GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Windleson, and welcome to WebSleuths. Interesting first post, that one!

Hello Windleson, and welcome to WebSleuths. Interesting first post, that one!

aug08_008.gif

What I find amusing is that a lot of the posters here say their prime suspects (who've just committed murder or about to) wouldn't dare have a sip of cider cause they're driving!

Interesting developments today..

JY never ate the pizza
GR seems to have strong alibi
The cider made it back to the flat(but did the pizza?)

The police/family seem sure its someone JY knows (and trusts)
If the murder took place in the flat, did someone try to set up GR?
If the body was removed from the flat, is something missing that could have concealed her?
If not the killer casually carried the body out??
I think there are more players to enter the frame...
spurned ex bfs maybe
or a family member??
why was CJ questioned for 3 days?? after initial questioning it must have been obvious if it was or wasnt him.... did they bring him in just because of a statement about "possible witnesses" thinking he was creating his own alibi??

For sure this wasnt an organised crime, nor an assassination, therefore I am pretty sure the perp will buckle soon, they will confide in someone, or maybe they already have, did that someone even help with the disposal of the body??

Interesting post from Windleson, not too sure about the motive, and motive is what this crime is all about..

motive
time
accessability
and alibi

The perpetrator's main aim in life now is to avoid detection. He will more than likely only confess if under duress (police questioning).
As we know the police have their methods.
But before that they have to identify the perpetrator.

They may have done that already, who knows.

Well, going by patticake's link this investigation is in deep trouble.

What is the difference between the Waitrose stores and Tesco stores ? Because I noticed that LE stated that they knew what Jo bought at Waitrose, but " it wasn't important " Hmmm.... We have never seen it reported.Not once.Sounds like LE is holding this back for a reason ? Couple of guesses : a home pregnancy test. Or tampons. I had thought at one time that if,as LE said, there may have been a sexual motive, how would the killer react if Jo was menstruating ? JMO

As the investigation is clearly focusing on a perp known to Jo, one thing bothers me about GR's return home.

Your girlfriend is not at home when you arrive back from Sheffield.

The first person you contact is not her friends, parents or police, it is Jo herself.

Are we to believe he either waited four hours to call her or did not hear her mobile ring in her bag ?

Her mobile was clearly working as it was GR who answered RS's call to Jo at 4am Monday morning.

Did he kill her in a crime of passion on the Friday night and leave her body somewhere in the flat where Bernard couldn't reach her hoping she would be found before he returned home on the Sunday night.

Obviously, to his dismay, the nosey neighbours weren't nosey enough and he opted for the staged plan B in the lost 4 hours of Sunday night ?

What is the difference between the Waitrose stores and Tesco stores ? Because I noticed that LE stated that they knew what Jo bought at Waitrose, but " it wasn't important " Hmmm.... We have never seen it reported.Not once.Sounds like LE is holding this back for a reason ? Couple of guesses : a home pregnancy test. Or tampons. I had thought at one time that if,as LE said, there may have been a sexual motive, how would the killer react if Jo was menstruating ? JMO

The difference between Waitrose & Tesco is simply Waitrose i suppose is slightly more up market whereas Tesco is cheaper & more competitive if you catch my drift. The standards set out by Waitrose regarding staff & etiquet is much more stricter.

Got to say the risks involved in moving a body to your car on that street are enormous. Not something you can do in a hurry, and certainly not when someone is likely to walk past, or looking out of a window i.e 9-10 ish.
Doing so is sheer lunacy.

With that in mind, and not wanting to sound like an experienced killer lol.
I'd try plan to do that move as stealthily as possible. I would choose 3-4 a.m when most people are asleep.
I really wouldn't want to carry the body in my arms. You wouldn't want to be seen of course.

Also another factor is how near can you get the car to the gate? From what I've seen that road looks fairly full of parked cars, that's going on last years street view, and four year old aerial images.

I'd want to edge that body out slowly, dragging it along isn't good. but sliding it on something quiet. Not a wheelie bin or anything to make a noise. I'd want to be low to the ground moving that body to be hid behind the bushes. Once at the gate you can have a good survey for faces at windows, anyone about on the street.

Then quietly pull your car up to the nearest spot if you can't get to the gate.

That's my opinion how risky that move is. Certainly not something you do in two mins at 9.p.m.

Agree with the 3-4am time frame. I've thought about this a lot and concluded the best way to do this would be the quickest. The path appears to be only 25 meters from the flat door. One would want their car to be at the end of the path, and if this spot was not available, then as close as possible to the end of the path (i.e. a few car lengths up or down). You would not want to double park as that draws attention. Anyway, if you park at the end of the path or a few car lengths up or down, that gives you about 25-40 meters. If you unlock the boot but leave it only slightly open so you could nudge it open later (leaving it fully open would draw attention), the quickest way is a fireman's carry. You could walk from the car to the flat to make sure no one was out there, get her ready in the fireman's carry in the flat, then go. A reasonably fit male could easily go from the flat door to the boot in less than 10 seconds in this way.

If this is what occurred, the perp. may have driven up and down that road many times on the night of 12/17 trying to secure the perfect parking spot. Get that spot, then walk home and return in the middle of the night.

Lets get this right, the police have stated that Jo did not eat the pizza on the night she died ??

Does that rule in or out the possibilty she was murdered on the Sunday evening ?? After all had she eaten it on the Friday/Saturday , she may well of eaten again since & been murdered later on over the weekend ??

The LE only said she didnt eat it on the night she died ?? Or did they say she didnt eat it at all ??

+ The LE also added they still dont know when she died or when the body was dumped ??

Also if they believe the killer may of taken the pizza to eat after the body was disposed of, they should be asking the public if they know anybody who came in late that weekend & put the oven on & made themselves something to eat ??

I've been following this case and the discussions with great interest. What I haven't seen - and this puzzles me - is the consideration that this is a crime of both opportunity and passion. Jo's body was left where it should have been easily located (if it weren't for the snow). She was clearly an attractive and vivacious young woman. I'm sure quite a number of young men would have been very attracted to her.

So, why no discussion of friends of her boyfriend? They/he may well have known he was to be away for the weekend. They/he may have been besotted with her. It seems natural for me for Jo to have run into someone familiar on the way home and inviting an acquaintance over to share a simple meal. An unwelcome advance, rebuffed, may have been a trigger for an unstable personality.

This is the motive of "if I can't have you no one can" which sadly occurs. Clearly relevant and possible

No marks upon the body when she was first discovered, according to what we've been told

no scratches, no semen, no bruises, no signs of struggle upon the body or in the flat, according what we know

No attempt to mutilate the body before or after death, as far as the public's been advised

No sexual display of the body

I know the public enjoys titillation with the sexual angle and it's virtually mandatory in crime shows. But in this case, there seems to be a total absence of sexual motivation, which thank god, must be some consolation to her boyfriend and family

When I hear LE say there is no signs of sexual assault but they can not rule out a sexual motive, I speculate that someone could have forced themselves on JY and she resisted, the constriction of the neck may have been meant to subdue and not kill, but once death occurred, the sexual motive was gone. The perp. may have lost all sexual motive once she was dead.

The difference between Waitrose & Tesco is simply Waitrose i suppose is slightly more up market whereas Tesco is cheaper & more competitive if you catch my drift. The standards set out by Waitrose regarding staff & etiquet is much more stricter.

Thanks, that's helpful to know....JMO

It is Wednesday.
Why aren't the media asking about the DNA results?

We and the police can suspect anyone.

The bottom line is a case has to be able to withstand defence scrutiny in court.

Unlikely. Waitrose is upmarket, which tesco most certainly is not. You'd go there to get nice pizza, fresh food, more luxurious items. More likely pizza would have come from waitrose, tampons, pregnancy test such like from tesco.

Possible new clues from the very little snippets we've been fed.

Seen as hardly anything is coming from the Avon & Somerset Police, we have to get as much info as we can from what little is I.M.O.

How come the post mortem findings regarding Jo not eating the pizza have taken so long to come to light?
The Police have had her body for weeks now, surely it doesn't take that long to establish the contents of her stomach. It's funny that news came on the same night as the reconstruction of the actress playing Jo buying the pizza. My guess is they've known Jo hadn't eaten that pizza for some considerable time. The coincidence is too great, more like a ploy to keep the case in the news.

The parents statement was obviously scripted by the Police as said before on here. What does the question 'did someone borrow you car' mean?

Does it tell us the Police have had their main suspects cars in for forensics already and can't find anything incriminating? The only three I can recall are chief suspect G.R, then C.J and P.S. Or does it mean they have exhausted C.C.T.V footage and can't place any of their 'flagged' cars to certain locations. That question is worded like they just don't know what car the body was transported in.

The very fact their asking for possible scenarios, shows really they are non the wiser to events of that night at the flat than we are I.M.O. I can't see an arrest shortly.

The case of the missing sock.
I really can't see this being pulled off when the body was dragged along, or came off in a struggle, neither was it used to strangle her. You'd have to render someone pretty much out of action to have time to take their sock off, and strangle them without any struggle, or screams. It takes to long, no blows were found on Jo's head.

Also, have you tried pulling your own sock off from the bottom of your foot?
Have a go and see just how hard that is!!!! :yow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member