GUILTY UK - Karen Buckley, 24, Glasgow, Scotland, 12 April 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people don't feel the cold when they've been drinking and she's Irish so used to crappy weather. I'm the opposite and get more sensitive to the cold when I'm drunk. I really hope this young lady is found safe and well but it's really not looking great at the moment.

This is what worries me when girls have too much to drink & go home with a man they've just met (assuming she had just met him of course!) not knowing what they're like or what their intentions are. It happens i know but its still scary. They could be capable of anything. Sadly people don't think of these dangers after a few too much to drink! :(

Some people aren't too bothered about the cold or feel it if they've had a lot to drink. I still have a weird feeling she didn't leave that flat though. Or if she did, whatever happened wasn't an accident. Her bag was dumped in a park & she was no where to be found.

I think you're right Natalie.......... I doubt she left the flat

Looking at the map, why would she walk through Dawsholm Park (where her bag was found) if she was headed home?

Why would anyone walk through a park on their own at 4am? Even if you were a bit drunk, you'd surely stick to roads/well lit paths. I don't even like walking through parks in daylight on my own

James Cook ‏@BBCJamesCook · 2 mins2 minutes ago
Dozens more police are arriving at Dawsholm Park this evening to search for Karen Buckley. #findkaren

“The activity of this grey car on the Monday is something that we’re a wee bit concerned about. This car has been seen at various locations on these roads and I want to know why."
http://www.irishtimes.com/news/irel...handbag-in-search-for-missing-woman-1.2175174
Do we know the colour the car she went back to the man's house was? If he's not a suspect, then the police must have other intel to suspect this vehicle had something to do with it.

This is what worries me when girls have too much to drink & go home with a man they've just met not knowing what they're like or what their intentions are. It happens i know but its still scary. They could be capable of anything. Sadly people don't think of these dangers after a few too much to drink! :(

Do we know she just met him?

“The activity of this grey car on the Monday is something that we’re a wee bit concerned about. This car has been seen at various locations on these roads and I want to know why."
http://www.irishtimes.com/news/irel...handbag-in-search-for-missing-woman-1.2175174
Do we know the colour the car she went back to the man's house was? If he's not a suspect, then the police must have other intel to suspect this vehicle had something to do with it.

I was under the impression it was also a grey car. will look for article where i read it.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...uckleys-disappearance-continues-31140136.html

Oh this is so terrible. I assumed she fell in the river but it seems far more sinister.

This appears to be the building
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@55.8...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1st6oURT-qVmUKvW3NEenVGQ!2e0

Scenario one: She never left the flat. Something bad happened in that flat. If so hopefully the Police will be able to get a lot of evidence at the scene. The police are looking for a grey car seen around Milngavie and there is a grey car parked very near this address....

Scenario two: She left at 4am and walked towards Maryhill, possibly not intentionally as it is a bit of a maze around there. It is rather hilly too so easy to get lost. It is residential/industrial in that area and I would really not like to walk around there at 4am on my own. I think it is unlikely she got into an accident of her own accord - if she had surely her bag would be with her. Someone picked her up or bumped into her and something nasty happened.

I think it's likely she knew him - i.e. she said to her friends she was going to the toilet, but instead went outside and was shown on CCTV talking to him before she left. So doesn't look like a random hook-up IMO. She also got into his car - suggesting a degree of trust that you probably wouldn't afford a total stranger (esp given that her friends say she wasn't drunk). Given he was the last person (we know of) to see her alive doesn't look good for him, but he could be totally innocent

We don't no. I'm just assuming she didn't. A lot of girls get talking to guys on a night out for the first time & end up going home with them. I could be completely wrong obviously. Some girls will talk to anybody when they've had a drink. She could well have known him though or just seen him out & about before & recognised him so went to talk to him.

Either way whether she knew him or not, I still don't think she left that flat because of her bag being dumped in a park. If it was an accident or she fell in to a river, the bag would likely have been her. All just my opinion of course. Poor girl.

I think it's likely she knew him - i.e. she said to her friends she was going to the toilet, but instead went outside and was shown on CCTV talking to him before she left. So doesn't look like a random hook-up IMO. She also got into his car - suggesting a degree of trust that you probably wouldn't afford a total stranger (esp given that her friends say she wasn't drunk). Given he was the last person (we know of) to see her alive doesn't look good for him, but he could be totally innocent

She was also wary of getting in taxis on her own which suggests she wouldn't get in a car with a stranger.

There was something on her facebook about her wearing her pulling dress. I don't care if she knew this man or had just met him. Even if she went home with a new man every single night it doesn't make her any less of a person that people are deeply concerned for. If someone has done something to her it is their fault 100%, not hers.

"Despite reports to the contrary, Ms Buckley has not been active on social media since her disappearance."

"I must stress that at this time he is not a suspect. From what we can see she does not appear under duress, there are no signs of a struggle or reluctance on her part to leave the club.
"However again that does not mean that nothing untoward has happened to her at a later stage."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-32300986

BBM mine. I think this is quite telling.

BTW When I clicked on the link posted by MissyLDT - which potentially says that his car is also grey - all the main text is greyed out (pun unintentional). Anyone else get this or is it just my dodgy browser?!

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-31140136.html

"Despite reports to the contrary, Ms Buckley has not been active on social media since her disappearance."

"I must stress that at this time he is not a suspect. From what we can see she does not appear under duress, there are no signs of a struggle or reluctance on her part to leave the club.
"However again that does not mean that nothing untoward has happened to her at a later stage."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-32300986

BBM mine. I think this is quite telling.

BTW When I clicked on the link posted by MissyLDT - which potentially says that his car is also grey - all the main text is greyed out (pun unintentional). Anyone else get this or is it just my dodgy browser?!http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-31140136.html

I get it greyed out aswell

There was something on her facebook about her wearing her pulling dress. I don't care if she knew this man or had just met him. Even if she went home with a new man every single night it doesn't make her any less of a person that people are deeply concerned for. If someone has done something to her it is their fault 100%, not hers.

I wasn't blaming her at all one bit for whatever has happened :( I was just saying how much of a shame it is when people put their trust in to other people & not actually realise what they're capable of. It 100% isn't her fault at all. No one deserves this.

The Glasgow Smiles Better facebook page are stating a body has been found in the River Clyde at Maryhill. Nothing official yet.
I have to agree, it is not looking good, I cant help but think there's something sinister here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop