GUILTY UK - Julia James, 53, murdered, Snowdown, Kent, 27 April 2021 *ARREST* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If there was a statement by the police to say Callum was not known to the family then at least my hypothetical theory can be ruled out. <modsnip>
<modsnip> LE have not said if he was or wasn’t known. Just because they haven’t confirm he wasn’t known, doesn’t mean he was. It’s the same diffence x

Last edited by a moderator:
What makes you think he was having counselling?
By all accounts he is a very troubled lad if he is found guilty of murdering Julia. I wonder if he would already have already acknowledged that he had problems and be under a counsellor. I have not read anywhere that he was under any therapy but purely my own observation of the situation.

snowdownroute2.jpg

I just re-watched the ITV video and spotted something I missed earlier. I'd been of the impression that Julia had circuited the field (as I've marked roughly in yellow) keeping on the same path, but she actually left that path and took a slightly different one , at which point in the video the officer says "and finally you will see her concluding her walk around the field and entering the woodland where sadly she was found shortly after 4 o'clock". BBM

So does that mean she went into those woods as part of her normal walk and encountered the killer in there? Or did she see someone acting odd on the path and change route to avoid? I'd assumed from the location of the forensic tent she had been found on the path, not in the woods.

Last edited:
By all accounts he is a very troubled lad if he is found guilty of murdering Julia. I wonder if he would already have already acknowledged that he had problems and be under a counsellor.
The truth is that there is no factual account at all at the present time and I do not expect one until the trial happens.
He could have been drunk or stoned, hallucinating , and claiming he does not recall anything is another possibility.
We simply do not know.
His antics with the press this morning could have arisen because the police would have prepared him for their presence and the cameras... It's not indicative of his usual mental state necessarily.
We simply have no information other than his name, age and address and the fact that he was charged.
He is also entitled to the presumption of innocence until proven guilty.
This is a public forum and these are delicate times.

View attachment 296888

I just re-watched the ITV video and spotted something I missed earlier. I'd been of the impression that Julia had circuited the field (as I've marked roughly in yellow) keeping on the same path, but she actually left that path and took a slightly different one , at which point in the video the officer says "and finally you will see her concluding her walk around the field and entering the woodland where sadly she was found shortly after 4 o'clock".

So does that mean she went into those woods as part of her normal walk and encountered the killer in there? Or did she see someone acting odd on the path and change route to avoid? I'd assumed from the location of the forensic tent she had been found on the path, not in the woods.

Well spotted, I watched the video twice but hadn't noticed that bit of the map, it was only on for a second. And they do say JJ entered the woods, had heard it in earlier report but I was always assuming that she took that path just outside the woods along the field because that is where we saw the forensic tent.

Like you, I always assumed the path on the perimeter of the field was the location of the attack, but now thinking like you that she changed path or the attack started in the woods and ended on the path. Maybe the forensic tent wasn't actually part of the exact crime scene as such.

The more we dig into this the less we know!

Well spotted, I watched the video twice but hadn't noticed that bit of the map, it was only on for a second. And they do say JJ entered the woods, had heard it in earlier report but I was always assuming that she took that path just outside the woods along the field because that is where we saw the forensic tent.

Like you, I always assumed the path on the perimeter of the field was the location of the attack, but now thinking like you that she changed path or the attack started in the woods and ended on the path. Maybe the forensic tent wasn't actually part of the exact crime scene as such.

The path definitely seems to continue where I've marked in yellow (ie it doesn't end there) . That said I'm now wondering how would they know she deviated off that path at that point?? So unless they got some info off her phone (strava?) I'm now wondering if it was actually her normal route after all. :confused:

ETA: yes maybe the tent was placed there to store equipment etc and the real work was going on in the woods?

If they had her info from strava you would've expected the timeline to have been consistent yet it's changed over the course of the investigation. Although they may well have just taken the car cleaning neighbours estimate and run with that.

If they had her info from strava you would've expected the timeline to have been consistent yet it's changed over the course of the investigation. Although they may well have just taken the car cleaning neighbours estimate and run with that.

