GUILTY UK - Karen Buckley, 24, Glasgow, Scotland, 12 April 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Such a brutal murder. Glad Karen's family have been saved the pain of a drawn-out trial. Pacteau will get life - it's mandatory in this case.

A man has admitted murdering the Irish student Karen Buckley, who disappeared after a night out in Glasgow in April.

Alexander Pacteau, 21, who repeatedly hit his victim on the head and body with a spanner, pleaded guilty when he appeared at the high court in the city on Tuesday.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-guilty-karen-buckley-murder?CMP=share_btn_tw

Attachments

• 1320.jpg
    1320.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 100
It was unfortunate live tweets were banned today. I don't know why.

It emerged in court that he attempted to strangle Karen before hitting her multiple times with a heavy spanner in his car. Minutes earlier, she was spotted talking to Pacteau just after leaving The Sanctuary nightclub....He entered a guilty plea at Glasgow High Court today. He now faces a mandatory life sentence.

http://www.thejournal.ie/karen-buckley-murder-alex-pacteau-2264375-Aug2015/?utm_source=twitter_self

Evil eyes! I actually can't look at that photo for more than a second or 2. Creepy! I'm glad he has pleaded guilty!

I've just heard this on the 1pm news. I feel sick.
I don't know anything about Scottish law. Does his guilty plea mean that he'll get a reduced sentence?

ETA, just seen Zwiebel's post that he'll get a mandatory life sentence. If that's the case I do hope that life means life in Scotland and not 15 years or something stupid as it does here in England!

Glad Karen's family will be spared a trial. There wasn't any doubt about he did to poor Karen. I just wish life meant life as he is a very dangerous individual and should never be released.

R.I.P Karen Buckley.

Just heard on the BBC he kept Karen's body in his apartment, with two people in the room next door (who didn't know) after he killed Karen in his car.

Unbelievable.

I wonder if he said anything to indicate this was a premeditated crime? It's just unfathomable to me. Maybe now someone who knew him will talk to media. I'd like to know if there were any warning signs.

The gruesome story will soon emerge in full

I don't believe in psychics, by the way. It was just fairly likely such a crime didn't just come out of nowhere, I suppose.

DIRT ingrained in Alexander Pacteau's tyres provided police with the vital link between the killer and his victim.

The patches of soil, which were seized from the wheels of his Ford car, proved decisive in securing Pacteau's admission of guilt.

Soil expert Professor Lorna Dawson, who was involved in the World’s End murders case, was enlisted by police and prosecutors to pinpoint the origins of the soil.

http://m.heraldscotland.com/news/13...r__How_soil_helped_cops_trap_twisted_Pacteau/

Attachments

• downloadfile-2.jpg
    downloadfile-2.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 98
I do hope life means life for him .......

and yes, thank goodness for a guilty plea and sparing her family a trial....though I daresay he only went for guilty bcos his lawyers told him he had no hope of acquittal - cant imagine he did it for her family sake

This journalist is tweeting extracts from an article, but STV seem to have deleted it. Maybe they fear contempt because sentence not passed yet? May be best to take a quick look at the tweets now, in case they go too.

Matthew Coyle (@Mattycoyle) tweeted at 2:06pm - 11 Aug 15:

Alexander Pacteau said during his 2013 attempted rape trial: "I’d rather be charged with murder than attempted rape." bit.ly/1L3IRPw (https://twitter.com/Mattycoyle/status/631074194395152384?s=17)

The article's not deleted. It's just the journalist tweeting a faulty link. Here it is:

http://news.stv.tv/west-central/132...er-alexander-pacteau-in-attempted-rape-trial/

It can now be reported Alexander Pacteau previously stood trial in 2013 accused of a sex attack, where he was found not guilty of the charge at the High Court in Paisley.

STV News has acquired the court transcript of the previous trial where Pacteau was described as a "daft young lad" who was involved in an incident that went “horribly wrong” by his counsel Sarah Livingstone.

During the course of the hearing, the former Kelvinside Academy pupil told the jury he was a homosexual who felt “overwhelmed” after being caught by officers near the scene of the alleged attack.

Sweet heaven. If he hadn't got away with that, Karen might not have died. I just can't see why the woman who said she was attacked by him wasn't believed - especially as residents heard her terrified screams. She must have been devastated when she saw his name come up in relation to Karen's case.

The rape rumour was all over FB. I heard about it just after he was arrested but couldn't say anything here obviously. Seems this man was a very dangerous individual.

Ah yes it was inevitable that the rape stuff would come out eventually, I remember seeing a lot of rumours regarding it on social media.

The rape rumour was all over FB. I heard about it just after he was arrested but couldn't say anything here obviously. Seems this man was a very dangerous individual.

I thought I might be missing a lot going on with Facebook. I'm not a member so I was a bit in the dark.

I'm just reading through all the articles up at STV now. He kept his receipts for the drain cleaner and caustic soda, and even went into a store and asked how to get blood out of a mattress. Mind numbing.

Pacteau was first identified by a tip from the club manager, and then another tip led police to the farm. Thank heavens for members of the public who came forward to help.

Evil eyes! I actually can't look at that photo for more than a second or 2. Creepy! I'm glad he has pleaded guilty!

Weirdly, I was reading a thread about eyes last night, but can't remember what the condition is called when you can see the whites below the pupil.... Japanese word beginning with S. Answers on a postcard please.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop
Back