GUILTY UK - Kayleigh Haywood, 15, Ibstock, Leicestershire, 13 Nov 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Please don't attack me but why do these very young girls put such photos on social media?
I see young (12 - 14) girls looking to me as if they are late teens - where has childhood gone?
I admit I'm old (relatively) but unable to understand this. We have to protect our 'children' because that is what they are.
Social media (Facebook/Twitter) for all its usefulness has so much to answer for IMO. :tantrum:
There has to be some change, some restrictions surely. ? What can we do ??

I dread my children growing up in the social media age.

Hopefully what happened to poor Kayleigh saves some other children from the same fate.

I dread my children growing up in the social media age.

Hopefully what happened to poor Kayleigh saves some other children from the same fate.

Me too. Mine are primary school age and I'm kinda hoping the internet breaks in a few years time.

Just catching up on this case - can't believe how little publicity there has been on it.

Those mugshots are truly horrible - poor Kayleigh spending her last hours with those evil hideous men. Here's hoping the sentences reflect the crimes.

Just seen this on BBC News website. Hopefully it will go some way to help with awareness of the dangers. RIP Kayleigh :rose:

Kayleigh Haywood murder:
Schools to be shown film about her

A film portraying the last two weeks of the life of murdered schoolgirl Kayleigh Haywood is set to be shown in schools.

Leicestershire Police, who made the five minute film, said it provided a "stark warning" about the dangers of online grooming.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-36672658

DM have also put up an article re the film which also includes the following info re the amount of texts - I thought it was only a few hundred

Kayleigh, of Measham, Leicestershire, began speaking to Luke Harlow on October 31 last year.

Prosecutors said she was the 'last in a line' of young girls he'd spoken to in a bid to get one of them to his flat.

Over the next 13 days they exchanged 2643 messages with Harlow, according to Leics Police, telling Kayleigh 'all the things many teenage girls want to hear. He told her she was beautiful, how much he cared for her and that she was special.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...en-dangers-online-grooming.html#ixzz4D4xhbpEz
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

DM have also put up an article re the film which also includes the following info re the amount of texts - I thought it was only a few hundred

Kayleigh, of Measham, Leicestershire, began speaking to Luke Harlow on October 31 last year.

Prosecutors said she was the 'last in a line' of young girls he'd spoken to in a bid to get one of them to his flat.

Over the next 13 days they exchanged 2643 messages with Harlow, according to Leics Police, telling Kayleigh 'all the things many teenage girls want to hear. He told her she was beautiful, how much he cared for her and that she was special.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...en-dangers-online-grooming.html#ixzz4D4xhbpEz

Oh I am shocked at that - poor child. That's over 200 texts a day ?? No doubt about the grooming, wonder how many others were fortunate to avoid his persistence.

Can I warn anyone clicking on that link that the trailer for the short film is quite upsetting, I know there's a warning on the DM page too.

I totally agree with trying to use this sad situation to warn others but I don't think I can agree with the parents wish for it to be seen by all over 11s. I would not want my 11 year old chuld to watch it, not appropriate at all imo and very likley to really scare and upset younger children.

I think many parents could learn from it as well

Hmm I don't know LH is deplorable for his online grooming, no doubt about it but for me there wasn't enough evidence to prove him guilty of the kidnapping Imo. I can certainly see him trying to appeal.

Just an observation but how much older does LH look in his mug shot?!? Years older than all of the other pics we've seen of him and also much different to his appearance in the police interview

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

The mugshot looks like a different person and definitely not a 27 year old, he's obviously aged a lot in the past 6 months. Dare I suggest that perhaps he's getiing what he deserves in prison

any predictions while we wait?

Beadman 25 years
Harlow 6-8 years

I also think SB will get 25 years

not sure about LH - originally I thought 5 - 7 years but now am inclined to think possibly 10 - 12 years - because of the guilty verdict on the false imprisonment

Unusual for prosecution to sum up at sentencing.

See that bandage on Beadman's wrist - where he bit himself. I'd like to hear what psychiatrists have to say about him. Well about both of them actually.

Oh interesting, Pros asking for whole of life to be considered for SB

I didn't realise sentencing took so long.
Seems Harlow hasn't been having an easy time in prison. Not sure why that was mentioned though

I hope that they both get lengthy sentencing. Looks like Beadman will be getting life. I expect Harlow 10-15 years because of the false imprisonment charge.

I am not suprised by how they are being treated by other prisoners. I always thought that people on charges related to children tended to have a rougher time (not sure if that's true, just something I'd heard in the past). Perhaps Harlow's defence mentioned it to try and get a lesser sentence??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back