Yes, the 2PM/3PM thing is strange. If it was 2PM then it can't have been much later than 2:20pm when she got to the place she was found. Even if the dog stopped and sniffed etc a lot, it's barely half a mile. So that means she was potentially undiscovered for circa 1 hour 40 mins. Which makes you think maybe it wasn't that busy out there at that time (maybe became so later given the "multiple" people who apparently discovered/reported it), which in turn makes it easier to see how the killer might get away unseen?

The path definitely seems to continue where I've marked in yellow (ie it doesn't end there) . That said I'm now wondering how would they know she deviated off that path at that point?? So unless they got some info off her phone (strava?) I'm now wondering if it was actually her normal route after all. :confused:

ETA: yes maybe the tent was placed there to store equipment etc and the real work was going on in the woods?

Yes, so at least 2 Strava runs show JJ taking that particular path through the woods rather than the perimeter of the field

upload_2021-5-11_23-28-7.png

But it looks like Strava was only used occasionally and for runs or cycle rides, I don't think the daily dog walks tracked so doubt it was used on the day.

I've looked at photos of the forensic tent and counted trees to pinpoint location and looks quite a distance from the path itself.

upload_2021-5-11_23-36-4.png

upload_2021-5-11_23-36-24.png

Yes, the 2PM/3PM thing is strange. If it was 2PM then it can't have been much later than 2:20pm when she got to the place she was found. Even if the dog stopped and sniffed etc a lot, it's barely half a mile. So that means she was potentially undiscovered for circa 1 hour 40 mins. Which makes you think maybe it wasn't that busy out there at that time (maybe became so later given the "multiple" people who apparently discovered/reported it), which in turn makes it easier to see how the killer might get away unseen?

Interestingly as a side point about the time of leaving the house.

Something struck me about the police reminding people to take their mobile phone with them among other safety messages. Always a reason for words like that being used, it made me think possibly JJ didn't take her phone that day which has made it more difficult to track down times.

When a phone connects / disconnects from a home wifi router, there will be an entry in the system log with that event, I can query my router to check when my kids have left / come back for example as I can see the connect / disconnect in the log, not that I need to because I have CCTV but I can see the event in the router log file. There might even be log files in the phone as well. If JJ took the phone, I'm sure the forensics would have obtained that evidence to pinpoint the exact time. Maybe they did, we've not been told much - or maybe I should share my IT skills with the police!

Added example - my 3 kids just came home together an hour ago - events in the router log files as each of their phone connected to wifi with seconds of each other:

upload_2021-5-11_23-42-55.png

Last edited:

Does this image show a white tent in the woods?

Julia James murder suspect, 21, pokes tongue out after appearing in court for first time | Daily Mail Online

upload_2021-5-11_23-51-1.png

Something struck me about the police reminding people to take their mobile phone with them among other safety messages. Always a reason for words like that being used, it made me think possibly JJ didn't take her phone that day which has made it more difficult to track down times.

When a phone connects / disconnects from a home wifi router, there will be an entry in the system log with that event, I can query my router to check when my kids have left / come back for example as I can see the connect / disconnect in the log, not that I need to because I have CCTV but I can see the event in the router log file. There might even be log files in the phone as well. If JJ took the phone, I'm sure the forensics would have obtained that evidence to pinpoint the exact time. Maybe they did, we've not been told much - or maybe I should share my IT skills with the police!

Added example - my 3 kids just came home together an hour ago - events in the router log files as each of their phone connected to wifi with seconds of each other:

View attachment 296896

Some good points there, her phone ought to have been able to provide some clues one way or another on her departure time, think you might be right about her maybe not taking it. If she was an avid whatsapp user the "last seen" time could be useful. No doubt they'll have checked all that though.

I wonder if the people who found her had their phones on them, or if they had to run to a house to make the call. Maybe harder to instruct first aid, and get a location without a mobile. Perhaps that is partly why it is police advice to take your mobile.

Last edited:

View attachment 296896

Stalker :p

Seriously, it’s amazing what can be picked up on technology without us really thinking about it. Are you able to identify which child is which, eg if they’d arrived home at different times and you had no cctv?

It’s possible Julia ran to get away from her attacker, that could be one reason to change route suddenly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HopeBloom
Back