GUILTY UK - Kayleigh Haywood, 15, Ibstock, Leicestershire, 13 Nov 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So so many people 'go missing' ... there's a Caroline Everest (who happens to work at a B&M) missing from Sheffield and it's said to be completely out of character - but 2 other young women 'went missing' from the exact same place in the last week, they'd been clubbing, got stuck in snow and phones died (youngsters these days don't know how to use a phone other than their own mobile it would seem) - lots of people not showing much concern as they mistakenly think she is one of 2 girls already found. it makes me SO mad that SO many of these 'missing people' are either young girls who are found at some friends or boys house getting wasted (a couple of recent cases, looking at the parents facebook profiles, I can understand why!) or older girls who meet a guy or friends in a club and don't turn up home. SO many wasted resources and the general public become desensitised from seeing the Missing Posters.

So so many people 'go missing' ... there's a Caroline Everest (who happens to work at a B&M) missing from Sheffield and it's said to be completely out of character - but 2 other young women 'went missing' from the exact same place in the last week, they'd been clubbing, got stuck in snow and phones died (youngsters these days don't know how to use a phone other than their own mobile it would seem) - lots of people not showing much concern as they mistakenly think she is one of 2 girls already found. it makes me SO mad that SO many of these 'missing people' are either young girls who are found at some friends or boys house getting wasted (a couple of recent cases, looking at the parents facebook profiles, I can understand why!) or older girls who meet a guy or friends in a club and don't turn up home. SO many wasted resources and the general public become desensitised from seeing the Missing Posters.

Do you have a link for that? Why not start a thread for her.

Found this if you want to start it http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/update/2015-11-23/concern-for-missing-sheffield-teenager/

At one time I heard that Kayleigh was seen out over the weekend by members of the public. Does anyone know any more about this? If she was out with both LH and SB, or if it was just with LH?

I've been told of one sighting of all 3 together but this is just local word of mouth so MOO, I don't know whether it was on Saturday or Sunday. Other things I've also heard would suggest it was Saturday but I stress I don't have proof of this.

I don't think you are in the minority, I was thinking exactly the same myself, I think what LH did and then SB are completely unrelated crimes. I believe that Kayleigh went with LH and then somehow she came across or was followed by SB.I know it is wrong what LH is accused of but I went to quite a posh school in the 60s were 14 and 15 year old girls went with older men and it is nothing new , LH will rue the day this ever happened as his name will always be connected with the murder of Kayleigh. Like I said no way condoning it but she was 15 .

I hope that when law enforcement first told LH that Kayleigh is now dead that they got his reaction on camera. I think his reaction to them telling him that will be very telling.

agree entirely if this is the case I am starting to gain some sympathy for him , I doubt that other people will be so understanding though

agree entirely if this is the case I am starting to gain some sympathy for him , I doubt that other people will be so understanding though

I might find some sympathy for him if some facts come out that warrant it. Right at the moment I've only got that for Kayleigh, and her family, friends. She was a child that was taken advantage of, then cruelly murdered. I find both of those things disgusting.

I might find some sympathy for him if some facts come out that warrant it. Right at the moment I've only got that for Kayleigh, and her family, friends. She was a child that was taken advantage of, then cruelly murdered. I find both of those things disgusting.
Not wanting to open a whole can of worms but how do we know that "she was taken advantage of"? When I was her age (not so long ago) I knew exactly what I was doing with the opposite sex. I dated much older men and flirted with them in person and online. I wasn't taken advantage of .... just saying

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

idk I feel like there are already facts out to somewhat warrant it - he was not charged with anything to do with murder. Not an accessory, accomplice, nothing.

He was charged with Sexual Activity. How is it that the police only charged him with that but charged SB with rape? They must have much more info and proof then they have revealed. I am leaning towards them having video evidence on SB's cameras that he installed in his own home. I think LH probably did take her there to SB's house and planned to spend the weekend with her there and it was all captured on film on SB's security camera system he already had installed.

If the police for example found DNA of both LH and SB on her, why were they both not charged with rape? The only thing that makes sense to me is if they have solid evidence that with LH it was a mutual thing and with SB it was not. Obviously Kayleigh can not tell her side of the story anymore so they could only go by proof to know if it was mutual and consensual or not.

Also a few pages back, someone on here mentions that the police revealed a report that said there are messages from Kayleigh telling LH via facebook messages that she was 19.
Does anyone have a link to the actual news article where the police said this?

There was somebody on the tribute facebook page saying that they said at the court hearing that police had messages from her telling him she was 19. Don't know how true that is because they don't normally give out that kind of detail at this stage.

Is there any truth to that? Did the police really have messages from her saying she was 19 to him?

idk I feel like there are already facts out to somewhat warrant it - he was not charged with anything to do with murder. Not an accessory, accomplice, nothing.

He was charged with Sexual Activity. How is it that the police only charged him with that but charged SB with rape? They must have much more info and proof then they have revealed. I am leaning towards them having video evidence on SB's cameras that he installed in his own home. I think LH probably did take her there to SB's house and planned to spend the weekend with her there and it was all captured on film on SB's security camera system he already had installed.

