GUILTY UK - Katie Rough, 7, killed by teen, Woodthorpe, York, 10 Jan 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So potentially 15yr old picked Katie up from school at 3 -3.15pm. May or may not have returned home briefly to drop off bags/get changed etc. Went back out

But why would mom only report Katie missing or is only half the story being reported due to the reporting restrictions. ...

Thinking...thinking...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Imagine being the homeowners who took the 15 year old in only to find out what she's supposedly done!!

Killer wasn't detained under the mental health act !

I dont expect them to be able to sign this off as diminished responsibility

like Spalding this is premeditated and planned , psychosis played no part in this

Maybe anger/rage? Anything but premeditated pleeeeeeease

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So potentially 15yr old picked Katie up from school at 3 -3.15pm. May or may not have returned home briefly to drop off bags/get changed etc. Went back out

But why would mom only report Katie missing or is only half the story being reported due to the reporting restrictions. ...

Thinking...thinking...

I think we're only hearing half the story because of reporting restrictions.

Maybe anger/rage? Anything but premeditated pleeeeeeease

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmm I'm not so sure about pre meditation - I'm getting the impression that they were walking around a fair bit with no clear end location in place. When what happened happened I don't think the girl really knew where she was. If it was pre meditated then I would have thought a location would have been planned.

Saying that...that alleyway isn't the easiest place to find if you didn't know it was there so maybe 15 year old isn't as disorientated as has been reported

I doubt it was something that was planned for that day---but I do think it may have been something she thought about, considered or even fantasized about previously. JMO

Thinking...thinking...

I think that seems pretty solid. What I was thinking was Katie had been picked up from school by the 15 year old. When she didn't come home at the expected time her mother panicked and called the school who said she had already left/ been picked up. Then called the police to report her missing. Maybe shortly after the 15 year old killed her called the police and then wondered off because it was dark and there wasn't much lighting. The neighbours found her and took her in. Somewhere in this time the dog walkers spotted Katie and called the police. KAties mom was notified and she rushed to the scene.

Hi all! Joining late here and still catching up. But wanted to express my sadness and condolences to Katie and her parents. What a sad and terrible situation <modsnip>.

RIP Katie!

Back to reading ...

Twilight sounds about right. I went outside yesterday at 4:30 purposely to check. I live about a mile away from Alness Drive
I'm wondering if how dark it was had any bearing at all? After all she phoned the police herself and made herself known to lical residents so I'm thinking did it really matter if it was done at 3.30pm or 4.30pm. I'd be interested in knowing whether there's normally people around the area.

For instance my road is heaving at school drop off/pick up times as the local school entrance is on my street but outside of these times I can go to my local shop 3 streets away and back without seeing another soul

So the 15 year old called police herself? I'm confused about this. If she had planned to do this, why call the cops? Maybe something else is going on here.

Thinking...thinking...

SABBM

It would be interesting to know who was the last person to see Katie outside of family....
And who exactly picked up Katie from school --I'm assuming she didn't walk home ?

As far as only Katie being reported as missing...sometimes older kids have more freedom and come and go as the please ; except maybe overnight ?

I'm interested in any witnesses who would be able to place Katie with her killer.

Not feeling much compassion for Katie's murderer ,regardless of mental imbalance. That might change-- but I'm thinking the killer knew right from wrong.
Katie was only SEVEN , with her entire life ahead of her !

Also am getting "Alyssa Bustamante "(sp?) vibes from this crime. Which, if accurate-- would be more scary than a case of possible misplaced jealousy or Katie needing to be 'silenced'.
:moo:

Maybe this girl didn't get on very well with Katie's mother and this was a way of revenge

It's definitely possible. The news have reported her as being treated by a mental health team. They also stated her being quite difficult distraught at the scene. So it seems she may have had some mental health issues or they're verifying her competence.

Or even revenge upon her father?
We'll probably never know. Seems to be that with a lot of the minors cases we don't really get to find out the ins and outs of the crime and the reasoning.

Can't wait for the day if/when relationship is confirmed as I have soo many observations that I can't post now

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487