GUILTY UK - Karen Buckley, 24, Glasgow, Scotland, 12 April 2015 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's being rather cagey about the witness who isn't (currently - IMO) a suspect. When asked if the man came forward or was traced, he paused and said he was traced.

Agreed, reporters are now questioning WHY he isn't a suspect.. "no reason to"

I can't imagine what Karen's parents are going through.

I'll be interested to see your map, Skibaboo. I've been to Glasgow for work but I'm not very familiar with the city, so a map will be helpful.

Missing student's bag found dumped in park after club disappearance

The handbag of missing student nurse Karen Buckley has been found dumped in a park near to where she disappeared from a nightclub, police have revealed.

Police believe the 24-year-old, from Cork in the Republic of Ireland, may have come to harm.

The student was last seen on CCTV in the early hours of Sunday morning, talking to a man outside The Sanctuary on Dumbarton Road, Glasgow.

The news comes as her parents John and Marian made an emotional appeal for her return at a Glasgow news media conference.

The handbag was discovered at Dawsholm Park in the Kelvindale area of the city, 20 minutes before the conference was due to start.

Thanks for all your updates I am keeping my eye out for any updates.

I live in Glasgow. The west end has a high rate of sexual assaults, due to it being such a student-y area.

I hope Karen is found safe.

The more I hear the worse this sounds. Still hope she'll turn up safe somehow

This doesn't sound good at all :( whether it was an accident or foul play, either way I dont think this will have a happy ending based on the new updates.

This Herald article mentions another attack on a woman after leaving Sanctuary night club last year

'Police launched an investigation last year after a woman who had left the Sanctuary nightclub was raped by a man who offered her a lift.

The 26-year-old woman was attacked on her way home from a night out with friends, and got into a car, possibly a taxi, after striking up a conversation with the man and him and another man. When she got out in Firpark Street, Dennistoun, one of the men attacked her.'

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/...-online-12-hours-after-she-vanished.123127140

Rebecca Gray @RGrayHT

#FindKaren: Police keen to trace grey/silver car seen in country roads near Milngavie.

Heart Scotland News ‏@HeartScotNews 56m56 minutes ago
#HeartNews Police want to trace grey car seen on roads between Milngavie and Drymen from 11am-3pm yesterday

This article claims that Police want to speak to a second man seen on CCTV footage talking to Karen outside of Sanctuary

'POLICE want to question a second man about the disappearance of Irish student Karen Buckley from a Glasgow nightclub in the early hours of Sunday morning, according to new reports.

Irish website breakingnews.ie claims that a second man was filmed on CCTV talking to Karen outside The Sanctuary, on Dumbarton Road.

Police Scotland could not confirm if they were looking to question a second man.'

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/missing-karen-buckley-second-man-5515420

Update – Missing Woman – Karen Buckley, Glasgow
Speaking at a press conference today, Detective Superintendent Jim Kerr, the officer leading the enquiry in to the disappearance of Karen Buckley, a 24 year old occupational therapy student from Cork, Ireland, said:
Although this is very much a missing person enquiry – we are gravely concerned for Karen’s safety. She has now been missing for more than 48 hours and she has not been seen or heard from since she left the Sanctuary Club in Partick, around 0100 hours on Sunday morning, Sunday 12 April 2015.
“Yesterday we appealed for a man she was seen with on CCTV walking along Dumbarton Road after she left the club; we have traced him and he is assisting us with our enquiries. I must stress that at this time he is not a suspect; from what we can see she does not appear under duress - there is no sign of struggle or reluctance on her part to leave the club, however, again that does not mean that nothing untoward has happened to her.[modsnip]

Information can also be passed in confidence to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Please do not rely on social media to provide information – call us instead.
Extra patrols will be in the West End and Kelvinside area, so please approach them if you have any information or concerns.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/irel...ravely-concerned-for-karen-s-safety-1.2175557

Rebecca Gray @RGrayHT

#FindKaren: Police keen to trace grey/silver car seen in country roads near Milngavie.

Heart Scotland News ‏@HeartScotNews 56m56 minutes ago
#HeartNews Police want to trace grey car seen on roads between Milngavie and Drymen from 11am-3pm yesterday

Thanks! I couldn't make out what they had said about the car during the presser. I've added the 2 and the route to the map now.

Missing Student Left Man's House In Early Hours

Karen Buckley's handbag is found as police reveal she was last seen in Dorchester Avenue after spending the night with a man.

A missing student who vanished in Glasgow two days ago had left the home of a man she spent the night with, according to the detective in charge of the investigation.

Karen Buckley, 24, was seen on CCTV early on Sunday morning leaving the Sanctuary nightclub in the city's West End with the man who she later went home with.

Detective Superintendent Jim Kerr said officers had spoken to the man and found out she left his home in Dorchester Avenue at around 4am and, despite being a regular social media user, she has not been heard from since.

Do we know for sure that she definitely left this mans house & apparently hasn't been seen or heard of since? Her handbag was found dumped in a park near to this guys flat.

Apparently it was typical for her not to use taxis so she could have also attempted to walk home according to the parents.

Is it normal for people to leave a one night stand's house at 4am?
I thought most people stay until the morning?

I suppose it depends on the person I guess. Some people just like getting home after a heavy night out and getting in to their own bed instead of having to get up early to get home the next day when they're hungover :laugh: nothing worse! or perhaps he wanted her to leave after he got what he wanted? (Don't mean it to sound harsh in any way shape or form) x

I thought the same thing, most people would wait until daybreak at least..(IMO) What time does it become light in Glasgow at the moment ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foothillbilly