GUILTY UK - Kayleigh Haywood, 15, Ibstock, Leicestershire, 13 Nov 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ahh, I do hope the smaller Jury number doesnt hold up the verdict.

I think it has to be 10 - 1 doesnt it

Going home at 3:30? They could have reasonably deliberated for another hour.

I think they need one more person to agree on guilty for LH, so are going to sleep on it and see how they feel tomorrow. MOO.

I think they need one more person to agree on guilty for LH, so are going to sleep on it and see how they feel tomorrow. MOO.

Yes, good thought. For all we know, Judge may have asked them if they are near a verdict and based on their response, if she realises they are only needing one or two people to change their vote, then could make sense for her to let them go away for the day.

I do hope they are close though and not split down the middle.

Thanks for the link Tortoise. I searched earlier but couldnt find one for today.

I am now thinking that the lack of one juror is going to make this verdict difficult. I have the feeling it is more than 1 person who is going against the majority.

Thanks for the link Tortoise. I searched earlier but couldnt find one for today.

I am now thinking that the lack of one juror is going to make this verdict difficult. I have the feeling it is more than 1 person who is going against the majority.

I do too.

So with the inability to agree, it looks as if there are some definite views on this jury - sure enough to convict SB unanimously, without him testifying.

I wonder if they convicted on the basis of him attacking her and making her flee undressed, so possibly he held her clothes from her. They aren't sure however that Kayleigh was imprisoned while LH was present/awake.

LH found guilty by a 10 to 1 majority

Interesting snippet from the CPS statement, talking about SB - Wonder why LH didnt think to ask SB why he was taking it ?

He abandoned her body in nearby undergrowth, before returning to Harlow’s flat to collect his keys and Kayleigh’s belongings, which he abandoned in a skip along with his own bloodstained clothing.

http://blog.cps.gov.uk/2016/06/kayleigh-haywoods-killer-brought-to-justice.html

Interesting snippet from the CPS statement, talking about SB - Wonder why LH didnt think to ask SB why he was taking it ?

He abandoned her body in nearby undergrowth, before returning to Harlow’s flat to collect his keys and Kayleigh’s belongings, which he abandoned in a skip along with his own bloodstained clothing.

http://blog.cps.gov.uk/2016/06/kayleigh-haywoods-killer-brought-to-justice.html

I still think he knew exactly what sb had done, even if he wasn't part of her actual murder.

It also said on the lunchtime news that they had found images of underage girls on sb's laptop.

I still think he knew exactly what sb had done, even if he wasn't part of her actual murder.

It also said on the lunchtime news that they had found images of underage girls on sb's laptop.

Is 'underage' being under 16 years old?

I don't follow the trials usually - did with Becky and found that very difficult and distressing - so only read here for this one and really glad of the links everyone put up so a belated Thank You to all.

Glad it is over, glad justice has been done, and await the sentencing on Friday.

Hmm I don't know LH is deplorable for his online grooming, no doubt about it but for me there wasn't enough evidence to prove him guilty of the kidnapping Imo. I can certainly see him trying to appeal.

Just an observation but how much older does LH look in his mug shot?!? Years older than all of the other pics we've seen of him and also much different to his appearance in the police interview

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Is 'underage' being under 16 years old?

I don't follow the trials usually - did with Becky and found that very difficult and distressing - so only read here for this one and really glad of the links everyone put up so a belated Thank You to all.

Glad it is over, glad justice has been done, and await the sentencing on Friday.

Yes, I think that's right. Under 16, is under age.

I had not realised ( only looked it up earlier ) that false imprisonment carries a life sentence.

So SB has 3 potential life sentences against him.

While LH has
Grooming 10 years
Sexual activity 14 years ( and he had two counts )
False Imprisonment Life

So I reckon LH will get far more than I originally thought.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColeTyler
Back