GUILTY UK - Karen Buckley, 24, Glasgow, Scotland, 12 April 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they have found her as well :-(

Am I right in thinking he's been at the police station for all this time of his own free will and the 96 hrs or whatever it is starts now?

I think he must have told LE about the new search area...or they were able to track his phone. Jmo

Am I right in thinking he's been at the police station for all this time of his own free will and the 96 hrs or whatever it is starts now?

Yes I think that's right - up to this evening, the official statement was that he was helping with enquiries.... so clock begins now

I think most likely scenario is that she went outside to get drugs (if it was for a smoke, I doubt she would have felt the need to lie to friends that she was going to the toilet). Given she was apparently pretty streetwise, I also doubt she would have started randomly chatting to someone and then walked off with them without reason. Even if she got in his car voluntarily, I doubt the sex was consensual (I admit it could be a bad picture, but still) - more likely she rejected his advances and he got angry. Or she was forced from the start. He then drove around with her body in his car trying to find a suitable place to dispose of it. Not sure what to make of him ditching the handbag in a park bin - seems a bit careless. Unless he found it later, panicked and didn't have much time to conceal it. JIMO

Exactly what I think to. I think she turned down his advances. Poor girl.

They have been talking about the car since yesterday and the fact that it was in the area that is now being searched, so they knew he was in that area - only other option would have been if someone else was driving his car

The 96 hours I think starts now. In one of the articles I'm sure it said he was free to leave last night, and did leave the station

I think most likely scenario is that she went outside to get drugs (if it was for a smoke, I doubt she would have felt the need to lie to friends that she was going to the toilet). Given she was apparently pretty streetwise, I also doubt she would have started randomly chatting to someone and then walked off with them without reason. Even if she got in his car voluntarily, I doubt the sex was consensual (I admit it could be a bad picture, but still) - more likely she rejected his advances and he got angry. Or she was forced from the start. He then drove around with her body in his car trying to find a suitable place to dispose of it. Not sure what to make of him ditching the handbag in a park bin - seems a bit careless. Unless he found it later, panicked and didn't have much time to conceal it. JIMO

Unless he wanted to make it look as though Karen had walked near to the park and been mugged - phone taken, bag thrown away by mugger

Joe Leogue @JoeLeogue · 5m 5 minutes ago
Windyhill Golf Club, North of Glasgow, which has been cordoned off as part of the #KarenBuckley investigation

There's a photo on his timeline. I'm not sure how to post photos from Twitter

https://twitter.com/JoeLeogue

Juliette Gash ‏@JuGashTodayFM 58s59 seconds ago
Large media presence High Craigton farm north of Glasgow. New areas cordoned off tonight in search for #karenbuckley

CCpvf6BW8AA-72-.jpg

https://twitter.com/JuGashTodayFM

The police helicopter has just flown over my flat in the East End. Not sure if it's coming or going to the scene.

Incident vehicles arriving at High Craigton Farm as the search for Karen Buckley continues pic.twitter.com/hUWql68nE2

The difference between being detained or arrested in Scotland

Police have detained Alexander Pacteau, 21, in connection with the disappearance of student Karen Buckley

Under Scottish law, when police believe that someone has committed a crime, they can detain that person in custody for up to twelve hours.

This may, in certain circumstances, be extended by a further twelve hours.

At the end of the respective period the police must release the suspect unless they believe they have sufficient evidence to arrest them.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/karen-buckley-missing-live-updates-5521618

James Matthews ‏@jamesmatthewsky · 42 secs43 seconds ago
Police at High Craigton Farm nr Drymen. Logistics in place for extended stay in search for #Karen Buckley

There is always the possibility that he spiked her drink and if so , she could have been wanting fresh air.....he could have pretended to look after her....the drug will take effect in half an hour or so.....she would have been disorientated

Poor girl.....

Police follow 'definite line of inquiry'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-32313895

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/abuse/Pages/drink-spiking.aspx

I think this is a very possible scenario. Maybe she went to the bathroom as she was feeling queasy, then outside for some fresh air. Didn't the police say she didn't appear distressed on CCTV, as she walked away from the club? And that she walked ahead of AP? If this is indeed what happened he must have acted very quickly to get her in his car, before the drug took full effect. Or the police lied about her not looking in distress, possible I guess. They never released the CCTV, like in previous cases it has happened when someone goes missing and they need to trace someone. *thinking out loud*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop