GUILTY UK - Karen Buckley, 24, Glasgow, Scotland, 12 April 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
here's the quote

On the CCTV footage from outside the club, Pacteau can be seen making his way across the road from the club.

Karen follows him and they make their way along Dumbarton Road and out of view of cameras.

Pacteau has told police they went to his car parked in nearby Church Street and he drove her to his home from there.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/karen-buckley-live-updates-police-5522206

BBM. So did she follow him because she was going that way wanting to go home or because she was with him? And did they 'make their way' together? :thinking: I do think the Police are being purposely vague. I'd like to see the CCTV. Many clubs have CCTV inside as well nowadays so should be something there.

Is AP still 'helping with the investigation'?

Jane Chilton ‏@JaneChiltonSky 4m4 minutes ago Scotland, United Kingdom
Reports of police activity also at Windyhills Golf Club near High Craigton Farm. #KarenBuckley #missingstudent #FindKaren

https://twitter.com/JaneChiltonSky

My first thoughts were that I think she left with him to get drugs and intended to get back to her friends quite quickly seeing as she told her friends she was just going to the loo. I don't really believe that the guy is not a suspect, but we will find out soon hopefully.

My first thoughts were that I think she left with him to get drugs and intended to get back to her friends quite quickly seeing as she told her friends she was just going to the loo. I don't really believe that the guy is not a suspect, but we will find out soon hopefully.

If she was going to get drugs to do in a club it was probably a group activity and her friends would have likely been aware of what she was doing as they'd likely been doing it with her, IF that's the case maybe they don't want to advertise they were taking drugs, especially if they're all student nurses - I AM NOT saying at all that that's what happened, not sure where I sit on the whole drug dealer theory just yet but I really doubt it would have been a solo activity.

Jane Chilton ‏@JaneChiltonSky 2m2 minutes ago
Windyhill Golf Club #Findkaren #karenbuckley #missingstudent

CCpgLjuXIAAnyf6.jpg

https://twitter.com/JaneChiltonSky

If she was going to get drugs to do in a club it was probably a group activity and her friends would have likely been aware of what she was doing as they'd likely been doing it with her, IF that's the case maybe they don't want to advertise they were taking drugs, especially if they're all student nurses - I AM NOT saying at all that that's what happened, not sure where I sit on the whole drug dealer theory just yet but I really doubt it would have been a solo activity.

Are you familiar with the Gary Tweddle case? About 18 months ago, a young man went missing from his hotel in Australia after a corporate night out with work colleagues. Originally it was reported that he had got lost from friends in bushland. He was described as not having had much to drink by them. That wasn't what the taxi driver who took them back to the hotel said, he described him as "wasted". It was an awful case - it turned out that he had left the hotel to do a drug deal, for him and his colleagues. His body was found by chance a few weeks later - apparently he'd fallen off a cliff when lost, but way off the location he was heading too.

So the drugs element of the disappearance didn't come out straight away. I'm not linking this case to drugs - just jumping off your post to agree that a drug connection might not be alerted straight away, especially in relation to people's jobs and careers.

Rebecca Gray ‏@RGrayHT · 1 min1 minute ago
Breaking: Man, 21, detained in connection with missing Karen Buckley #findkaren

Heart Scotland News ‏@HeartScotNews 2m2 minutes ago
BREAKING: Police searching for Karen Buckley have detained a 21-year-old man and are following a definite line of inquiry. #FindKaren

No surprise really :(

Shona Murray ‏@ShonaMurrayNT 3m3 minutes ago Glasgow, Scotland
Important development in #KarenBuckley case, I've been told by a police source

Dr Andrew Kelly follows
Juliette Gash ‏@JuGashTodayFM 57s58 seconds ago
#Glasgow police seal off new scene in search for #KarenBuckley. En route now.

I wonder if they've found her. I'm just so sad about this case, its just heart-breaking.

Joe Leogue @JoeLeogue · 7m 7 minutes ago
Scottish police now reportedly following a definite line of enquiry in relation to the disappearance of #KarenBuckley. More as we get it.

Joe Leogue ‏@JoeLeogue 58s58 seconds ago Milngavie, Scotland
Confirmed: 21-year-old man arrested in relation to the disappearance of #KarenBuckley and police are following a definite line of enquiry.

https://twitter.com/JoeLeogue

This is purely an example, I am NOT suggesting it happened, but people leave clubs to pick up drugs.

This actually makes a lot of sense and could explain why she told her friends she was going to the toilet and left her jacket behind - suggesting she went outside on purpose (even just for a smoke) but never intended on leaving the club. I'm finding it a little difficult to believe the guy's story and agree with what others have said re DNA evidence. I think he is very much a suspect - he has to be if he's the last person who saw her and doesn't have an alibi, which is why forensics are spending so much time at his house and have taken the silver car parked outside away. I reckon they are monitoring him VERY closely in case he gives something away. Not saying he is guilty, but unless there is a concrete sighting of her leaving his house, the police would not be doing their job if they just took what he said at face value, which I'm sure they are not.

Oh no, this is not good news. Horrible feeling of foreboding right from the start...
Her poor family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geraldine Lynagh ‏@GerLynaghTV3 1m1 minute ago
New scene sealed off outside Glasgow in search for Karen Buckley #TV3News

Geraldine Lynagh @GerLynaghTV3 · now
Police arrest a 21 year old man in search for Karen Buckley, as they investigate 'significant' new scene #TV3Newd

CCppS5mXIAAGfCj.jpg

https://twitter.com/GerLynaghTV3

JMO, I think they found her :(

Police arrest a 21 year old man in search for Karen Buckley, as they investigate 'significant' new scene #TV3Newd

CCppS5mXIAAGfCj.jpg

I think so too, very sad.

I think most likely scenario is that she went outside to get drugs (if it was for a smoke, I doubt she would have felt the need to lie to friends that she was going to the toilet). Given she was apparently pretty streetwise, I also doubt she would have started randomly chatting to someone and then walked off with them without reason. Even if she got in his car voluntarily, I doubt the sex was consensual (I admit it could be a bad picture, but still) - more likely she rejected his advances and he got angry. Or she was forced from the start. He then drove around with her body in his car trying to find a suitable place to dispose of it. Not sure what to make of him ditching the handbag in a park bin - seems a bit careless. Unless he found it later, panicked and didn't have much time to conceal it. JIMO

CCppS5mXIAAGfCj.jpg

The 'new scene' is WindyHill golf course Streetview Link Comapre to photo from tweet ^^

cSC2Qt.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members