GUILTY UK - Karen Buckley, 24, Glasgow, Scotland, 12 April 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is possible the guy had no idea his date was missing...even if he had heard that a woman was missing, or seen a photo. Photos can be so decieving, women can look a hundred different ways. And hardly anyone bothers to watch the news, it seems. Also, leaving at 4am does not shock me...I did a few late-night escapes when I was young and embarrassed...

This attack took place near to Maryhill train station, which is extremely close to where the handbag was found. Could this be attack be linked?
Very unlikely they are linked IMO. I am curious to know where exactly in the park the bag was found, it is a large park with open ground and lots of trees/hills and a river walk.

I've just been "driving" from Milngavie to Drymen on google maps, if the police are searching this area for evidence there is a LOT of ground to cover. If a member of the public saw the car in a layby that would narrow down where the police should look.

It is possible the guy had no idea his date was missing...even if he had heard that a woman was missing, or seen a photo. Photos can be so decieving, women can look a hundred different ways. And hardly anyone bothers to watch the news, it seems. Also, leaving at 4am does not shock me...I did a few late-night escapes when I was young and embarrassed...

And if she has felt uncomfortable for whatever reason then maybe getting out of there was more important than waiting for a taxi. Alcohol has that unfortunate way of making bad ideas seem like good ideas!

And if she has felt uncomfortable for whatever reason then maybe getting out of there was more important than waiting for a taxi. Alcohol has that unfortunate way of making bad ideas seem like good ideas!

What would be the chances of making a drunken decision to go off with a man you met at a nightclub ...... but then coming to harm after you had safely left his place at 4.00am?

I feel so sorry for this lady, she just wanted a bit of fun on a night out and sadly it appears to have gone tragically wrong.

I do hope people (I don't mean here, I mean in the media) don't judge her for her actions that night. She has the right to do what she wants and go where she wants without someone harming her, no matter what decisions she made that night.

Scenario two: She left at 4am and walked towards Maryhill, possibly not intentionally as it is a bit of a maze around there. It is rather hilly too so easy to get lost. It is residential/industrial in that area and I would really not like to walk around there at 4am on my own. I think it is unlikely she got into an accident of her own accord - if she had surely her bag would be with her. Someone picked her up or bumped into her and something nasty happened.
I agree Ironside, Maryhill is not a place I'd want to be walking about at 4am. I'm from Glasgow and live on the south side now but used to live over near Maryhill years ago. I did hear tonight a large amount of police were at Dawsholm Park again tonight. I really dread to think what might have happened to her if she was in that park at 4am.

What would be the chances of making a drunken decision to go off with a man you met at a nightclub ...... but then coming to harm after you had safely left his place at 4.00am?

I feel so sorry for this lady, she just wanted a bit of fun on a night out and sadly it appears to have gone tragically wrong.

I do hope people (I don't mean here, I mean in the media) don't judge her for her actions that night. She has the right to do what she wants and go where she wants without someone harming her, no matter what decisions she made that night.

I hope it didn't come across like I was judging her. I, for one, have made more than a few decisions whilst intoxicated that haven't been the most sensible in (sober) hindsight. I was just generalising that alcohol makes you look at things differently. For example, she may have felt uncomfortable at this persons house so rather than stick around decided to walk home not realising the danger of doing so.

I'm just speculating anyway about different theories. The theory I'm swaying towards just now though is that she didn't actually leave the flat. The dumping of the bag so close to where she was last seen seems like a panicked move.

I understand your concern about that the media and the public have been very sympathetic to Karen and her family so far hopefully that will continue indefinitely.

Thanks for all your posts and updates they are much appreciated as always. I'm keeping any eye on the news and twitter for any developments.

It is not a great idea to go off with someone new no matter if you are male or female, especially if no one else knows who or where you are going. We keep seeing young people going missing after separating from those they came with while out partying. Really with the easy,instant ability to communicate, it makes no sense to me. I hope she is okay, somehow...but it sounds so unlikely. Jmo

I might be wrong but I thought fruity meant by the overnight searching?

Yes. They usually stop searching overnight unless they believe they are close to finding something important. That, combined with the heavy police presence, condoning off a park and apartment - it just seems like they've had a breakthrough. MOO.

Yes. They usually stop searching overnight unless they believe they are close to finding something important. That, combined with the heavy police presence, condoning off a park and apartment - it just seems like they've had a breakthrough. MOO.

And the setting up of an incident unit at the park. Is that normal procedure?

I am really impressed how quickly the police have mobilised on this whole situation. However, it doesn't fill me with positivity for Karen.

Just catching up on this now- omg. I am from Cork- it is more of a town than a city. Saw her poor parents on the news- I will tell you now that any young girl from Cork will be in touch with family 24-7. It is what we do. You'd get in fierce trouble if you weren't in touch often. There is no way IMO she has gone off on a jaunt. Also you can pretty much walk across Cork and we all do at all hours of the morning without it being the safest place in the world late at night. But I can see how she would very easily just decide to walk it no matter what time of the day or night as locally we all do.

Do we know if they are searching through the night? Is it about four in the morning there now? Wonder if any media is out there.

Just catching up on this now- omg. I am from Cork- it is more of a town than a city. Saw her poor parents on the news- I will tell you now that any young girl from Cork will be in touch with family 24-7. It is what we do. You'd get in fierce trouble if you weren't in touch often. There is no way IMO she has gone off on a jaunt. Also you can pretty much walk across Cork and we all do at all hours of the morning without it being the safest place in the world late at night. But I can see how she would very easily just decide to walk it no matter what time of the day or night as locally we all do.

But at 24, she is an adult, not a teen or young girl. Surely she has her own life now. Jmo

Do we know if they are searching through the night? Is it about four in the morning there now? Wonder if any media is out there.

They are searching the park (where the handbag was found) overnight, yes. *see tweet on previous page*

It is late here, just gone 3:30, I should probably go to bed...

Hoping for positive news in the morning!

It seems the search continued overnight. No news of anything being found though. I guess it'll be daybreak very soon in Glasgow and the search will ramp up again.

Mark Dunphy (@Mark_Dunphy) tweeted at 1:31am - 15 Apr 15:

Police continue to search into the night for Karen Buckley in Glasgow's Dawsholm Park bit.ly/1J15UWh pic.twitter.com/4XZW8SJQwQ (https://twitter.com/Mark_Dunphy/status/588122335632367618?s=17)

Attachments

• CCluIlXW4AAHLTZ.jpg
    CCluIlXW4AAHLTZ.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 178
It was so, so fortunate that a passerby looked in that bin (trash can) and found Karen's handbag. It looks as though it had been left out for collection and could easily have been lost forever.

Geraldine Lynagh (@GerLynaghTV3) tweeted at 5:24pm - 14 Apr 15:

Police guard a rubbish bin, where it's believed Karen Buckley's handbag was found today, near Dawsholm Park, Glasgow pic.twitter.com/SW8Jnmo7Nv (https://twitter.com/GerLynaghTV3/status/587999897175126016?s=17)

Attachments

• CCj-vPGWYAATw61.jpg
    CCj-vPGWYAATw61.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 179
It's just starting to get light here now thorough searching should be starting again imminently. I will keep my eye out for news throughout the day.

It was so, so fortunate that a passerby looked in that bin (trash can) and found Karen's handbag. It looks as though it had been left out for collection and could easily have been lost forever.

Geraldine Lynagh (@GerLynaghTV3) tweeted at 5:24pm - 14 Apr 15:

Police guard a rubbish bin, where it's believed Karen Buckley's handbag was found today, near Dawsholm Park, Glasgow pic.twitter.com/SW8Jnmo7Nv (https://twitter.com/GerLynaghTV3/status/587999897175126016?s=17)

Yes thank goodness it was found. I just hope any other evidence isn't lost. Just wondering if there are any large refuse bins for businesses nearby hopefully they are all getting searched any any collections stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LadyW528