GUILTY UK - Julia James, 53, murdered, Snowdown, Kent, 27 April 2021 *ARREST* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Emphatically agree. I posted earlier in the thread that it would probably have stressed him greatly. He will remember the attack and waiting loyally beside his dead owner. Personally I think it borders on cruelty. A look-alike Jack Russell could easily have been used to spare Toby the trauma of returning to the scene.

Yes I agree, sharing photos of Toby would be fine to trigger memories from his markings.

His hackles were raised throughout, it was really uncomfortable to watch as a dog lover and owner.

Is there a particular reason why they did this and not use a look alike dog, perhaps to see if the dog gave anything away, hinting to a direction or area. Although I agree it does seem particularly cruel and traumatic for the poor wee thing.

I honestly can’t think of any compelling reason. It’s conceivable that if his mum’s scent remained anywhere he would have picked it up. He might even have scented the perpetrator. But what use would that be? He can’t talk to the police and say “Yep, he was here guys!” Also, it’s quite likely that the police would have used their own tracker dogs during the earlier searches. IMO it was deeply unkind to make Toby revisit the scene. My own JR was attacked in a local park a few years back. To this day she whimpers if we walk past it. Dogs do not easily forget traumatic experiences.

Or he has a history of mental illness.

Yep - unless he has somehow come into contact with Julia at work I doubt he even knew she was a police officer - as someone said further up she wasn't wearing uniform etc. And she was a PCSO not a constable dealing with domestic violence mainly so I'm not sure what capacity he could have met her in while she was working but of course he may have done.

Kent 999's "Police have called in the Kent Fire and Rescue Service to assist in removing a number of trees a large number of officers can be seen in the tree line a SOCO officer examining items that have been recovered for DNA. (I wonder why they are removing the trees. Are they removing them to make a pathway or are they mature trees and maybe looking for something more historic).

Yes I agree, sharing photos of Toby would be fine to trigger memories from his markings.

His hackles were raised throughout, it was really uncomfortable to watch as a dog lover and owner.
I think they would have been aware of that . But I think it's a risk they simply had to take.
The stakes are that high.
But, Julia had a loving partner and I believe Toby will be loved and very well protected from now on...

But they'd want to record the reaction of the dog, so it would make sense to put the two together, it's not like he reads the Daily Mail, fortunately.

I think if they wanted to see Toby's reactions, they would have done that earlier in the investigation using trained dog handlers and out of the public eye.

No doubt Toby will be looked after like a King by Julia's loved ones. From their point of view if having Toby there can be the difference between someone remembering something or not then it's unquestionably the right thing to do.

I still believe if they'd wanted to see Tony's reaction to a particular area or the route this would've taken place already. But that's jmo.

Watch: Assistant Chief Constable Tom Richards gives update on reconstruction
Police reconstruct walk PCSO Julia James took on day of her murder | ITV News

ETA
He added that the family are 'hugely supportive of the investigation' and that they took into consideration 'the impact on Toby' of taking part in the reconstruction
BBM

Looks from that like she didn't take quite the same route that was published before in the press. "The actress and Toby left Julia's home address and entered a pathway, before exiting the pathway through some bushes onto the edge of a field.". That doesn't sound like she walked down Aylesham Road (ie along a pavement rather then entering a pathway) and turned onto the field from there. I also thought it looked slightly different route on the reconstruction. I'm wondering if she went clockwise round the field.

I think they would have been aware of that . But I think it's a risk they simply had to take.

Are they that high? A man was charged last night with Julia’s murder, is now behind bars and is awaiting trial.

BBM

Looks from that like she didn't take quite the same route that was published before in the press. "The actress and Toby left Julia's home address and entered a pathway, before exiting the pathway through some bushes onto the edge of a field.". That doesn't sound like she walked down Aylesham Road (ie along a pavement rather then entering a pathway) and turned onto the field from there. I also thought it looked slightly different route on the reconstruction.
What struck me about it is the info that it was her usual route.
Then, the report from the woman who said her daughter recognised him from the area, had seen him in fields carrying a bag.. That was mailonline though so no idea how accurate it was.. could suggest he'd seen her before, had knowledge of her daily routine?
Maybe, speculating wildly here.

Are they that high now? A man was charged last night with Julia’s murder, is safely behind bars and awaiting trial.

BBM

Looks from that like she didn't take quite the same route that was published before in the press. "The actress and Toby left Julia's home address and entered a pathway, before exiting the pathway through some bushes onto the edge of a field.". That doesn't sound like she walked down Aylesham Road (ie along a pavement rather then entering a pathway) and turned onto the field from there. I also thought it looked slightly different route on the reconstruction. I'm wondering if she went clockwise round the field.

I'm thinking she turned right outside her house and then went down this path onto the fields at the rear: Google Maps

I'm thinking she turned right outside her house and then went down this path onto the fields at the rear: Google Maps

was going to edit my post but I'll say it here instead - if I'd looked at the video in the ITV.COM article more carefully I would have seen part of the route which they highlighted in red - it's at 0:59 . Looks like she went through some woods before entering the field as well.

ETA: yes think she did turn right from her house and went via the path you show on google, then looped right through the woods.

Might do a map of the possible first part of the route later (if no one beats me to it).

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jdogcatfish
Back