GUILTY UK - Katie Rough, 7, killed by teen, Woodthorpe, York, 10 Jan 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was under the impression that the teen's house and some kind of shed was being searched. I might have misunderstood that though.

If the murderer lived with her, there could be important evidence. Especially Internet searches, journals, etc. - things that suggest premeditation.

I was under the impression that the 15 y/o did not live with Katie because of the second house being searched. I thought that's where the 15 y/o lived?

I was under the impression that the 15 y/o did not live with Katie because of the second house being searched. I thought that's where the 15 y/o lived?

She probably spent time in both houses. Lots of kids with divorced families live in 2 places, kind of. Especially when the houses are so close together.

I would assume, from typical arrangements, that the 15 year old lived with one parent, but also spends time and possibly even has a room at the home of the other parent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I was 15, I had a 7 yr old step-sister...and at times I disliked her, I will admit...:blush:

But she was not my half-sister. My father married a woman with a young daughter. I was still jealous of her at times, when I saw them going on family vacations and stuff, because after our parents divorced, my Dad was very busy with his work as a lawyer. We spent weekends with him quite often, but he was usually distracted, busy.

His new wife settled him down a bit, and I do think I was jealous of my lil step sister for getting a lot of his attention ...

If he had fathered her, I think I would have been WAY MORE jealous of her....

I have a six year old and 15 year old. They have different dads. They have never argued or been jealous. I think because they live together that the half sibling thing never really comes up, they consider themselves full brothers. Maybe it would be different if they lived apart as their lifestyles would be different.
Maybe Katie having dad full time was an issue?
Moo.

I have a six year old and 15 year old. They have different dads. They have never argued or been jealous. I think because they live together that the half sibling thing never really comes up, they consider themselves full brothers. Maybe it would be different if they lived apart as their lifestyles would be different.
Maybe Katie having dad full time was an issue?
Moo.

YES. Your situation is different. My brothers and I lived with my Mom. And we visited our Dad, in his home, where our little step sister lived. So she had OUR Dad there with her every day. He was more of a 'father' to her than he was to us, in many ways.

We went to see him every other weekend. She saw him every day and night. So it did make us kind of jealous.

She probably spent time in both houses. Lots of kids with divorced families live in 2 places, kind of. Especially when the houses are so close together.

I would assume, from typical arrangements, that the 15 year old lived with one parent, but also spends time and possibly even has a room at the home of the other parent.

Gotcha! Thanks!

I'm wondering....who was due to pick Katie up from school? Obviously not her mother because she'd have been at the school waiting and as a 7yo is too young to travel home alone someone must have been there to pick her up. I don't think it can officially have been the 15yo as at this time during the school year she wouldn't be finishing school until at least 3.25pm, unless her school had an INSET day (teacher training day when school is closed for benefit of US Readers) tagged onto the end of the Christmas holidays as my teenager's did, and it was agreed she'd collect Katie. But if not and the 15yo was truanting, who else was or should have been at Katie's school to collect her?

I'm wondering....who was due to pick Katie up from school? Obviously not her mother because she'd have been at the school waiting and as a 7yo is too young to travel home alone someone must have been there to pick her up. I don't think it can officially have been the 15yo as at this time during the school year she wouldn't be finishing school until at least 3.25pm, unless her school had an INSET day (teacher training day when school is closed for benefit of US Readers) tagged onto the end of the Christmas holidays as my teenager's did, and it was agreed she'd collect Katie. But if not and the 15yo was truanting, who else was or should have been at Katie's school to collect her?
No I think it seems reasonable. We live 500m from our school, in the opposite side of a big duck pond park. Once I went to the school to pick up my 2nd eldest, and instead of being at his classroom at 2:55, I got stuck at the gates chatting, and by the time I got to the classroom 2 minutes after the bell, he had left (he was 5 or 6 - first year of school). Found him in the park playing 45 minutes later. Never been so scared in my life!!
So imagine you're Katie's mum. You're at the school at 3:10 waiting. It gets to 3:20 kids have stopped coming out, no Katie still. Maybe walk around to the office and see if she's there. Walk back to the classroom. Call husband/sister/mum see if they picked her up. Start getting worried, it's well after 3:30 now. I would at that point be driving the route to home, maybe checking alleys and playgrounds.

What time were the phone calls from the mum to police, and the accused to the mum?

Interesting family dynamic.

Seems to be same family...

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/7976082.We_didn_t_kill_him/?ref=arc

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I don't believe this is the same family ... according to other MSM, Katie's parents are Paul and Alison:

http://www.news.com.au/world/europe...n/news-story/bd10dcbdb46c243893573eb1dbe99de8

(see caption under pic: "Katie Rough was bridesmaid at the wedding of her parents Paul and Alison Rough two weeks before she was killed. Picture: FacebookSource:Supplied")

Could it be that Katie was walking home by herself/with a little friend? Mum panicked when she didn't turn up home?
Katie was going to be 8 next week, it's not uncommon here for junior school age children to walk home on their own.
Maybe the 15 year old intercepted this walk home?

Doing some reading and found this article with an odd statement "Members of the public and officers searched and Katie was found in a field. She was unresponsive and had significant lacerations to her neck and chest under her clothing, the prosecutor said."

The lacerations being underneath her clothes seems like they are suggesting her clothes where unmarked as if she wasn't wearing them. It just seems odd phrasing. Could she have done this and dressed her after? Seems like a bit of a stretch.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/distressed-girl-15-accused-murdering-9607597.amp?client=safari

Could it be that Katie was walking home by herself/with a little friend? Mum panicked when she didn't turn up home?
Katie was going to be 8 next week, it's not uncommon here for junior school age children to walk home on their own.
Maybe the 15 year old intercepted this walk home?

Its plausible, I've thought something similar. How far is the walk from her school? I think someone mentioned a bus stop near the place she was murdered. I think the 15 year old might have picked her up or the mother got her took her home where she was taken by the 15 year old. However this won't explain why they are asking for witnesses between 3-5pm.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back