GUILTY UK - Katie Rough, 7, killed by teen, Woodthorpe, York, 10 Jan 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi Mikayoyo and cheers for nice comments! We're having to keep quiet about the killer's name as she is a minor and might never be publicly named. Though there is a recent UK case where the teen perps HAVE eventually been named so it might all come out at some point. Reading between the lines, you know who did it, right?

Oh yes, absolutely, I know who did it and I do see the similarities with poor little Kiaya. So sad for all.

So I just spent a couple of hours reading this thread from Kiaya's thread and first, wow, I'm in awe of our friends across the pond. Y'all are so logical and it makes me wish I lived there. I love that y'all aren't knee jerk reactionary.

BUT, I dislike that y'all are so private and there's been no news on this sweet girl and her justice.

I came over from Kiaya's thread too. First across the pond thread for me. I also dislike the no news aspect but glad to see that justice seems to be a bit more swift!

Welcome both of you, the UK Index is below, would love you to subscribe and help out with some cases as some don't get much traffic compared to US ones.

came from Kiayas thread too (reading from australia) both so sad

Trial was set for 'July' and here we are on the 1st, a weekend so obviously it won't be now but, does anyone have any clue as to when?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It's Monday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same day as Cody Anne Jackson's trial for the murder of her 2 year old daughter Macey Hogan.

Has anyone here followed Macey's case too?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm here, this case is so sad. More sad but less scary given the entirely unconfirmed and subsequently deleted possibilities about the identity of the teenager. She has pleaded not guilty, right?

How can it be manslaughter if she had a blade on her. I can't understand. Surely that's premeditated?

How can it be manslaughter if she had a blade on her. I can't understand. Surely that's premeditated?

Of course it is. This should be a murder charge.

Katie Rough death: Girl pleads guilty to manslaughter

A 16-year-old girl has pleaded guilty to killing seven-year-old Katie Rough.
The girl, who cannot be named for legal reasons, pleaded guilty to manslaughter by diminished responsibility.

LIVE
York girl Katie Rough's killer due to be sentenced at Leeds Crown Court today

12:33pm
The defence is now starting its case.

12:30pm
The girls had been seen together by a dog walker shortly before Katie's death, said Mr Reeds.

Katie was unharmed and showed no signs of distress, the dog walker told police.

12:24pm
The defendent was the first to call police, said Mr Reeds, prosecuting.

12:17pm
All the barristers and judge in court are not wearing wigs or gowns because of the defendent's age.

12:14pm
Katie was smothered to death, the court heard.

12:13pm
Graham Reeds QC, prosecuting, has said, the judge has the choice between the child eqivalent of a life sentence or an extrended sentence.

12:12pm
They are there listening to the evidence.

12:12pm
Members of Katie's family are in court.

12:11pm
The court is hearing details of the last hours and minutes of Katie's life. The defendent is listening by video link with her head bowed.

Smothered and stabbed? Dear lord

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jul/03/katie-rough-death-teenager-pleads-guilty-to-manslaughter

Her solicitor told the court: “I can confirm she has indicated not guilty to murder but guilty to manslaughter.”

Graham Reeds QC, prosecuting, said: “We are going to accept that plea of manslaughter by diminished responsibility.”

Like the other posts above, I don't understand how she can plead manslaughter as she was carrying a blade. Although if Katie actually died from smothering then I guess they can argue that was not premeditated?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back