GUILTY UK - Karen Buckley, 24, Glasgow, Scotland, 12 April 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From that clip I wouldn't say she was walking behind him at all. They look as if they are together, almost abreast and walking quite briskly. She seems to be trying to keep up with him as though he has a longer stride.

I agree, it just looks as though Karen is walking quickly to match APs stride.
And, it also looked, to me, as though there was a definite purpose to where ever they were going. Reminded me of when I am working, and someone would say, just come down here and look at this for a minute .......and I would be striding along, arms crossed, in a hurry to see whatever the problem was, and then get back to my work.
Would also explain, to me , the rather 'close together' appearance - again, as though Karen is simply wanting to get to the place where the problem is, not thinking of how near she is to the other person.
The one thing that tape does not say , to me, is any form of romantic closeness between them.

I'm able to view it on a PC.

It looks to me that police found something incriminating in AP's flat (blood?) and then got him to admit what happened. Because they seemed to focus pretty quickly on key areas - the park where her handbag was found, the road outside the city center where her remains were found, and the river where the knife was found. He probably drove around to get rid of her body and her things that night.

I had forgotten, or perhaps had not realised, that they did not search APs flat until the Wednesday ( mentioned in TV link )....and it was straight after this search that they changed his status from helping voluntarily with enquiries to detained.
I wonder was there also a link at the flat that directed them to the farm.

The more I've learned about Karen the less I think she was involved with drugs at all. She came from a small, close knit community in Ireland, she had travelled, but she was a trained nurse and was doing a post graduate degree to be an occupational therapist. She had close friends who were also from Ireland as her flat mates and social friends, they weren't huge drinkers it seems. I just don't see her being into drugs. Not with a career in nursing and a masters that she could lose if she was ever caught.

I understand your views, but I wouldn't rule it out. As you say, she had travelled, and as a nurse it wouldn't surprise me if she'd tried cannabis. Cannabis is thought by many to have a beneficial effect for cancer and MS sufferers, and medical research in this area is ongoing. Lots of people enjoy the occasional spliff.

Just seen this breaking news article it's awful news

"Tragic Karen Buckley was attacked with a spanner and strangled by the man accused of murdering her, prosecutors claim.

Alexander Pacteau, 21, is accused of then covering her body in "corrosive substances" and putting her in a barrel.

The allegations emerged as Pacteau appeared in the dock at a private court appearance yesterday for the first time to answer the charges.

Pacteau, from Glasgow’s west end, made no plea or declaration and was remanded in custody by sheriff Charles McFarlane QC.

He will appear again next week for a full committal hearing."

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breaki...rs-allege-pacteau-strangled-karen-672373.html

It has been suggested by some people online that Karen might have met him from his treatment for his car accident but I don't know if that is true. Maybe he knew her through a friend or online or they had seen each other around in clubs.I am sure all of us have questions about how this happened maybe we will never know why Karen left the club with him without telling her friends and without her jacket.

I don't think she knew him very well. She was only in Glasgow since February.

"Tragic Karen Buckley was attacked with a spanner and strangled by the man accused of murdering her, prosecutors claim.

Alexander Pacteau, 21, is accused of then covering her body in "corrosive substances" and putting her in a barrel.

The allegations emerged as Pacteau appeared in the dock at a private court appearance yesterday for the first time to answer the charges.

Pacteau, from Glasgow’s west end, made no plea or declaration and was remanded in custody by sheriff Charles McFarlane QC.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breaki...rs-allege-pacteau-strangled-karen-672373.html
Based on the information in the article you linked to it is hard to believe that this was an opportunistic crime.

Time for Glasgow Police to open up their recent unsolved disappearances file and see if they can link him to anything else.

Papers from the court claim that on April 12 at his Dorchester Avenue flat and elsewhere, he repeatedly hit her on the head with a spanner, or similar object.

The murder charge also reads that Pacteau "compressed her neck".

Pacteau faces a second charge that between April 12 and 13 at his west-end flat and at High Craigton Farm, Drymen, knowing he had killed Karen Buckley, he covered her body in "corrosive substances".

He planned it IMO. Probably had the spanner in his trouser pocket and hit her over the head to get her into his car. Raped, beat and killed her at his flat. Dumped her in a barrel covered in acid. MOO

Poor Karen :(

Papers from the court claim that on April 12 at his Dorchester Avenue flat and elsewhere, he repeatedly hit her on the head with a spanner, or similar object.

The murder charge also reads that Pacteau "compressed her neck".

Pacteau faces a second charge that between April 12 and 13 at his west-end flat and at High Craigton Farm, Drymen, knowing he had killed Karen Buckley, he covered her body in "corrosive substances".

He planned it IMO. Probably had the spanner in his trouser pocket and hit her over the head to get her into his car. Raped, beat and killed her at his flat. Dumped her in a barrel covered in acid. MOO

Poor Karen :(

I had not thought of that..... was thinking that spanner = car - and that therefore she was never at his flat. But, very sadly, that makes sense. Spanner in pocket, enables him to get her into the car....then from car to flat, if anyone saw them, they would think Karen was a bit drunk and AP was helping her into the house.
What a vile individual he is.

Thanks for this I have read comments online tonight claiming the people at the vigil and laying flowers are stupid idiots showing grotesque faux grief and it has made me very angry. As a human being I feel what has happened to Karen, a young lady who had a long bright future ahead of her, is a tragedy and very sad. I'm pleased people here in Glasgow and beyond have rallied round the family to show their support as they do with every tragedy.

It is a nice way for a city to show solidarity with the family and to represent the majority of good and caring people. The same thing happened in St Kilda after Jill Meagher's murder with a huge amount of people taking part in a march against violence.

I had not thought of that..... was thinking that spanner = car - and that therefore she was never at his flat. But, very sadly, that makes sense. Spanner in pocket, enables him to get her into the car....then from car to flat, if anyone saw them, they would think Karen was a bit drunk and AP was helping her into the house.
What a vile individual he is.

It ties in with the rumour yesterday, that shop CCTV caught something horrible happen.

JMO but it looks almost as if he has his hands in his pockets, maybe back pockets?

Awful, horrible case. Her poor family, and her friends, must be so devastated.

I understand your views, but I wouldn't rule it out. As you say, she had travelled, and as a nurse it wouldn't surprise me if she'd tried cannabis. Cannabis is thought by many to have a beneficial effect for cancer and MS sufferers, and medical research in this area is ongoing. Lots of people enjoy the occasional spliff.

I was thinking the same thing Cherwell, I have known nurses (very good ones at that) and several policemen who smoke pot. Cannot think of any other reason why she would have left the club with him, he may have said that he had some smoke in his car which was just up the road and she thought that she would be back at the club in 5 mins so she didn't bother telling her mates. I'm sure if she had intended going back to his place she would have let her mates know, at least by phone message..... (MOO)

This doesn't seem like a guy flipping in the heat of the moment, he possibly stalked Karen for a few weeks at the club building up her trust, then he somehow got her to his car where he possibly struck her with the spanner and knocked her out. This ties in with the rumour of CCTV on a premises not far from the club picking up something horrible. Then he brought her to his flat, this is appalling beyond belief makes me want to throw up. The creature that carried out such an outrage should never be allowed walk the streets again.

Based on the information in the article you linked to it is hard to believe that this was an opportunistic crime.

Time for Glasgow Police to open up their recent unsolved disappearances file and see if they can link him to anything else.

He's only young, so it could well be his first murder. I doubt it would have been his last though if he hadn't been caught, a probable serial killer at the start of his career IMO.

JMO but it looks almost as if he has his hands in his pockets, maybe back pockets?

Yes, he looked to me like he moved his left hand purposely behind his back and it stayed there until the video stopped. I wonder if they have footage of the actual attack and the video released stops just before?

Makes me so bloody angry that this just wiped this beautiful, caring girl out because of his sense of entitlement.

Papers from the court claim that on April 12 at his Dorchester Avenue flat and elsewhere, he repeatedly hit her on the head with a spanner, or similar object. This still sounds to me like she did go willingly to his flat. But I wonder where the elsewhere was. I still don't think it was pre-planned, had he wanted to murder a woman he would surely think about avoiding cctv evidence beforehand. Sadly there are plenty of prostitutes in the city centre of Glasgow which he could just pick up, do whatever he wanted and nobody would ever miss them. The corrosive substance could be something anyone has in their household like bleach. Very unlikely he could be in a nightclub with a spanner in his back pocket, the spanner must have been in his car or home. I find it unlikely that he could attack a woman at 1am on Church street with a spanner without anyone hearing or seeing anything and then just bundled her into his car. It is a fairly busy area even at 1am. I think it is far more likely she went back to his flat for something - again it doesn't matter what - and the murder happened there.

Just to explain about people moaning about the vigil for Karen this is all to do with politics. Scottish politics can get very petty. The woman who organised the vigil has some pretty strong political views - personally I don't like her - and I suppose some people could view it that she organised it for attention for herself thus was grief hijacking. She does have a history of attention seeking stunts. I don't view it like that myself but am just explaining the background. At the end of the day Karen's parents turned up to it and I doubt it really mattered to them who organised it.

Hi everyone and thanks to everyone for keeping Karen in their thoughts, i would know Karen through friends even though i'm from Dublin and her Cork, she spent some time in Dublin and would have mutual friends. Just a small bit of info i do know as fact from someone who was with her in Glasgow, the friends knew straight away something was amiss completely out of character and not a one night stand type of girl if you know what i mean, would never have left friends of her own accord without telling someone, not only was glass kept some content of what was in the glass was also retained. She was reported missing within an hour of not returning from toilet, drugs were a big no-no in her eyes never in a million years would she touch anything even cannibis. Her remains where found within a bonfire or what remained of the bonfire. Also as far as we all know AP was not known to her but can't be 100% certain.

Hopefully this guy gets whats coming because Karen was one of the good guys in life always willing to help anybody and everybody, she was a shining star that this world has been robbed of. RIP Karen Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salorenz