GUILTY UK - Karen Buckley, 24, Glasgow, Scotland, 12 April 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't seem strange to me but maybe that's because I've done it myself many a time, I get so angry with myself for the risk I used to put myself at when I read stories like this.

In Glasgow that makes sense but what about when she lived in Ireland? Everything is pretty spread out in Ireland unless you're in a city and it's a long walk to most places, not only that but when it's dark in Ireland it's pitch black. If she's used to walking down pitch dark country lanes in Cork maybe she felt pretty safe walking around a city at 4am. Makes sense to me.

I don't know. I live in rural Ireland, and think nothing of walking down dark country lanes but I wouldn't do it in Glasgow. If anything I'd be more security conscious in a city than people who grew up there because I'd be conscious that I'm in a different type of place to where I'm used to.

I understand of someone being wary of taxi's alone, but not if you call a real taxi company, I know the Glasgow taxi I have used text you when on way and when car will be there. Some even give registration and make of car.

There's something not sitting right with me about her leaving this house, to walk an hour home, alone at 4am. Maybe she did leave in a hurry?! I don't know. I'd like some clarification soon if she was seen leaving this house, or if this is just what is being said.

I don't know. I live in rural Ireland, and think nothing of walking down dark country lanes but I wouldn't do it in Glasgow. If anything I'd be more security conscious in a city than people who grew up there because I'd be conscious that I'm in a different type of place to where I'm used to.
I spent a month in rural Ireland and the country lanes really freaked me out :eek:

I think this may be moot anyway as right now I don't believe she left that flat :-(

That is a very good suggestion........ I cant quite imagine why anyone would leave a flat at 4am, wearing a sleeveless top. Yes, I know some folk dont feel the cold as much, but when she left the club, she got into a car and then into a flat - so not outside very much.

Rather different to then leave a flat at 4am when it is cold and dark to make a one hour walk.
Far more sensible, if she had indeed been * ok * with the man in the flat, would be to stay until a few hours later, and walk home in daylight.

Unless she didn't want anyone to know she'd been with him. She left the club without her jacket, on the pretence (potentially) of going to the toilet. Maybe her friends didn't approve of the guy, or it was complicated. Or they didn't know about him. She lived with the girls she went to the club with, so maybe she wanted to get home before any questions were asked. JIMO

I spent a month in rural Ireland and the country lanes really freaked me out :eek:

I think this may be moot anyway as right now I don't believe she left that flat :-(

Lol, I guess its what you're used to - the only thing I'm ever afraid of on country lanes is meeting a stray dog, whereas I would never walk around a city alone in the small hours.

You could be right that she never left the flat, but looking at the link MissyLDT posted, there could be a serial rapist in the area.

I understand of someone being wary of taxi's alone, but not if you call a real taxi company, I know the Glasgow taxi I have used text you when on way and when car will be there. Some even give registration and make of car.

There's something not sitting right with me about her leaving this house, to walk an hour home, alone at 4am. Maybe she did leave in a hurry?! I don't know. I'd like some clarification soon if she was seen leaving this house, or if this is just what is being said.

Agreed. If she decided to leave of her own accord and everything was cool between them, why didn't she/he call a (registered) cab? Rather than set out on her own for a 1-hour walk home....

She was wearing high heels. It is far to walk in flats let alone heels!

Shona Murray ‏@ShonaMurrayNT 2m2 minutes ago Glasgow, Scotland
Heavy police presence cordoning off Dawsholm Park/industrial park in relation to #KarenBuckley #ntfm

CClOkgeWYAIFavV.jpg

https://twitter.com/ShonaMurrayNT

Agreed. If she decided to leave of her own accord and everything was cool between them, why didn't she/he call a (registered) cab? Rather than set out on her own for a 1-hour walk home....

Also, if she always let her friends know where she was, why didn't she drop one of them a text to say what she was doing?

Or, if the man drove her to his flat from the nightclub, then why didn't he drive her home as well?

Another reason I can think of for leaving at 4.00am, is that once the alcohol had worn off, she might have realised that this wasn't a man she would normally end up in bed with, so left as was embarrassed at where she'd ended up - or she wanted to leave before he woke up as she had no intention of seeing him again?

That is supposing she did leave .... and she got away from the area whilst he slept.

Can anyone from the area advise if this dawsholm park is near water ? Terrible that a FB page is saying a body has been found in a river with no news outlets saying this! Everyone is replying and tagging the police to have it removed, so disrespectful for the poor family & her friends!

I live in Edinburgh and wouldn't think twice of walking home from town, and that's an hours walk, your inhibitions are totally different with a drink or 10 in u and your only trail of thought is getting home, u feel untouchable! Going by what her family have said she has travelled the world, I believe she didn't get taxis because she grudged paying the extortionate prices we are charged here for them, as do I, hence why I have walked in the past! I will be thinking twice from now on...

I hope she is found safe & well!

Appears it runs on the river kelvin...should have looked up google maps before asking on above post!

This doesn't look good, although I believe she did leave tht flat and my instinct is saying the man from the club and who's flat she was at has nothing to do with her disappearance, but this JMO!

"@ShonaMurrayNT: Apartment cordoned off at Dorchester Avenue, #Glasgow #KarenBuckley pic.twitter.com/uhcnmJFjaQ"

Jane Hamilton ‏@janehamilton22 3m3 minutes ago
Extensive search will continue overnight at Dawsholm Park in connection with missing student #KarenBuckley @Daily_Record for updates

https://twitter.com/janehamilton22

I don't know whether continuing to search overnight is a good or bad sign.

I don't know whether continuing to search overnight is a good or bad sign.
It's good! If there is even the smallest chance that she is just injured somewhere searching as much ground as soon as possible could find her.

The cordoned off flat makes me think the police think something more sinister has happened though.

Of course it might not be the lad she went back with, could be one of his neighbours who encountered her on the stairs when she was leaving? The fact that he was traced rather than came forward is pretty suspect though.

Oh dear. It sounds like they've found something :(

Ok I've just thought of a new theory. She never was in the flat. She got in the car with this guy for some reason - I think she knew him - and they got to Dawsholm Park driving up via maryhill rd and something happened there or in the car. The police have been searching the flat for evidence. There will be evidence somewhere on the A809 as well.
The police don't want to name this man as a suspect until they can prove a crime has been committed, softly softly catch a monkey tactics lead to good convictions.

Someone on a scottish forum I read which is usually a good source has said the man in person is involved with drugs and is known to police. Obviously this could be a nonsense rumour like the body in the canal nonsense earlier but if true it could explain why she got in a car and possibly the man flipping out whilst off his head on coke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop