GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good points Phillb.

There is something screwy about this whole deal.
Either that or there is a lot of lies floating around.

I want to hear about the DNA results and I'll go on and on and on until something is reported.
Where are the good investigative journalists when you need them?

I'm not interested in the peripheral stuff anymore.

''The case of the missing sock.
I really can't see this being pulled off when the body was dragged along, or came off in a struggle, neither was it used to strangle her. You'd have to render someone pretty much out of action to have time to take their sock off, and strangle them without any struggle, or screams. It takes to long, no blows were found on Jo's head.

Also, have you tried pulling your own sock off from the bottom of your foot?
Have a go and see just how hard that is!!!! ''
I have always thought the sock was removed after death to use as a glove to pick up Jo's things. That's why it's gone and will, IMO, never be found.

The method used might have been a headlock so maybe it was that simple.
If there is no ligature mark perhaps that explains it. Sadly.

I'm no expert so just my humble opinion.

Note : This article is from the North Devon Local , not far from Bristol, would this not suggest FR had local knowledge to Bristol ??

I wonder if were all barking up the wrong tree here ?? Where was Francis Reardon on the night Jo went missing ?? Could we be missing a trick here or am i just going mad ??

Hi there,

I'm from North Devon (though live up country now!)... it is a significant distance from Bristol.... from my parents it's almost a 2 hour drive to Bristol. Bristol is NOT local to North Devon and I wouldn't assume anyone from North Devon to have a 'local knowledge' of Bristol at all! I've been to Bristol quite a few times and I still get lost everytime I go there.

I think that was a HUGE assumption for you to make!

Like many from the UK I have registered to post some of my own thoughts on the case. Joanna's tragic disappearance and murder has had unprecedented coverage in the UK media and appears to be no closer to solving despite the best efforts of the Police who have been using their traditional methods of investigation.

My view all along was that the person responsible was acquainted with JY although probably not closely. Possibly it was a friend on Facebook but increasingly I believe it was someone she had encountered through her work as a landscape architect. Possibly it was someone she perhaps intended to share the pizza with on the Friday night or the pizza could be irrelevant.

LE must investigate thoroughly all the people she could have met on site visits through her work. Particularly they should see if there is a man in his 20's involved in hard landscaping (stone slabs etc) who could have met her and formed some form of obsession. It would be someone with access to transport for delivering landscaping materials. Maybe he had an interest in stone sculpture. Maybe he offered to bring something round on the Friday night as a gift such as a Christmas tree and JY in return would offer him a glass of cider and a slice of pizza.

I looked at JY's facebook page before it was taken down. There was one over-arching thought that struck me and which explains the media and my own obsession with the case. Her circle of friends was almost entirely white, young and middle-class. Even looking at her friends's friends they too are white, young and middle-class. One idea I had was that the killer could be someone compatible with but not part of this circle. In other words someone who could at first glance appear to fit but for whom maybe language and culture may mean that JY's natural friendliness was misinterpreted as flirting.

I am also intrigued by how JY was killed. Strangulation is not an obviously English method of murder. I do know that when I have annoyed my Polish girlfriend she has put her hands round my neck and pretended to throttle me. In the UK we have almost one million migrant Poles and Lithuanians, mainly in their 20's, many of the men working in the building trade or doing other heavy physical work. What if the killer was Polish or Lithuanian, a physically strong lad working in landscaping? His dna would almost certainly not be on UK police records.

I think the killer clearly has an obsessive personality. This may extend to landscaping materials themselves. Why was her body left outside a quarry? Was it actually in the warped mind of the killer a sacrifice or offering? Maybe he was just familiar with the quarry and the quiet road but perhaps there is a deeper significance in where the body was left.

I desperately hope that JY's killer is brought to justice and maybe my thoughts can trigger some new ideas to help solve this case.

A lot of discussion overnight, but I don't see this case nearer a solution. What do we know that we didn't know yesterday?

1.Jo didn't eat the Pizza

I don't see that this takes us very far, in fact very few of the theories on here involved her eating the pizza anyway. However looking again at the size of the pizza, I am pretty sure it was bought to share. I am also pretty sure that she only became aware that she was catering for two after she left Waitrose. Otherwise, why not buy a pizza in Waitrose?

2. It appears she did, after all, buy something in Waitrose, whatever is in the black bag, which the police haven't revealed the contents of, except to tell us they aren't significant- thanks for that, chaps. This does explain what to me was always a minor mystery- how on earth was the CCTV from Waitrose found almost immediately, if she bought nothing there? I was almost impressed by the police's efficiency! It now looks like the police found a Waitrose receipt as well as a Tesco receipt in the flat.

3. The police don't know whether a ligature was used. What? Well no more CSI for me, then.

4. The police don't know where she was killed. That makes sense if she was killed in a car they haven't looked at yet.

5. The police don't know when she was killed. Another triumph for forensics! (yes, I know the frozen conditions made it difficult, but even so)

I'm sort of guessing the police also don't know when the body was dumped?

I see that theories are now spreading to include Jo's brother, Greg's brother, a mystery drug dealer----I'm sensing desperation, but if GR and MW really do have cast iron, watertight alibis then we obviously have to look elsewhere, but I for one will take a lot of convincing that GR has an unbreakable alibi.

Anyone else getting that impending "cold case" feeling? Or am I just being too pessimistic?

Yes, I can feel a cold case coming on.

BTW what about the DNA results?

Yes, I can feel a cold case coming on.

BTW what about the DNA results?

Yes, I too sadly don't feel confident about how far along the police are. Iget the feeling they are now relying on pyshological coersion to get the killer to confess, for lack of sufficient evidence to pin him/her down.

It is my hope that this is a first time, amateur killer who may crack under pressure.

A lot of discussion overnight, but I don't see this case nearer a solution. What do we know that we didn't know yesterday?

1.Jo didn't eat the Pizza

I don't see that this takes us very far, in fact very few of the theories on here involved her eating the pizza anyway. However looking again at the size of the pizza, I am pretty sure it was bought to share. I am also pretty sure that she only became aware that she was catering for two after she left Waitrose. Otherwise, why not buy a pizza in Waitrose?

2. It appears she did, after all, buy something in Waitrose, whatever is in the black bag, which the police haven't revealed the contents of, except to tell us they aren't significant- thanks for that, chaps. This does explain what to me was always a minor mystery- how on earth was the CCTV from Waitrose found almost immediately, if she bought nothing there? I was almost impressed by the police's efficiency! It now looks like the police found a Waitrose receipt as well as a Tesco receipt in the flat.

3. The police don't know whether a ligature was used. What? Well no more CSI for me, then.

4. The police don't know where she was killed. That makes sense if she was killed in a car they haven't looked at yet.

5. The police don't know when she was killed. Another triumph for forensics! (yes, I know the frozen conditions made it difficult, but even so)

I'm sort of guessing the police also don't know when the body was dumped?

I see that theories are now spreading to include Jo's brother, Greg's brother, a mystery drug dealer----I'm sensing desperation, but if GR and MW really do have cast iron, watertight alibis then we obviously have to look elsewhere, but I for one will take a lot of convincing that GR has an unbreakable alibi.

Anyone else getting that impending "cold case" feeling? Or am I just being too pessimistic?

Good morning

The black bag she held contained her work shoes (makes sense) I found that last night but wish I could remember where (something to do with the reconstruction)

I feel that Jo was definately killed in the car by G/R OR now even that she was killed in the flat by him and 'disposed' of when he got home. Maybe this was the reason he didnt alert any friends/family that she wasnt answering texts/calls over that weekend. The fact that he had NO contact over the weekend speaks volumes to me.

Also a huge factor to me is that any press conferences that GR spoke in have been deleted off the face of the earth - This is a HUGE factor. Everytime I see him my gut/heart/ and head tell me that he is the one. His body language in the photo of the latest one (wearing black) looks absolutely eerie - he is almost smirking . Rest assured that the now missing appeals by him will be played in court as evidence

All my opinion of course

Was the cat locked in the bedroom because the perp was afraid it would go outside when he opened the door to remove the body?
If the perp had no keys, and Jo's were in her purse, how could he get back into the flat if he needed to? He couldn't. Which means he only had one chance to remove the body and leave the scene the way he wanted to, unless of course he had his own set of keys. I do believe she was killed in the flat.

Re: Destroyer

Note : This article is from the North Devon Local , not far from Bristol, would this not suggest FR had local knowledge to Bristol ??

I wonder if were all barking up the wrong tree here ?? Where was Francis Reardon on the night Jo went missing ?? Could we be missing a trick here or am i just going mad ??

This very thought just crossed my mind. It is a possibility. He would have known that Joanna was on her own for the weekend.

Was the cat locked in the bedroom because the perp was afraid it would go outside when he opened the door to remove the body?
If the perp had no keys, and Jo's were in her purse, how could he get back into the flat if he needed to? He couldn't. Which means he only had one chance to remove the body and leave the scene the way he wanted to, unless of course he had his own set of keys. I do believe she was killed in the flat.

yes your right - and if that was the case it would have meant that the perp would have needed to take out Jo and a pizza together... it just doesnt fit whichever way you look at it. If he DID have Jos keys WHY would he risk putting them back when possible dna could be on them? and yet again if he DID have her keys he would still have to make 2 journeys out as I cant see him lifting Jos body as well as carrying pizza with him. The obvious answer to me is that he had his OWN keys

It would be nice to know if GR has been in the interview room.

Re: Lalalemon (distance from Devon to Bristol)

I would consider the distance between the two, close enough. Would you agree the distance is approx 100 miles? I don't see that as a significant distance at all.

From our new poster Distant Observer 'I think the killer clearly has an obsessive personality'
I think the killer was obsessive with cleanliness, which to me puts most young men out of the equation. 'Forensically aware' is an older person IMO, somebody who can think on their feet. I'm going to guess that the person responsible has probably thought about this crime (not necessarily with Jo in mind) over a very long period. We seem to have no motive, no robbery, no sexual assault. Sometimes people just kill, to outwit the police, for notariety, because they can. IMO it could well have played out many times in their head because of a past memory or maybe because somebody who was bored with their life needed to inject some excitement. People join clubs, groups and 'do' things with their spare time, maybe our killer didn't mix too well and couldn't channel energy through another route. After going over the facts too many times I just can't think of any real answer to any of what we do know.
The crimewatch recording could have been done next week before the end of the month, it seems to me the police aren't thinking of an arrest soon.

Without a doubt he would have been - The next part I want to see is the one that G/R makes an appeal in front of the TV cameras. This I think will mean it imminent that an arrest is to be made

RE: Myserty64

He's possibly in that room now?

Hard to escape from GR for me..
Means - yes. Motive - yes. Opportunity - yes.
All we have been told officially by the police is that GR is a witness. If he was a suspect they would not tell us.
The reason for my overriding suspicion is this:
* In the interview I saw early on he repeatedly referred to Joanna in the past tense. Very strange when you are dealing with a missing person. And, it was GR, was it not who instigated the missing persons campaign on the internet? A missing person is alive, not dead.
It is also extremely unusual for any televised interview of this importance and magnitude to simply disappear, which it has.
* Why go to a family event without the love of your life? (especially when all she was doing was staying at home for the weekend);
* Why not ring her friends/family earlier in the weekend when texts and calls went unanswered?
* Why wait four hours to call police when you arrived home to find Joanna missing and her belongings right in front of you?
* Why awkwardly place flowers at the spot police allowed as Joanna's parents were? Why not wait for your own two minutes?
* In the latest footage of DY, TY, CY and GR he is the only one who looks nervous. The others look totally destroyed/devastated. He anxiously looks at them and around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!