a decision they're taking today, as I'm assuming there were top-level meetings amongst the authorities because current leadership appears baffled.

I think the reason why Jefferies remains a suspect is purely to try & make the killer feel he is nearly in the clear, like a false sense of security, right up until GR put out his Happy New Year statement last week it looked like CJ was your banker, but an hour later he was freed on bail ?? Now an hour before that you would of had your house on the LL !!

Quote ''To kill her in the flat and remove the body would be a very risky job, and if they did remove it, did they use a blanket from the bed, but why run the risk of removing it, why not just leave it there, it is so strange that the body is not with the belongings''

IMO the answer is in the block of flats. I also think the Police know, it's just proving it.

I think the reason why Jefferies remains a suspect is purely to try & make the killer feel he is nearly in the clear, like a false sense of security, right up until GR put out his Happy New Year statement last week it looked like CJ was your banker, but an hour later he was freed on bail ?? Now an hour before that you would of had your house on the LL !!

That's a keen observation; at this point they have nothing to gain by clearing him (a decision perhaps has been made that he doesn't have a case for suing the department), so why not leave him a suspect?

Quote ''To kill her in the flat and remove the body would be a very risky job, and if they did remove it, did they use a blanket from the bed, but why run the risk of removing it, why not just leave it there, it is so strange that the body is not with the belongings''

IMO the answer is in the block of flats. I also think the Police know, it's just proving it.

Maybe they wrapped the body up in the duvet cover ??, basically using it as a body bag ??

This is an excellent idea - so long as one uses initials or other indicators ("bf" etc.) regarding those who haven't been identified in media as being suspects; so far, the only one so-named is Christopher Jefferies.

Warning: I'm going to do the ever-unpopular "new thread coming" thing in probably 25 more posts. Would it be wiser to save this till the next thread?

ETA

I agree, maybe best to do the poll at at the start of the next thread.

Re CJ - If the police clear him too readily, it would tend to undermine their case that his arrest was justifiable when they are sued by him.

Maybe they wrapped the body up in the duvet cover ??, basically using it as a body bag ??

IMO it was left 'secure' and wasn't moved until 24th/25th, nothing IMO was used from her flat, I think that was 'staged' not to alert a removal.

I think if the B/f was guilty of this crime, I think he must have picked her up on her way home, had an argument in the car, things got out of hand and he dropped her on the roadside, dropped her belongings back in the flat maybe to keep her phone from being found before he makes some calls, then goes on his way to Sheffield.

I think this is the only way he could do it, it was a bad night for driving, he would take longer to get there.
He may have passed over Clifton Bridge
http://visitbristol.co.uk/site/about-bristol/news/2010/12/17/severe-weather-in-bristol-update-a1164

There are camera's on this bridge, so maybe they will be able to trace the cars that used it over the days Jo went missing.

If it was someone off the street I would think they too must have taken her in the car, and then returned the belongings, but why?, unless they thought to steel money.
To kill her in the flat and remove the body would be a very risky job, and if they did remove it, did they use a blanket from the bed, but why run the risk of removing it, why not just leave it there, it is so strange that the body is not with the belongings.

sorry if I'm being dense, but is the "Clifton Bridge" the 'suspension' bridge? If so, camera's aren't offering up much help

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/2011/0...costs-a-small-fortune-to-run-115875-22838073/

Jo Yeates murder police in CCTV setback as Clifton Bridge cameras offer no clues

Warning: I'm going to do the ever-unpopular "new thread coming" thing in probably 25 more posts.

Can you quote the list of persons being discussed at the beginning of the new thread for all new coming in ie... LL = Landlord JY = Joanna Yeates etc as already posted earlier in this thread thanks when you close this one down ?

thanks

Re CJ - If the police clear him too readily, it would tend to undermine their case that his arrest was justifiable when they are sued by him.

Good point. (Plus, he's still my main suspect - not much of a sleuth, me - so I have no idea yet, beyond "CJ plus the neighbor helping to dispose etc." MrZhivago had me convinced the other night it was the significant other but I'm back to square one now.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marni