GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saying someone is not being treated as a suspect but being treated as a witness is not the same as saying the person is cleared ... their alibi checked backwards and forwards.

To my knowledge LE has not "cleared" anyone and have arrested two.

BTW, I am hoping that the murderer will be brought to justice today and the Yeates family can begin to heal and move on. She seemed like the ideal daughter.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

All they had to say was 'he has been eliminated as a suspect' they deliberately left it open to interpretation imho - the only thing I can think, is that it was used as some sort of operational ploy, to smoke out the real perp? besides how could they eliminate him? just because he proved he wasn't in the position to do it, doesn't mean he didn't set it up, not that I think he did for one second, but look at Nisha Patel Nasri - what a filthbag her 'distraught' husband turned out to be.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nisha_Patel-Nasri

There have been many cases where the guilty person was initially not considered a suspect and it has even been stated that that person was not a suspect and was only a witness. For example, Neil Entwistle, who murdered his wife and daughter, was initially described as not a suspect and only a witness by police (BBM):

"A statement released yesterday by the Nottinghamshire police said Entwistle is ''not a suspect,'' and they would not comment on his whereabouts.

'He is being treated by the U.S. authorities as a potential witness,' said Communications Officer Rebecca Tomlinson.' There are no extradition proceedings in relation to him. On that basis, the police in England and Wales have no legal powers to take executive action.'''

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/news/x1829910912/Brits-say-Entwistle-not-a-suspect

This makes it hard to have total faith in those types of statements from police IMO.

Yes, I understand that. In this case GR’s alibi appears solid, there are no reports of turmoil in the relationship, and the reasons so often given for continuing to suspect him anyway are that he looks like a murder or ‘feels’ like one.

He was wearing the wrong trousers. His hair was too neat. He was wearing a hat. He was wearing black while the family members were wearing lighter colours. He didn’t appear distraught enough. When he was distraught it seemed fake. His eyes were too red-rimmed from crying. His eyes were not red enough, so he hadn’t been crying recently. His hands were in his pockets when the footage was shot. He didn’t want to return to the flat, or to Bristol. He said happy new year. He said he wanted the case solved for Jo’s sake. He set up a fund. He didn’t worry enough. He waited four hours to call anyone. He didn’t call the right people. He wasn’t observant enough. It seems to me that if these are the measure of a suspect, despite what seems to be a solid alibi and police assurances, we might all be in trouble someday.

Perhaps if a decision has been made either way, they want to inform the Family first before the Media.

Hello, first post here but have been following for some time; as I've become more familliar with poster's names, I've felt like I'm eavesdropping & rude.

Charged! From twitter (MSM journo)

rupertevelyn

Jo Yeates murder. 32 year old charged

breaking news on Sky - a man has been charged with the murder of Joanna Yeates.

More:

@rupertevelyn

Jo Yeates murder. 32 Year old vincent Tabak charged with the murder of Joanna Yeates. Will appear in court on monday

A+S site

Man charged with the murder of Joanna Yeates
UPDATED: Today 21:27

Detectives investigating the death of Joanna Yeates have this evening (Saturday January 22) charged 32 year old Vincent Tabak with her murder.

He will appear at Bristol magistrates court on Monday January 24 2011

Detective Chief Inspector Phil Jones who leads the investigation said: "This evening we have charged Vincent Tabak with the murder of Joanna Yeates.

"I would like to pay tribute to Jo's family and Greg for their assistance and dignity in the most difficult of circumstances. Their support to us has been invaluable.

"I would also like to thank the general public for their help and the information they continue to provide to the investigation, and the residents of Canynge Road for their co-operation and patience."

I can't help but shed a tear right now. For Joanna, her family and Vincent Tabaks family. So sad and such a waste, and for what!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member