GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course they're intelligent. It's more likely that they're looking at more solid leads or waiting for forensic results. The internet may be the domain of the police technie guys rather than the detectives themselves.

Plus, I don't think the police would reveal in a statement that they have people whose sole job it is to monitor internet activity. You can bet they are though.

Well one of the contributors to this thread has made it as clear as possible without explicitly saying it that he is a police officer involved in the Joanna Yeates murder enquiry. And unless my sleuthing abilities are misleading me his choice of screen name very strongly suggests that he is a detective chief inspector (not Phil Jones) who has been widely named in the media as connected with the case. At least, if that is not the reality, someone must be setting out to give the impression that it is.

I've been wondering why his contributions haven't been treated with more respect.

Re: Nausica

Originally Posted by equationgirl

Of course they're intelligent. It's more likely that they're looking at more solid leads or waiting for forensic results. The internet may be the domain of the police technie guys rather than the detectives themselves.

Plus, I don't think the police would reveal in a statement that they have people whose sole job it is to monitor internet activity. You can bet they are though.
Well one of the contributors to this thread has made it as clear as possible without explicitly saying it that he is a police officer involved in the Joanna Yeates murder enquiry. And unless my sleuthing abilities are misleading me his choice of screen name very strongly suggests that he is a detective chief inspector (not Phil Jones) who has been widely named in the media as connected with the case. At least, if that is not the reality, someone must be setting out to give the impression that it is.

I've been wondering why his contributions haven't been treated with more respect.

I have also wondered how many Detectives may post on this site? However I have not picked up on one in particular.. please give a clue? I guess my sleuthing has a way to go:)

I'm sure you all haven't noticed - but I haven't posted for a couple of days as recent developments have left me flummoxed tbh. An arrest, but still no real information to be able to make any judgements, inductions. More questions than answers for me.

So NUA is a suspect. What have his movements been? What role if any does his GF have to play? Was he arrested due to information that came to light from his GF? She's from apparently a middle class family, dad's a lawyer - what's her profile and how likely is she to have been involved? Does the fact that she's still NUA's facebook friend indicate that she's supportive of him and doesn't think he could have done it? Or does it mean anything at all?

What of the tweet (31st Dec) from her brother about CJ's impending arrest - where did he get that information?

What could the possible motive be? He makes a sexual advance which is spurned by JY - does that really cause him to murder her. No indication so far from any of his friends, colleagues acquaintances that he had the potential to commit murder. Even his GF family refer to him as a nice guy. Does this ring probable?
Is there more to come relating to other unsolved crimes?

I'm completely new to this. Maybe this has been said before - in which case apologies to all.

From personal experience - I've nipped out of my flat, in my slippers, to run quick errands eg put something in the re-cycling bin, without my keys, mobile, handbag etc. Accidently locking myself out.

Major hassle on a bitterly cold night - especially lack of mobile phone and neighbours with the spare housekeys out/or away. Mainly to access a phone. To keep warm. Solution call on a friendly neighbour.

Clearly, no-one could 'put me back' in my flat except a locksmith.
Hi siobahn and welcome

What about the pizza though

I'm completely new to this. Maybe this has been said before - in which case apologies to all.

From personal experience - I've nipped out of my flat, in my slippers, to run quick errands eg put something in the re-cycling bin, without my keys, mobile, handbag etc. Accidently locking myself out.

Major hassle on a bitterly cold night - especially lack of mobile phone and neighbours with the spare housekeys out/or away. Mainly to access a phone. To keep warm. Solution call on a friendly neighbour.

Clearly, no-one could 'put me back' in my flat except a locksmith.

Re: Nausica

I have also wondered how many Detectives may post on this site? However I have not picked up on one in particular.. please give a clue? I guess my sleuthing has a way to go:)

That would be highly unethical if so, and a bad move to make.
''Don't kill the Golden Goose'' springs to mind ;)

JMO of course!

Traces of DNA found on the body of the murdered landscape architect Joanna Yeates suggest for the first time that she could have been sexually assaulted, according to police sources.

How does anyones saliva get on someones jeans? :waitasec:

I agree. Whatever they have on him, it's can't be 'solid' evidence. If they did have solid evidence against him he would have been charged by now. But hey, what do I know. Maybe they are waiting for the results of a match on the DNA found on Joanna, I don't know how long these things take.

From this article:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...rensic-evidence-is-vital-now-115875-22864355/

Forensics will be important, because after several weeks potential leads such as hairs and DNA should have been analysed. With the power of modern technology and the fact that everyone arrested in the UK has their DNA taken, a profile can be tuned around in *approximately six hours.

This means officers should be able to generate a comparison quickly.

Huhm.
Things you do when you play grown up games perhaps. Best not elaborate further on here :innocent:

Yes I suppose, and sorry about that dancing smiley, sometimes they appear when I quote someone for some reason

Re the partial DNA samples, I read a post that explained with a partial sample you can eliminate a suspect but not make a positive match to one,so if results are in they must at least know whether cj is in the fold still or not, and it can't be bf because they said they thought it was the killers and presume his alibis have been checked and/or DNA checked? Hope that makes sense

Could it be that someone sneezed in the process of dumping the body?

I believe (If quoted correctly in the press) the DNA was also found on her stomach, and breasts. So I.M.O the DNA on the jeans was one thing leading to another if you get my drift.

JMO. But that's how I see it, if the quote(s) is to be believed of course.

I believe (If quoted correctly in the press) the DNA was also found on her stomach, and breasts. So I.M.O the DNA on the jeans was one thing leading to another if you get my drift.

JMO. But that's how I see it, if the quote(s) is to be believed of course.

Oh no!

It is only press quotes, no hard fact as yet. But possibly oh yes :(

The Police have always said there was no sign of a sexual motive, but they couldn't rule it out.

Rich business men get killed for their money, Inner City villains get killed for shady dealings, and drugs, pretty young girls are usually killed with a sexual motive in mind. It's how it is.

Nothing is fact, but motiveless murders are few and far between.

It is only press quotes, no hard fact as yet. But possibly oh yes :(

Everyone speaks so highly of this man. I hope it's not another case of being lead up the garden path. Maybe we'll see another suspect out on bail soon.

I've been following the posts quite carefully but I can't find it mentioned on here at all and apologies if it has been noted but if dna has been found on Jo's stomach and breasts surely this would mean she was undressed at some stage that evening. And yet when her body was found it was fully clothed.
Has this already been discussed, have I missed something?

With DNA found in a few places does this indicate she was at least partially undressed and then dressed again?

I find it interesting all the DNA is partial. How does that work I wonder?

I note the LL is still on police bail.

I'm still curious about NUA's girlfriend.

It is not clear to me if NUA's girlfriend is in Chile with the friend from Aberdeen Road or on her own?

If NUA is guilty, then didn't his girlfriend notice him acting oddly?

So I'm trying to find out more on NUA's girlfriend.

Someone might have a way of finding more about NUA's girlfirend, if for instance, they know more about her friends and family. Is this her brother - working in Cambridge (same location as father lives):

http://www.ceg-uk.com/en/catscambs/about-college/staff/#gunterm

Is this him speculating about other crimes on Twitter?

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...738304+Gunter+morson&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member