GUILTY UK - Karen Buckley, 24, Glasgow, Scotland, 12 April 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must be the only one who is thinking suicide.

She was also wary of getting in taxis on her own which suggests she wouldn't get in a car with a stranger.

They said she typically doesn't get them. A friend of mine would rather walk if the distance isn't too far than pay for a taxi as she'd rather save the money. Some people are just different I guess. But on the other hand it could mean wary as to getting in a car with someone she doesn't know. If she didn't know the guy but fancied him a bit and drink was involved, she could have been tempted to go for a ride. We just don't know at this point if he was known to her.

Why would Police want to trace a car if it was suicide? How did her body allegedly end up in the canal (assuming this one source is true) and her bag was found in the park?

The Glasgow Smiles Better facebook page are stating a body has been found in the River Clyde at Maryhill. Nothing official yet.
I have to agree, it is not looking good, I cant help but think there's something sinister here.

I am raging at that page, how dare they put an RIP status up, bloody disgusting behaviour.

There was something on her facebook about her wearing her pulling dress. I don't care if she knew this man or had just met him. Even if she went home with a new man every single night it doesn't make her any less of a person that people are deeply concerned for. If someone has done something to her it is their fault 100%, not hers.

Totally agree. Whilst certain situations are statistically more dangerous for women, why should they be held responsible if someone takes advantage of this situation?

I'm thinking foul play at this point from what I've read so far. She seemed a happy young girl with lots of friends and a loving family. Also due to do a masters degree at University. What makes you think suicide? Just intrigued. X

That is extremely unlikely. Why would she leave a nightclub and then make her way very far into a residential part of Glasgow (which it's unlikely she would have known as she hasn't lived here that long) to commit suicide?

They said she typically doesn't get them. A friend of mine would rather walk if the distance isn't too far than pay for a taxi as she'd rather save the money. Some people are just different I guess. But on the other hand it could mean wary as to getting in a car with someone she doesn't know. If she didn't know the guy but fancied him a bit and drink was involved, she could have been tempted to go for a ride. We just don't know at this point if he was known to her.

The video I watched or article I read definitely stated it was because she was wary of getting in cabs alone.

Ah I just read she typically didn't get them on one article from the parents. Didn't see the word wary. I didn't know if they meant she usually asked for lifts or she'd rather walk if the distance isn't too far too save a bit of money. I know a lot of students that do this. Apologies if I came off as rude or anything, I didnt mean to be. I was just saying what I read & giving my opinion on it :)

I don't think if was suicide though as someone above suggested. The police are taking it a lot more seriously. X

I get it greyed out aswell

Have no idea why it is greyed out. i've opened on my phone and computer and main text is fine. Both use Safari though. I can screenshot it if anyone has difficulty reading.

Is it possible that they have asked to withdraw previous information about her leaving in a grey/silver car?

I'll be really surprised if this is suicide. Doesn't really appear that way to me.

The grey/silver car was only mentioned today by the Police so doubt the Irish papers are being made withdraw information. I think the Police must know exactly who saw her last and are making this person very aware they know his movements to make him crack.

Chances are something bad happened to her in the flat, the guy was dumping evidence in Milngavie which is very hilly and rural in parts.

The grey/silver car was only mentioned today by the Police so doubt the Irish papers are being made withdraw information. I think the Police must know exactly who saw her last and are making this person very aware they know his movements to make him crack.

Chances are something bad happened to her in the flat, the guy was dumping evidence in Milngavie which is very hilly and rural in parts.

From the Daily Mail:

It is believed that after she was seen speaking to the man, she travelled to his flat in the Kelvindale area, in his car.
She was last seen when she left the flat at around 4am and was planning to walk home to her flat in Hill Street in the Garnethill area.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...toilet-desperate-come-home.html#ixzz3XJWN3nSe
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Last seen - by who? The man whose flat she spent the night in? cctv footage? or someone else? I wonder why this bit of information hasn't been made public, as it would go some way to relieving suspicion on the man if she was seen independently leaving his flat. And if she was seen, then was anyone else seen leaving the flat soon afterwards?

Catriona Renton @BBCCatrionaR
Police dog at incident van #FindKaren

It's still fairly light out in Scotland, hoping they find Karen tonight.

I wouldn't think it was an area with a lot of cctv, it is residential. If she was seen on cctv in Kelvindale area the Police would have mentioned it. Had she walked to the park she may have been picked up on cctv near the train station and flats near it. To me "last seen" is the time this man says she left. They have been searching the flat she was in all day. They haven't said he this man is in custody but he is "helping police with enquiries".

Probably CCTV footage, there's alot of CCTV cameras in that area.

Yes just found that now.

A missing student who vanished from a nightclub after telling friends she was going to the toilet was last seen on CCTV leaving a man's flat to walk home.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...toilet-desperate-come-home.html#ixzz3XJXzcufn
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

So, if that is true, surely the same cctv will show if any occupants of the flat left shortly afterwards too.

I wonder if she "escaped" rather than left, or left after something had gone wrong, or been said in anger ...... and the situation escalated from there. The whole scenario just seems odd - why would you tell your friends you are going to the toilet, then just leave without letting anyone know. Did it really happen like that?

This is so awful, the photos of the police searches, areas cordoned off and so on are making me feel physically sick. Its so soon after the horrific murder in Australia, to hear of another young lady go missing in suspicious circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop