GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been following this case and the discussions with great interest. What I haven't seen - and this puzzles me - is the consideration that this is a crime of both opportunity and passion. Jo's body was left where it should have been easily located (if it weren't for the snow). She was clearly an attractive and vivacious young woman. I'm sure quite a number of young men would have been very attracted to her.

So, why no discussion of friends of her boyfriend? They/he may well have known he was to be away for the weekend. They/he may have been besotted with her. It seems natural for me for Jo to have run into someone familiar on the way home and inviting an acquaintance over to share a simple meal. An unwelcome advance, rebuffed, may have been a trigger for an unstable personality.

No marks upon the body when she was first discovered, according to what we've been told

no scratches, no semen, no bruises, no signs of struggle upon the body or in the flat, according what we know

No attempt to mutilate the body before or after death, as far as the public's been advised

No sexual display of the body

I know the public enjoys titillation with the sexual angle and it's virtually mandatory in crime shows. But in this case, there seems to be a total absence of sexual motivation, which thank god, must be some consolation to her boyfriend and family

It's not the first time drugs have been mentioned in relation to this case in this forum though, Phillb, is it ?

It was raised in thread 6. Raised as a possibility. And it was said then that drug use is very common in that age group, even those who're athletic, into sports, etc.

Of course your absolutely right, anything can be possible in this, were at a complete loss to what happened.

I'm a great believer in my gut instinct, it's been my best ally for 43 years lol.
Everything, and the old intuition says drugs aren't a feature in Jo's life I.M.O.
No toxicology, no contact numbers, or traceable contacts with shady pushers. The Police have her communications well covered. Just in my opinion it's a non starter.

I wonder what his alibi is for the Saturday?
Anyone know? Was he with half brother all the time? Same car?

The Daily Mirror reported that a neighbour of his brother said they saw someone they thought was GR with skis in South Yorkshire on the Saturday and Sunday, while another said he spotted his car, which Frank told him belonged to his brother.

Don't seem to positive do they ?

Yes, no sexual assault. Thank God for small mercies. But I can imagine someone in a moment of uncalculated madness so that the first instinct is to silence and kill, not rape.

Of course your absolutely right, anything can be possible in this, were at a complete loss to what happened.

I'm a great believer in my gut instict, it's been my best ally for 43 years lol.
Everything, and the old intuition says drugs aren't a feature in Jo's life I.M.O.
No toxicology, no contact numbers, or traceable contacts with shady pushers. The Police have her communications well covered. Just in my opinion it's a non starter.

I agree. I think the 'drug deal short change murder theory' holds no water.

Interesting theory to twadry things up, but that's it.

Jo's is a murder by an intimate who got lucky with bad weather and some clever covering up.

They couldn't be because her prints would be on the bottle at point of purchase. It could confirm only that she touched the bottle at some point.

After studying the footage of Jo in Bargain Booze it appears she may be wearing 'white gloves' - others have also agreed of these images in Thread 6.

The Daily Mirror reported that a neighbour of his brother said they saw someone they thought was GR with skis in South Yorkshire on the Saturday and Sunday, while another said he spotted his car, which Frank told him belonged to his brother.

Don't seem to positive do they ?

The bro & sister-in-law have snubbed the press, so perhaps most of their friends & neighbours have followed their lead and refused to speak to them.

I wonder what route GR took from Jo's parents to wherever he spent Christmas. He was staying with them the day before Christmas Eve (I posted a link on the last thread but too tired to look for it, sorry).

I also wonder when his brother joined him in Bristol, and how long he stayed. He would have finished for his Christmas break on the 17th so would have been free to come join his brother in Bristol as soon as he heard that Jo was missing.

Some odd things that are bothering me:

1) The father saying "Welcome back".

2) GR saying "Happy New Year"

3) and FR saying "I’ve given the police a statement, they’ve got all the times and everything..."

Happy New Year - just plain weird, imo. As for mentioning the 'times' - not the first thing I'd be saying if I were in his position, imo.
As for the "Welcome back" - it's probably nothing, but - just a thought did the family think she had been 'away' as in her body removed from Bristol? Do the LE suspect that she was taken further afield then returned?

As for the 'scripted' stuff coming from the mouths of the family - I feel sickened. I know it's all for the good supposedly, but still... hearing from the brother "never had sibling rivalry or negative feelings towards each other..." and from the mother " She never had two *boyfriends at the same time. She had a moral conscience. When she broke up with boyfriends, they always stayed friends...". I don't like this media-savvy approach personally but if it catches the perp then so be it. jmo

Don't shoot me down - I've had a little too much vino and I'm probably talking gibberish.

Yes. I noticed. Their burning desire was so strong, they posed for several professional photos, not a tear in their eyes, making sure to adhere to what has become their signature pose with their eyes fixed on the camera

If anything even approaching the murder of my children occurred, I'd ram that photographer's camera where the sun will never shine before kicking him out of my door. Not for a million pounds would I be prepared to put on earrings and pose as I was told, knowing my child was DEAD !

Just catching up. Thing is, I never take off my earrings, I sleep in them, shower in them, never take them off, ever. And I would like to think that I could exercise self restraint...thinking beyond the battle to win the war. Just a different take on things.

Yes, but no one has said that they saw his car in the driveway in Sheffield between 1030 and 1100 Friday night. Now that would we problematic for our theory he dun it.

jigzy said:
Happy New Year.
That was the 2nd last comment of the statement he made around Jan 1st. The exact quote was:
I hope you all have a happy new year.

UNFATHOMABLY BIZARRE!

I wonder what route GR took from Jo's parents to wherever he spent Christmas. He was staying with them the day before Christmas Eve (I posted a link on the last thread but too tired to look for it, sorry).

I also wonder when his brother joined him in Bristol, and how long he stayed. He would have finished for his Christmas break on the 17th so would have been free to come join his brother in Bristol as soon as he heard that Jo was missing.

Some odd things that are bothering me:

1) The father saying "Welcome back".

2) GR saying "Happy New Year"

3) and FR saying "I’ve given the police a statement, they’ve got all the times and everything..."

Happy New Year - just plain weird, imo. As for mentioning the 'times' - not the first thing I'd be saying if I were in his position, imo.
As for the "Welcome back" - it's probably nothing, but - just a thought did the family think she had been 'away' as in her body removed from Bristol? Do the LE suspect that she was taken further afield then returned?

As for the 'scripted' stuff coming from the mouths of the family - I feel sickened. I know it's all for the good supposedly, but still... hearing from the brother "never had sibling rivalry or negative feelings towards each other..." and from the mother " She never had two *boyfriends at the same time. She had a moral conscience. When she broke up with boyfriends, they always stayed friends...". I don't like this media-savvy approach personally but if it catches the perp then so be it. jmo

Don't shoot me down - I've had a little too much vino and I'm probably talking gibberish.

I agree with every single thing you've said...and no vino here. Some very disturbing things have happened since it all started.,

One of the reason I really dont think he drove round with her body in the trunk for all that time; he did not really know that the alarm would not have been raised before he got back on Sunday, supposing her mum/dad (or anyone) had tried to get hold of her in an emergency? he couldn't have risked dumping the body in/around Sheffield or anywhere on route from Sheffield to Bristol, I think it would have made his behaviour a nervous wreck.

Also, wouldn't cadaver dogs hit on the car if he had it in there that long?

I dont think unless anyone has been through this personally we are in any position to judge. IMO they are trying to stay in the public eye to maintain a regular media interest in this case. The fact that they aren't bawling at every opportunity does not mean anything, I think they have shown dignity and strength though out what must be a distressingly harrowing time.

All JMO.

Exactly, those parents are absolutely heartbroken. They don't want their beloved daughter's murder to end up just another cold case. Mrs Yeates did so well in getting important points across. The lady is so brave in doing all she can to help put this murderer behind bars.

Also, wouldn't cadaver dogs hit on the car if he had it in there that long?

Very true Patticake.

Is this an indication that the police think her body was dumped on 17th or sometime that weekend?

Detective Chief Inspector Phil Jones, who is leading the investigation, said he hoped the reconstruction would encourage fresh witnesses to come forward.

......The reconstruction may also jog the memories of those people who used Longwood Lane in Failand on Friday December 17 or over that weekend and have not come forward.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8267947/Joanna-Yeatess-last-moments-recreated.html

Re: Philb
I could go with the body being hid somewhere en route to Sheffield, then dumped in Longwood Lane on Christmas morning. That all depends on where G.R was Christmas Eve/Christmas morning early doors.

I just cannot imagine that L/E would not have been tailing his (G/R''s) every move from the moment she was discovered missing?
Is it conceivable that he was allowed to roam free?

Re: Philb
I could go with the body being hid somewhere en route to Sheffield, then dumped in Longwood Lane on Christmas morning. That all depends on where G.R was Christmas Eve/Christmas morning early doors.

I just cannot imagine that L/E would not have been tailing his (G/R''s) every move from the moment she was discovered missing?
Is it conceivable that he was allowed to roam free?

There was a very interesting post about rigor a couple of days ago. Essentialy, under normal circumstances, rigor leaves after 72 hours (I hope I understood it all correctly). If Joanna was put in the trunk of a car, she would not have been lying flat. If she had been taken out of the car 48 hours later, she could still have been in some rigor. Cold temperatures slow the process. She should have been found curled up like she was in the back of a car ... but ... from reading about how and when she was found, and looking at the photos that seem to be taken while she is still near the quarry, I got the impression that she was lying flat.

Hi all . Just trying hard to post but it kept telling me my message was too short ( It wasnt) Just seeing if this works as it may be because im using my phone (teeny tiny text buttons)

I still think that it is definately GR and that it was done in the car. No need to return anything to the flat and the reason everything was left behind in the first place was because a couple in the car only need one set of keys to begin with.

Sorry to keep on but I somehow do not think its GR.

Here's why. If I was Mrs Yates I certainly would not be able to stand next to him in my appeal to the public. She must have considered him a suspect in light of the current evidence, unless she had been told that his alibi was completely substaniated.

I know he is rather inapprpriate in his dress code etc. but that does not make him a killer even though the evidence against him on here is rather compelling.

There again I could change my mind tomorrow.

This crossed my mind as well.

I think the parents very early on decided GR was not involved in JY's murder. I think they STILL feel he is not guilty and not a suspect. I do not think the police would want to tell them that he is a suspect.

It is possible that the DNA evidence against GR is weak or doesn't exist.

GR seemed very hysterical in the first few days and it appeared to me that he became more emotion as TY would cry and break down. The last two appeals were very emotional and called for relief for the suffering family. I think they are hoping for a confession.

There would be no reason for LE to tell the parents that he was a prime suspect for that reason.

Yes i agree patticake. Also they have said that the police arent telling them everything. In todays appeal the parents deviated from the script when they said the person could kill again so I suspect that they think it someone else. Looking at Jos brother though he seems to always be out of GR's way ... As if keeping apart (does the brother suspect?)

The police will be telling the family nothing with regard to the investigation. Every detail stays in the crime room.
Everyone is under some suspicion.

If this case goes cold we will know little more than we know now.
There are unsolved cases of 15 years standing where the police have told no more than they did in the first week or so. This especially applies to naming who they suspect is involved.

I don't think it's altogether right but that's the way they operate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654