Found Deceased UK - Joy Morgan, 20, Hatfield, Hertfordshire, 26 Dec 2018 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Cag's I def. suspect big cover up going on ....

I suspect lack of media coverage was due to lack of info however the LE had Ajibola Shogbamimu (aka Shohfah-El Israel) in custody in no time after Joy was reported missing - then released ... you'd wonder how they got on to him that so quickly ???

Did the red Honda police asked about belong to him? I've heard she was seen in that car quite a lot. Could be whoever owned it then hid/got rid.

Cag's I def. suspect big cover up going on ....

I suspect lack of media coverage was due to lack of info however the LE had Ajibola Shogbamimu (aka Shohfah-El Israel) in custody in no time after Joy was reported missing - then released ... you'd wonder how they got on to him that so quickly ???

Just catching up .... MSM have been so brief in their reporting ..... I'd have thought the taboilds would be all over this

That was brutally honest. I feel so sorry for her. So much hurt, so many healing words she and Joy will never get to exchange. It sounds like Joy surrounded herself with the church and that was her circle. She had moved away to uni. So if anyone was in a position to report her missing, it's those who saw her every day. So now I understand why the family did not. If only we could see the internal communications with those who run the church!

Just read through from the beginning. So sad that it sounds as though Joy is no longer with us. She looked like a beautiful girl with a beautiful name to match her personality, studying for a wonderful career that she'll now never have the chance to embark on. Absolutely devastating, I hope her body is found and that her REAL family get to give her a funeral and be able to remember her together. I couldn't watch the videos of her mum but I read her words and found the stuff regarding the church deeply upsetting (for Joy's poor family).

It sickens me to write this but I'm afraid that perhaps her mother's attempts to persuade Joy to join them for Christmas celebrations may have contributed towards her apparent murder. I hope I am wrong and it's just my opinion but I wouldn't be surprised based on what I've read. I hope the person responsible for taking her life is brought to justice. Rest in peace, Joy.

We're not allowed to link to things on Facebook are we? I went down a massive rabbit hole on Facebook with ex and current members of their church. Some really interesting stuff on there, including people who've spoken with Joy's family. Can send links if interested. This case is sad and creepy as hell. Even the police doing underhand stuff. Per Joy's family, they didn't even go to the family's house to tell them about Joy's death - they did it over the phone. A rotten system, with the usual folks always at the bottom.

Anyway, I'm fired up and ranting. A search for Joy on fb should reveal most of the stuff I saw/watched.

I am "spitting bricks." What police force tells a family their daughter died over the phone? I hope this gets taken up and investigated as it makes me think there is more amiss. I thought there was such a thing as a family liaison officer and telling people in a sensitive manner. One does wonder if the fact she was not white played a factor. There is still so much cultural bias in this country.

Oh...just saw the interview with Joy's Mum on Fb...the church did not even answer her calls. They did not reach out to the family. May God be the judge of that. I just cannot imagine any church I know being that insensitive and it is all making me wonder if the reason is they knew from the start things were not good and involved another one of their own. If he has murdered her, then they are not likely to escape the publicity now and it puts them in a worse light.

I wonder how high up in whatever eldership this organisation has the man arrested is. I was part of a religious organisation at one time and an elder abused a girl. He went to jail and there were actually people from the church with placards outside the prison supporting him. The implication was it was the girl's fault. We were told this in a meeting. So everyone knew of the arrest, but was given the impression the girl lied. What shocked me was even good church members fell for the line at the expense of the girl. (I left. No way could I condone that.) I do hope the church members are not being fed a line about Joy. Probably in this case the press is holding back because it is a black church. I do not think my many black friends in churches would want them to. They will want and have wanted Joy's plight made public from the start. We need a law that there must be equal coverage for all missing people missing over a certain time wherever they come from and whatever their circumstances. (Probably simplistic, but when you see racism from the inside it gets to you. (My family has black and white members.) Please God, blow this wide open and use it for change for the good of all missing and all races.

Is this church a registered charity?
Not mentioned on their website so possibly not. Most churches put their charity number if they are registered. Most do so for accountability and because they can claim on people's tax payments so it increases the donations. Some do not because they do not want to be bound by charity commission rules.

Joy Morgan: Man appears in court charged with murder of missing student last seen at Ilford church

A man accused of murdering a missing university student who was last seen dancing at her church in Ilford on Boxing Day has appeared in court.

Shohfah-El Israel, 40, of Fordwych Road, north-west London, is charged with the murder of Joy Morgan, a 21-year old midwifery student at the University of Hertfordshire.

He did not enter a plea during a short appearance in the dock at Hatfield Remand Court yesterday, February 28.

Israel spoke only to give his name, confirm his date of birth and address, and to say his nationality was British.

[...]

He was remanded in custody and is due to appear at St Albans Crown Court on Friday.

[...]

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stewsj