I have been wondering if LH thought "well I best tell them what I know because she's missing now and this is getting serious!" or something along those lines and admitted to talking to her online (which is grooming due to her age) and that they did some other things, due to the charges. Doesn't matter if she consented or not because surely in the eyes of the law - she can't consent. I say this because I think that the touching would be hard to prove without admission. Also that if perhaps he saw no harm in what he'd done, he'd be more likely to admit it.

I do wonder if the CCTV covers LHs house as well as SB's. Perhaps thar is what incriminated SB but provided an alibi to LH. Just an idea.

Also a few pages back, someone on here mentions that the police revealed a report that said there are messages from Kayleigh telling LH via facebook messages that she was 19.
Does anyone have a link to the actual news article where the police said this?

Is there any truth to that? Did the police really have messages from her saying she was 19 to him?

The only thing reported in the press is a quote by his mother or father saying he'd told them she was 19.

The reference to messages on his phone proving she said she was 19 comes from a post on the Kayleigh facebook page from somebody who said she went to court when SB and LH went the other day and that it was said in court that there were messages on her phone telling LH she was 19. Personally I find it hard to believe it was said in court because they don't go into that much detail at this early stage, it's usually just their names and what theyre accused of. So nothing concrete, just the word of somebody who said they were in court that day.

At 15 - even if she was willing ... that is not ok in the eyes of the law. He is doing something illegal even if she agreed so in that case yes he should be punished for that particular crime - he broke the law.
But at 16 - she is legal to him there... is that correct?
That's why I mentioned before that maybe he really thought she was 16 (can't see him believing she was 19 she looks nowhere near. but 16 - yes she could pass as that)

I think LH still lives with his parents doesn't he? That's why I thought maybe his good pal SB agreed to let him use his house for the weekend to have a little place for LH and Kayleigh to get away together and be together in privacy. Little did LH know that as his weekend rendezvous was occurring, SB had other plans for her afterwards.

At 15 - even if she was willing ... that is not ok in the eyes of the law. He is doing something illegal even if she agreed so in that case yes he should be punished for that particular crime - he broke the law.
But at 16 - she is legal to him there... is that correct?
That's why I mentioned before that maybe he really thought she was 16 (can't see him believing she was 19 she looks nowhere near. but 16 - yes she could pass as that)

I think LH still lives with his parents doesn't he? That's why I thought maybe his good pal SB agreed to let him use his house for the weekend to have a little place for LH and Kayleigh to get away together and be together in privacy. Little did LH know that as his weekend rendezvous was occurring, SB had other plans for her afterwards.

Yes, 16 is the age of consent in England. You may well be right that he thought she was 16.
Regardless of the legal aspects, there is the world of difference between her being willing to be sexually intimate with him, and not being willing.

LH's address has been given as one of the adjacent houses to SB, so presumably he didn't need to rely on SB for somewhere to go.
It's my guess that they did spend some time with SB over the weekend, and that he offered to give her a lift home.

Not wanting to open a whole can of worms but how do we know that "she was taken advantage of"? When I was her age (not so long ago) I knew exactly what I was doing with the opposite sex. I dated much older men and flirted with them in person and online. I wasn't taken advantage of .... just saying

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

If it wasn't that long ago, you don't know what I'm talking about. Maybe you knew, but where I come from it's illegal for a reason. A inexperienced young woman can be tricked into much more than she's ready for by an older person. I've got no problem if the two people are close in age, that's a choice. If someone's been charged with rape, taken advantage of still applies. Or am I confused wait a second don't answer that, you bet I am. Maybe I'm old fashioned, or just old but a 15 year old with someone who's close to 30 isn't right.

Yes, 16 is the age of consent in England. You may well be right that he thought she was 16.
Regardless of the legal aspects, there is the world of difference between her being willing to be sexually intimate with him, and not being willing.

LH's address has been given as one of the adjacent houses to SB, so presumably he didn't need to rely on SB for somewhere to go.
It's my guess that they did spend some time with SB over the weekend, and that he offered to give her a lift home.

I've got a question about the age of consent there. would she be considered an adult at that age? Here in the "States" some states call the age of consent 15 or 16, but that applies only to a person within 4 years of age. So what's the law there?

I 'had' friends, their daughter was 18 but hospitalised as she was insulin dependant diabetic and bulimic AND self harming. The daughter confided in my daughter that she'd 'met someone special' - turns out he was a hospital staff member, a therapist who was 40 years old. I reported it to the hospital and long story short, he was sacked but friends daughter and he now live together and appear to be very happy together. The friends realised that it was me who'd reported him and we're no longer friends, he is now part of their family... ultimately, he was in a position of trust and he abused that trust = 100% wrong and I do cringe (a lot) at the age difference but the daughter has blossomed within the relationship and has overcome a lot of her issues ...

I've got a question about the age of consent there. would she be considered an adult at that age? Here in the "States" some states call the age of consent 15 or 16, but that applies only to a person within 4 years of age. So what's the law there?
Once someone gets to 16 thats it, age gap means nothing they are considered old enough to consent.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrina
Back