GUILTY UK - Karen Buckley, 24, Glasgow, Scotland, 12 April 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New Daily Record article The police have started searching again now its light according to the BBC News Scotland

"The mother of the man at the centre of the inquiry into Karen Buckley’s disappearance insists her son is innocent.

Alexander Pacteau, 21, told police he left a nightclub with the nurse and had sex with her.

Forensics teams spent several hours yesterday going through his flat.

But Pacteau’s mother Noreen, 43, said: “As you can tell by the police reports, he is not a suspect.

“She left his property at four o’clock in the morning and she was seen by other witnesses, not Alexander.

“So he is not a suspect.”

A huge police search for Karen focused last night on Dawsholm Park, less than half a mile from Pacteau’s home in Kelvindale, Glasgow.

Earlier yesterday, Karen’s handbag was found dumped there.

Karen’s parents flew in from their home in County Cork within hours of learning of her disappearance.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/karen-buckley-missing-mum-man-5521566

This attack took place near to Maryhill train station, which is extremely close to where the handbag was found. Could this be attack be linked?

Anyone else remember seeing a comment on the find Karen page a few days ago mentioning a tall black male harassing women on byres rd the night karen went missing? I kind of discounted it at the time but it would match the description of the suspect in the maryhill attack.

Nevertheless, I sadly believe karen never left that flat on Sunday morning.

Details of Karen’s last known movements emerged yesterday after her handbag, containing her
mobile phone,
was found dumped at Dawsholm.
[...]
Pacteau’s neighbours in Dorchester Avenue said detectives had been asking questions about a silver car parked outside the flat. It was later towed away.

IT student Louis Kolodziej said: “The police first turned up around 6pm on Monday.

“They taped off a silver car and asked me if I knew anything about it and whether I had seen anything strange in the early hours of Sunday.

“The police then came back a few hours later and were asking more about the car.

“Forensics guys in white suits then turned up and started looking at the vehicle and it was towed away at around 4am on Tuesday.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/karen-buckley-missing-mum-man-5521566

I hope it didn't come across like I was judging her. I, for one, have made more than a few decisions whilst intoxicated that haven't been the most sensible in (sober) hindsight. I was just generalising that alcohol makes you look at things differently. For example, she may have felt uncomfortable at this persons house so rather than stick around decided to walk home not realising the danger of doing so.

I'm just speculating anyway about different theories. The theory I'm swaying towards just now though is that she didn't actually leave the flat. The dumping of the bag so close to where she was last seen seems like a panicked move.

Please don't think that it what I thought! You weren't judging her at all.

New Daily Record article The police have started searching again now its light according to the BBC News Scotland

"The mother of the man at the centre of the inquiry into Karen Buckley’s disappearance insists her son is innocent.

Alexander Pacteau, 21, told police he left a nightclub with the nurse and had sex with her.

Forensics teams spent several hours yesterday going through his flat.

But Pacteau’s mother Noreen, 43, said: “As you can tell by the police reports, he is not a suspect.

“She left his property at four o’clock in the morning and she was seen by other witnesses, not Alexander.

“So he is not a suspect.”

A huge police search for Karen focused last night on Dawsholm Park, less than half a mile from Pacteau’s home in Kelvindale, Glasgow.

Earlier yesterday, Karen’s handbag was found dumped there.

Karen’s parents flew in from their home in County Cork within hours of learning of her disappearance.

Really? Have the police confirmed this, because I haven't read that anywhere else.

Really? Have the police confirmed this, because I haven't read that anywhere else.

Just what I was wondering - have not seen this reported elsewhere - only seen comments that there is plenty of CCTV in the area of the flat

If it is a residential area, then it would be surprising ( to me ) to find other witnesses ( plural ) who all saw Karen at 4am - would be lucky to find one person I would think

According to the man – who is now helping the police with their enquiries – Karen spent some time with him in his flat.

Karen is thought to have left his residence after 4am and walked home, said Detective Superintendent Jim Kerr.

"We believe she got into a vehicle near church street and went to another location, leaving there after 4am."

"She spent some time with the man from the CCTV footage."

The investigation is now focused on this grey/silver car which was seen in the area at the time.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...uckleys-disappearance-continues-31140136.html

Two of Karen's brothers were in Australia when she went missing. Terrible for them. One is on his way back from Sydney now.

i had not realised, last night, that Karen's bag and phone were found in a bin in the park.. that sounds worse - as in deliberate concealment - rather than if her bag had just been found lying somewhere in the park ( although that is not good either )

i had not realised, last night, that Karen's bag and phone were found in a bin in the park.. that sounds worse - as in deliberate concealment - rather than if her bag had just been found lying somewhere in the park ( although that is not good either )

Yes it does if Karen had been mugged they would have taken her phone to sell. I wonder if her purse was in the bag as well. Maybe DNA might be present on the bag.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/karen-buckley-missing-live-updates-5521618

The 24-year-old was seen on CCTV talking to a man outside the nightclub and police said he is now "helping them with inquiries".

Detective Superintendent Jim Kerr, from Police Scotland's major investigations teams, stressed at a press conference yesterday that the man was "not a suspect".

The man has been named by our sister title the Daily Record as 21-year-old Alexander Pacteau.

He told police he took Karen back to his flat in Dorchester Avenue and they had sex before she left at 4am.

He said she was fine when she left and he believed she had arranged transport home.

BBM I had not read that before

I'm confused. Did Karen get into a car AFTER she left the man's flat or not? The previous article I posted seems to suggest that's what police think, but this DM article doesn't say that.

*http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oilet-desperate-come-home.html#ixzz3XMPtTdS4*

I was confused with that as well Zwiebel - but am thinking the article may have just worded it badly ? and the car they are referring to is the car she travelled in from Sanctuary to the flat.
Although we do then have AP saying he believed she had arranged transport home ?

I was confused with that as well Zwiebel - but am thinking the article may have just worded it badly ? and the car they are referring to is the car she travelled in from Sanctuary to the flat.
Although we do then have AP saying he believed she had arranged transport home ?

I'm starting to wonder if police are deliberately being a bit vague?

I wonder if Alexander Pacteau is the same Alexander Pacteau as the money counterfeiter in Glasgow?

http://m.stv.tv/news/west-central/2...to-alexander-pacteau-printing-fake-banknotes/

It says in this article that Alexander Pacteau the counterfeiter has a flat in Drumchapel so its a different area.

"Alexander Pacteau was snared by police who were given information that he may be involved in a scam.

They searched his flat in the Drumchapel area of Glasgow where they found "equipment consistent" with making fake money."

http://news.stv.tv/west-central/275...to-alexander-pacteau-printing-fake-banknotes/

It says in this article that Alexander Pacteau the counterfeiter has a flat in Drumchapel so its a different area.

"Alexander Pacteau was snared by police who were given information that he may be involved in a scam.

They searched his flat in the Drumchapel area of Glasgow where they found "equipment consistent" with making fake money."

http://news.stv.tv/west-central/275...to-alexander-pacteau-printing-fake-banknotes/

That was last year though. He could have moved. That man was 20 last year, making him 21 now maybe? Same age as man with Karen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop