GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All, new to this forum but stayed up late from the beginning reading all the different scenarios of what might have happened to poor Jo. I have at times faltered on my first thoughts on who did this reading someone elses level and thoughtful ideas. But I always come round to GR being the number 1. As soon as I first saw that appeal for Jo as a missing person and saw GR bawling and blinking and rubbing his eyes I just felt sick that he was sat next to her parents. Hope to God im wrong for their sake. I was more convinced when I read he got home on the Sunday at 8pm and the first thing he did was ring his mum and say Jo was not home and all her stuff is here. Apparently his mum said oh shes probably just popped out for a bit. Did he say but I havent heard from her all weekend and hasnt replied to my texts? At what point to you become worried about someone you are so besotted with? None of it makes sense. JMO

In either case its bad police work if A. They knew four week ago the bag was missing or B they have only just found out the bag is missing

The story hasn't been confirmed, and it only features on one Twitter feed (as yet)
It's a little vague as well. It's either a bag, or a suitcase. They must be sure ones missing, but which?
A bag and a suitcase are pretty different I.M.O.

Something new to baffle us now!!

The story hasn't been confirmed, and it only features on one Twitter feed (as yet)
It's a little vague as well. It's either a bag, or a suitcase. They must be sure ones missing, but which?

Yes we will see if the story is confirmed in the news and your quite right the type of bag is going to be important also

I simply don't see someone committing murder, and then going back to the victim's home to leaves keys, cell phone, boots and so on. That would require the belief that this is someone not particularly interested in abducting and murdering a woman, but more interested in playing head games with investigators - and that just doesn't seem likely. After the murder, that person is not going to take the risk that her disappearance has been noticed or that someone could arrive at any moment. The only thing that makes sense is that she arrived home, put her bag on the table, had a couple of sips of cider, and then something happened. It's conceivable that she had the pizza in her hands or tried to use the pizza to defend herself ... and the pizza was taken away because it contained evidence from the murderer.

Hi again otto. Problem is I dont see that as any more strange than someone killing her in her flat and then moving the body, but leaving bits and pieces of clothing in various places, including taking a pizza but not other items of shopping.

But thats the core of the thing, isnt it tho? Im not starting from the point of view of 'who dunnit', just from the inferences we being asked to make by the police, some of which - like the pizza meal which wasnt - turn out to have entirely misleading.

If Im asked to choose between two possible versions, on the basis of what we have been told, I can understand that someone she knew would apprehend the girl on her way home and persuade or bundle her into a car. From then, whatever happened and however it happened, its simple, much more simple than lugging a body out of a flat in an evening into a car, travelling with it riskily and in public for at least three miles and then dumping it, and with no conceivable reason for doing so in the first place.

Entering a flat no one is in, and no one is expected to return to for two days, and in an area no one has any reason to suspect foul play of any description having taken place, in order to leave a few items of clothing and give the impression a victim had not in fact been apprehended by someone she knew on her way home but had been kidnapped by a stranger or otherwise mysteriously assaulted in her own home, may be a bit rococo, but its not as gothic as the scenario of a dead body being carried out of the flat into a waiting car which would have been outside the house for some time before it left with its cargo and which no one saw, though the place is full of nosey parkers and neighbourhood watchers, one of whom is under arrest.

When DCI Jones says 'The jacket and her boots were found at her home address. That would indicate that Jo returned home,' Im not convinced by that. Maybe there is other information we dont have, but this alone is not obvious to me.

And until the police state categorically - enough nods and winks already! - that Ms Yeates did in fact return home that evening and was then carried, alive or dead, from that flat into a car which was then driven through the streets to the location of dumping, I dont know why any of us should be expected to follow that line of thinking alone.

Hi All, new to this forum but stayed up late from the beginning reading all the different scenarios of what might have happened to poor Jo. I have at times faltered on my first thoughts on who did this reading someone elses level and thoughtful ideas. But I always come round to GR being the number 1. As soon as I first saw that appeal for Jo as a missing person and saw GR bawling and blinking and rubbing his eyes I just felt sick that he was sat next to her parents. Hope to God im wrong for their sake. I was more convinced when I read he got home on the Sunday at 8pm and the first thing he did was ring his mum and say Jo was not home and all her stuff is here. Apparently his mum said oh shes probably just popped out for a bit. Did he say but I havent heard from her all weekend and hasnt replied to my texts? At what point to you become worried about someone you are so besotted with? None of it makes sense. JMO

Hi Missjones, and welcome to WS. Very good first post.

---
ETA:

19 members and 52 guests viewing the thread right now; join WS, guests - believe me, your posts are wanted here, and the discourse is both friendly and galvinizing.

Just another thought on the bag news- if it is confirmed, of course. This must surely confirm that Jo was murdered in the flat- which would eliminate a whole raft of theories, and hopefully narrow the field of suspects.

Hi there,

I'm from North Devon (though live up country now!)... it is a significant distance from Bristol.... from my parents it's almost a 2 hour drive to Bristol. Bristol is NOT local to North Devon and I wouldn't assume anyone from North Devon to have a 'local knowledge' of Bristol at all! I've been to Bristol quite a few times and I still get lost everytime I go there.

I think that was a HUGE assumption for you to make!

Thankyou lalalemon for clarifying the distance between North Devon & Bristol, however information suggests the Reardon family may well be familliar to the West Country.

Re: Destroyer

Note : This article is from the North Devon Local , not far from Bristol, would this not suggest FR had local knowledge to Bristol ??

I wonder if were all barking up the wrong tree here ?? Where was Francis Reardon on the night Jo went missing ?? Could we be missing a trick here or am i just going mad ??

This very thought just crossed my mind. It is a possibility. He would have known that Joanna was on her own for the weekend.

good thinking Dr. Watson , great minds think alike !!! ;)

Re: Lalalemon (distance from Devon to Bristol)

I would consider the distance between the two, close enough. Would you agree the distance is approx 100 miles? I don't see that as a significant distance at all.

Yes but to actually have local knowledge of Bristol is something much more significant - if we could find out more about the upbringing of the Reardons i would be very interested to scrutinise that.

Something new to baffle us now!!

Could it be something along the lines of the canoe/snowboard cases we have been exhibiting on here the past few weeks ??

Just recalling the report of police forensics coming out of Jo's flat, with a forensic bag labelled green and white curtain from underneath skis and surfboard in the hallway. I wonder if these items were usually kept in a ski-bag.

Hi everyone. I haven't had time to read the whole thread yet. Just wanted to stop and introduce myself ... I live in Bristol and hope the killer is caught very soon.

Just recalling the report of police forensics coming out of Jo's flat, with a forensic bag labelled green and white curtain from underneath skis and surfboard in the hallway. I wonder if these items were usually kept in a ski-bag.

Hmm maybe this is what the family saw was missing ?? Removed as a body bag ?? How could GR have missed it ??

Hi everyone. I haven't had time to read the whole thread yet. Just wanted to stop and introduce myself ... I live in Bristol and hope the killer is caught very soon.

Hi Sairs :)

Why have you put your location as "London"....

sorry...... I'm a sleuther through and through!

Front page news Daily Mirror just shown on B.B.C news 24.

Headlines.

**New breakthrough expected soon in Joanna Yeates murder case.
Police pledge a new development is imminent after a dramatic new breakthrough**

Nothing more than that as yet.

Hi Sairs, great to have you on board - please post any information you have regarding local knowledge & what is the word on the streets of Bristol ??

:Welcome1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member