GUILTY UK - Kayleigh Haywood, 15, Ibstock, Leicestershire, 13 Nov 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Quick Q - do we know who was arrested where?

All I know is one was in Coalville and one was in Ibstock. I have assumed SB was in Ibstock.

ETA and I realise my assumption could be totally wrong. LH may have returned to George Ave, and SB may have been hiding out with unsuspecting family.

Can you elaborate on these missing posts on the Saturday night? Did her family think she was missing then and know already she was not with her friend?

The thing I find strange is that if LH was living at one of the two houses in George Avenue, why he wasn't there when he was arrested. It may have been his plan all along to stay somewhere else on the Sunday night but it also may be that he found out she was missing and thought he may be implicated in her disappearance since he was in her company.

Of course we don't know yet what time they parted company, and what time Kayleigh was killed, so it makes speculation very difficult.

Sorry I apologise. I saw the initial missing posts on Sunday. Not Saturday. I will see if I can edit my post.

All I know is one was in Coalville and one was in Ibstock. I have assumed SB was in Ibstock.
Any particular reason to assume it was SB?

I wondered if he had been arrested elsewhere, such as at a relatives house?

I read late Sunday night..trying to find link

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

was it early or late on the Sunday?

The first post I can find is a post by someone in one of those selling sites. This is around 5pm on Sunday. The first time I shared anything was Monday morning which was an official Police post.

Any particular reason to assume it was SB?

I wondered if he had been arrested elsewhere, such as at a relatives house?

yes, I've edited my post above before seeing yours. could be the other way around.

The first post I can find is a post by someone in one of those selling sites. This is around 5pm on Sunday. The first time I shared anything was Monday morning which was an official Police post.

excuse my ignorance Rainbow, can you explain what a selling site is?

excuse my ignorance Rainbow, can you explain what a selling site is?

Sorry I was a little vague. They are groups on Facebook, usually aimed in the local area that you live in. There you can post things you are selling locally.

If someone is missing though, quote often a family member or friend will post in there. I imagine because there is a lot of activity in these groups and because they are local.

We know SB's house has the broken door lock. Perhaps he wasn't there, but if they arrested him elsewhere why didn't they have his house keys?

~I'm more convinced now that he was there and didn't open the door when they came to arrest him.

Hello everyone- first post here although been a browser since poor Becky- not sure of the rules re FB postings and I don't know how to do links so apologies if this is not allowed and please remove. I just read a posting on the official Kayleigh page from someone whose sister was with Kayleigh's mum when the police detailed exactly what she had gone through. Obv no info posted but the devastation in his post is so real - I dread to think what is going to come out. So so sad for Kayleigh and all her family.

Welcome to Websleuths. It's nice to have you here!

I am unsure how to link to this as it was from the Forestry Commission Facebook page (I use an app)

But Sense Valley has re-opened today.

They have posted explaining where the public can leave flowers if they choose.

Also in Ibstock today the annual Christmas parade is being replaced by a day remembering Kayleigh (unsure of exactly what that entails). Again I cannot link to the Facebook post. However they say ITV news will be there. The Coalville Christmas celebrations are going ahead, but some shops such as Birds have a collection for the family and there is a one minute silence at 1pm.

I must say, the whole community is mourning Kayleigh's death. It is however nice to see everyone pulling together and I hope it gives the family a little comfort at this sad time.

(Apologies if this is not really "sleuthing" related but I know that even if you are not local, you are all saddened by what has happened and I thought you'd like to know what is happening locally).

We know SB's house has the broken door lock. Perhaps he wasn't there, but if they arrested him elsewhere why didn't they have his house keys?

~I'm more convinced now that he was there and didn't open the door when they came to arrest him.
Could the police have obtained access by force to SB's house before he was found and arrested?

Could the police have obtained access by force to SB's house before he was found and arrested?

Yes, that makes more sense in fact. And his van wasn't there either.

It's slowly coming together, Monday they had him in custody but were still looking for his van, therefore he tried to hide it.

So, it now seems more likely that LH was arrested at no.7 George Ave, police couldn't get into no.5, forced entry, SB not there, tracked down to another address in Coalville.

It's slowly coming together, Monday they had him in custody but were still looking for his van, therefore he tried to hide it.

So, it now seems more likely that LH was arrested at no.7 George Ave, police couldn't get into no.5, forced entry, SB not there, tracked down to another address in Coalville.

If this is the case then perhaps that is why LH was not arrested for murder. Perhaps his alibi is that he was seen on SB's CCTV entering his property at a certain time?

Perhaps if they are neighbours the CCTV would possibly covet a little of LH'S house?

I am unsure how to link to this as it was from the Forestry Commission Facebook page (I use an app)

But Sense Valley has re-opened today.

They have posted explaining where the public can leave flowers if they choose.

Also in Ibstock today the annual Christmas parade is being replaced by a day remembering Kayleigh (unsure of exactly what that entails). Again I cannot link to the Facebook post. However they say ITV news will be there. The Coalville Christmas celebrations are going ahead, but some shops such as Birds have a collection for the family and there is a one minute silence at 1pm.

I must say, the whole community is mourning Kayleigh's death. It is however nice to see everyone pulling together and I hope it gives the family a little comfort at this sad time.

(Apologies if this is not really "sleuthing" related but I know that even if you are not local, you are all saddened by what has happened and I thought you'd like to know what is happening locally).

Morning, no apologies necessary, not everyone sleuths, I'm personally hopeless at it. Some of us prefer to just read and discuss. It is interesting to know what is happening locally too, thank you.

I agree, with the info that’s out there at the moment this seems the most logical scenario.

Can you elaborate on these missing posts on the Saturday night? Did her family think she was missing then and know already she was not with her friend?

The thing I find strange is that if LH was living at one of the two houses in George Avenue, why he wasn't there when he was arrested. It may have been his plan all along to stay somewhere else on the Sunday night but it also may be that he found out she was missing and thought he may be implicated in her disappearance since he was in her company.

Of course we don't know yet what time they parted company, and what time Kayleigh was killed, so it makes speculation very difficult.

BIB His parents said he was due to start a new job at B&M ( that store again, sorry ! ) on the Monday. The nearest B&M I could find in that area is in Coalville, where his parents live. Perhaps LH thought he would stay Sunday night with his parents as would be easier and quicker to get to work for his first day.
I know there is a bus from Ibstock to Coalville but would have meant getting up earlier etc ....

eta: I will leave this post up as a theory, but have just caught up with the other suggestion that it could have been LH arrested in Ibstock and SB arrested in the Coalville area ( perhaps at relatives ) which makes a lot of sense to me, particularly with the broken door lock at Number 5 .

So we come back to the theory of SB giving Kayleigh a lift home and, whatever happened, happened at that time. He then did the drive round with the clothing items and then went to relatives ? possibly

Just adding a :welcome: to Picklechops

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColeTyler
Back