GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(snipped)

I posted (many threads ago, possibly the first thread) that I felt the reason the parents knew she had been abducted was because her slippers were missing. Imo this is something that a mum might notice.
---
IMO slippers are missing.

A very good idea back on Thread 1 by jigzy.....

from jigzy Thread 1 #244

The fact that the parents say they knew, within 30 minutes of their inspection of their daughter's apartment, that she had been taken is intriguing. How did they know? This got me thinking how someone would know if I went missing from my own home - and the only thing I can think of is that as soon as I get home I kick off my boots/shoes and I wear slippers - if I was taken from my home then my slippers would disappear too. Missing Slippers may be something that only a woman/mother would notice.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5956514&postcount=244

.....and a very good idea now, as well.

Actually I have seen somewhere in internet the plans of the house 42 and originally there were more than 2 basement flats (maybe 4). JYś entrance was actually the entrance of 2 flats.

I don't understand - 42 is still a single family home, not flats. It has planning permission for conversion to four flats, which may be currently underway. I understand that 44 was first converted into four flats, and then into the current seven flats at a later date, so when would there have been more than two flats in the basement?

In the case of someone living with their parents, that might be so, but for someone who had lived away for two years, I wouldn't expect parents (even mum) to know every garment. Just as new items can be bought at any time, so can they be discarded.

You misunderstand me. I am not saying that a mother would know 'every garment' or what her slippers looked like. I'm saying that if a daughter ALWAYS wore slippers around the house and then, after going missing, slippers were not in the flat, then a mother might notice. JMO.

Anyway, it's probably of no significance. I'm probably incorrect, but it was JMO.

I think this should be correct

yeatesbasementfloorplan2.jpg

You misunderstand me. I am not saying that a mother would know 'every garment' or what her slippers looked like. I'm saying that if a daughter ALWAYS wore slippers around the house and then, after going missing, slippers were not in the flat, then a mother might notice. JMO.

Anyway, it's probably of no significance. I'm probably incorrect, but it was JMO.

OK, but it doesn't strike me as something that would fill them with such despair and dread as they showed. Whereas if a long, body-shaped bag was unaccountably missing ...

I don't understand - 42 is still a single family home, not flats. It has planning permission for conversion to four flats, which may be currently underway. I understand that 44 was first converted into four flats, and then into the current seven flats at a later date, so when would there have been more than two flats in the basement?

In the house no.42 there is more flats. Sry. my mistake...there are 2 flats in the basement and the backside of the house there are 2 garage under the 1st floor. So it means 2 falts and 2 garage. Sry.

While making coffee a moment ago, I remembered reading (during the time CJ had recently been arrested) that previous tenants of one of the lower flats and their partner, had formed the impression that 'someone' had been entering their flat while they were absent. It was said also that they'd rigged a 'homemade' cctv system to monitor their flat while they were out. The comment or article concluded with the statement that the cctv had not confirmed their suspicion

So, how many forumites here have ever been so suspicious that someone was creeping around their dwelling during their absence, that they went to the trouble to rig up a cctv system ?

How persuaded would you need to be before you said, 'That's it. I'm making a cctv to catch them in the act ' ?

And would you harbour such suspicions without reason ? The only way to know how the previous tenant reached such a conclusion would be to ask them if they'd ever had such suspicions before, I guess. If they replied, ' I've never harboured such a suspicion before ', then the next question to put to them would be, ' Why did you formulate such suspicions this time, then ? '

And they might reply it was a 'feeling' they got each time they came through the front door. Or they might say things had been subtly moved, for example

Have to say, during the ten years I've lived in this house, I've never felt for a moment that anyone had been in here in my absence. And it would take quite a lot before I went to the trouble to rig up a cctv. It would have to be a very strong 'feeling' or suspicion and would need to occur several times, before I went to those lengths. To be honest, I'd write the 'feeling' off to 'imagination' then possible paranoia. And I'm guessing most would be the same. Yet the previous tenants did go to the trouble to rig up cctv. So maybe they were right and maybe someone had been entering their flat while they were away ?

Maybe they had the cctv aimed at the front door, possibly including a front window - as these would be the only means of access that would occur to the previous tenants, don't you feel ?

But what if there was another means of entry into their flat ? One completely unsuspected ? One not covered by their cctv system ?

From memory, the 'previous tenants' used to live in the flat occupied later by JY and GR

I thought the media were being careful this time? The Mail article actually names the arrested person in the description beneath one of the photos!

It's astounding that the guy took the pizza.

I didn't know they rigged up a makeshift cctv system, I just read it was a makeshift security system, which I figured was tape on the door or an indicator of some kind (maybe a small piece of wood or foil) hooked in to the doorframe to see if it had been disturbed.

I will be stunned if it turns out that access was available to JY's flat by this internal door. Places where I have lived with disued internal doors have well and truly been blocked off and there is no way someone would get through without a jackhammer.

Astounding, disturbing and much more

Unless he came through the front door, invited, and the cooked pizza was served to him by a trusting JY

I didn't know they rigged up a makeshift cctv system, I just read it was a makeshift security system, which I figured was tape on the door or an indicator of some kind (maybe a small piece of wood or foil) hooked in to the doorframe to see if it had been disturbed.

I will be stunned if it turns out that access was available to JY's flat by this internal door. Places where I have lived with disued internal doors have well and truly been blocked off and there is no way someone would get through without a jackhammer.

You could be right about it being a 'security' system rather than cctv

As to the blocked door -- we'll know, either way, soon enough. Just glad to see LE have really got their teeth into it at last. It must have taken nerve of steel to make a second arrest after the first and the threats of litigation which followed the first. But they've done it. They've made the 2nd arrest. So all considered, they must be at least reasonably confident

Astounding, disturbing and much more

Unless he came through the front door, invited, and the cooked pizza was served to him by a trusting JY

The problem is that Joanna had not eaten the pizza ... so even if the pizza was cooked, she didn't eat it, but it looks like he did. She was most likely murdered before she could eat ... and then he sat down and had dinner?

Regarding the blocked off door my partner is an architect and I myself am a chartered surveyor and we can both assure you all that the door would have been blocked up and plastered over, thus creating no immediate access from one flat to another. These doorways are indeed common in older properties, however planning regs and fire regs (both which have correctly been mentioned) would deem it imperative for the doorway to be correctly blocked off. There is more chance of the perp entering via an open window then using this blocked off doorway and I am sure the rubble and plaster which would have been plainly evident would have been a huge hint as to what happened.

All just my professional opinion though

I posted a ways back that I thought we were dealing with someone cold enough to take the pizza. It is the hallmark of a true sociopath : he was hungry,and the pizza was there. He would have no idea why it astounds anyone... JMO

Some time ago I posted that she might have burnt the pizza and taken it straight out to the trash. A quick dash to the big green wheelie bin in slippers and misfortune on the way back?
jmo

Hi, i just joined here today, been following this case on a certain other forum but the squabbling made me look elsewhere......so here i am!:newbie:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966