GUILTY UK - Katie Rough, 7, killed by teen, Woodthorpe, York, 10 Jan 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
When I was 15, I had a 7 yr old step-sister...and at times I disliked her, I will admit...:blush:

But she was not my half-sister. My father married a woman with a young daughter. I was still jealous of her at times, when I saw them going on family vacations and stuff, because after our parents divorced, my Dad was very busy with his work as a lawyer. We spent weekends with him quite often, but he was usually distracted, busy.

His new wife settled him down a bit, and I do think I was jealous of my lil step sister for getting a lot of his attention ...

If he had fathered her, I think I would have been WAY MORE jealous of her....

It's definitely possible. The news have reported her as being treated by a mental health team. They also stated her being quite difficult distraught at the scene. So it seems she may have had some mental health issues or they're verifying her competence.
I may be wrong but I believe it's standard procedure for MH team to be involved initially in crimes of this mature when minors are involved

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

So the 15 year old called police herself? I'm confused about this. If she had planned to do this, why call the cops? Maybe something else is going on here.

It is said she was upset and a family took her in---maybe they suggested she call the police?

We'll probably never know. Seems to be that with a lot of the minors cases we don't really get to find out the ins and outs of the crime and the reasoning.

Can't wait for the day if/when relationship is confirmed as I have soo many observations that I can't post now

yes if she pleads guilty and it doesn't go to trial (very likely) we won't know the full details.
As someone mentioned previously, this does remind me of Becky Watts' case and I remember in the beginning, no one had any idea who did it or how or why. Even when cases do go to trial, the perpetrator might not ever give a reason

We'll probably never know. Seems to be that with a lot of the minors cases we don't really get to find out the ins and outs of the crime and the reasoning.

Can't wait for the day if/when relationship is confirmed as I have soo many observations that I can't post now

I know i definitely have some theories about the 15 year old. Especially from what I've seen from what the families have said so far. Maybe they will mention more details during the hearing Friday? But it does appear the 15 year old may have lived with her mother, at least from what I've seen from the news. AND the fact Katie's mother reported her missing, why would she do that when (1) trusts who Katie was with (2) knew who she was with. It doesn't make sense why she wouldnt know unless it was uncommon for the 15 year old to be there.

I talked to a journalist friend about this some time back. I was appalled when I saw comments from social media quoted in articles in MSM. This was back when it first started happening. I expected her to be appalled too, but she said if the journalist is open and clear about the source of the quote, it's up to the reader to decide if it's viable, reliable, etc. She said the writers do need to get through the editor, so there is some other person besides the reporter thinking the source is valuable.

I wanted her to come down on social media as a source, and she didn't. I trust her journalistic integrity. Since our conversation, social media is more and more used as sources....and it's used more and more by adults in their professional as well as personal roles.

Just thought I'd toss that into the conversation. jmo

So sorry to hear about this tragic case. My heart certainly goes out to the family. What a painful day this is for them.
I made a comment on the Facebook page of a local tourist spot which brings in thousand of visitors a year, I complained about the toilet facilities - next week it was front flipping page of the local paper AND worded as though I'd spoken to and agreed to the story! Any comment on an open Facebook group, or on liked page or any public comment can and will be used, as will any public photos and your 'about' section.

In answer to an earlier comment about 'police looking at parents car at scene'
I can't recall which MSM Now but it said police were taping over the number plate. I presume this is because photos are being taken by press and it will be traceable?

<modsnip>

Well, I've found another article with yet another address for Katie - Walker Drive which is the next street on from Morrell Court (where the police are asking for witnesses) and not tennent street.

I'm confused?!

Although if they do live walker street it would make it a bit more incredible that the 15yr old didn't know where she was..

http://swns.com/news/15-year-old-girl-arrested-following-the-death-of-a-seven-year-old-child-80382/

Eta link
in the Telegraph article, I think it said 'police are searching ANOTHER residence on tennant street', which indicates it's not Katie's house, there's two houses involved, second being 15 y/o's

Well, I've found another article with yet another address for Katie - Walker Drive which is the next street on from Morrell Court (where the police are asking for witnesses) and not tennent street.

I'm confused?!

Although if they do live walker street it would make it a bit more incredible that the 15yr old didn't know where she was..

http://swns.com/news/15-year-old-girl-arrested-following-the-death-of-a-seven-year-old-child-80382/

Eta link

Maybe one address is for Katie and the other is for the 15 year old? Maybe she is preparing her defence, that she was in a fit of rage and disconnected. DIDnt know where she was but hmm she knew what she had done. It's definitely odd. The 7 year olds parents where together so it couldn't be moms/ dads house.

in the Telegraph article, I think it said 'police are searching ANOTHER residence on tennant street', which indicates it's not Katie's house, there's two houses involved, second being 15 y/o's
I get you.. doh. Long day at work - I need to hit the sack

We may never really know... but a 'fit of rage' someone might shove or hit someone so that the victim falls and hits their head and dies.
A knife was used (not just once, but twice, or 'two cuts/stabs -- from earlier posts) and a knife is something I'd think one would need to bring with them --like somewhat more premeditated ?

Think about the "Whys" in this heinous crime. :(
:moo:

We may never really know... but a 'fit of rage' someone might shove or hit someone so that the victim falls and hits their head and dies.
A knife was used (not just once, but twice, or 'two cuts/stabs -- from earlier posts) and a knife is something I'd think one would need to bring with them --like somewhat more premeditated ?

Think about the "Whys" in this heinous crime. :(
:moo:
I have definitely had similar questions about the knife. Some have stated it's a knife typically used by those who self harm. Maybe that was an issue for her and carried it with her. But it is questionable.

I couldnt read it, just terrible, Heartbreaking.

Saddens my heart.

Sending prayers of love and comfort to Katie's family as well as the officials who tried to save Katie's life.

I just hope that this murder was sparked by an argument or jealousy or something, NOT something premeditated or a thrill kill. An attack fueled by out-of-hand emotions can be understood more easily by the ones grieving, and understanding helps with healing. Not so a thrill kill.

The 15 y/o does not seem to have made any attempts to deny or hide what she had just done, nor tried to flee, in fact she seems to have sought help. The confusion about where she was could mean she was in shock over what she had just done. This all would point more to a non-planned attack imo. I hope I'm right.

If the teen lives with her mother, how did she get the little girl to this area? Did she go to her dad's house and lure the girl away? Did she take her from the school? Were any of the teen's friends involved. I have so many questions.

If the teen lives with her mother, how did she get the little girl to this area? Did she go to her dad's house and lure the girl away? Did she take her from the school? Were any of the teen's friends involved. I have so many questions.

With the searches of two homes so close together (sounds like a block apart) it sounds as though both families live close to each other. Just speculation, but seems likely and reasonable. It would certainly make it easy for the children to be together and not unusual for that to occur.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We could use a map. Would that break the rules on this one?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back