GUILTY UK - Kayleigh Haywood, 15, Ibstock, Leicestershire, 13 Nov 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So Harlow's story is:

FRIDAY Drinking with Kayleigh, went to sleep together on a mattress fully clothed
SATURDAY At home watching films all day with K. SB round in evening, K v drunk, passed out on sofa. LH went to bed leaving SB and a sleeping Kayleigh
SUNDAY House empty apart from K's shoes and bag, went round to SB house, saw scratches on face. Later got text from sister saying police were looking for him.

I cant find the info in MSM right now, but I thought Kayleigh's shoes were never found ? so at some point, lh must have disposed of them, if he is saying that her shoes were in his house when he woke up on the Sunday morning...

Would he really not remember having his glasses broken ?

Having already described Beadman's badly scratched face, Harlow tells the officers he had woken up on Sunday, November 15, to find his glasses were broken and he had an injury to his eye.

He says in the interview: "I can't remember when they broke. They were broken on Sunday morning.

"A mate said 'looks like you've been punched in the face'."

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/K...tory-29394235-detail/story.html#ixzz4BSbDn0OP
Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

From the same article..........this line stood out for me, although it may just be the way it is worded ( it is after all the Daily Fail, not known for their journalistic expertise )

'But Beadman was not in the property at 10.30pm, he was at a late night garage buying a bottle of rum.

'What we do know is as she left the property she is chased by Beadman and pinned to the ground

That made me wonder if sb was in his own house at 3am, not lh's house...........and when he saw Kayleigh run out of lh's house, he decided to follow her ?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...aken-farmland-raped-killed.html#ixzz4BRjuLwWc
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Although somewhere else it's reported that he kissed her in the house.

Would he really not remember having his glasses broken ?

Having already described Beadman's badly scratched face, Harlow tells the officers he had woken up on Sunday, November 15, to find his glasses were broken and he had an injury to his eye.

He says in the interview: "I can't remember when they broke. They were broken on Sunday morning.

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/K...tory-29394235-detail/story.html#ixzz4BSbDn0OP

If he was that drunk then yeah he might not remember but it's sounding to me like either he and Kayleigh got into a physical fight or he and SB did.

Jury members are shown a diagram of the injuries found on Harlow's body after his arrest.

Prosecutor Miranda Moore describes "multiple superficial injuries on his face, back, arms, fingers and lower limbs."
Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/K...tory-29394235-detail/story.html#ixzz4BT0nFr62

TODAY'S UPDATES SO FAR- read from bottom up

14:46 Harlow claimed he injured his own fingers by biting them
The jury has heard that Harlow had a habit of biting the skin on his fingers.

During his examination by a pathologist, Harlow claimed the injuries were from "finger-biting. Not nailbiting, but fingerbiting," Mrs Moore tells the jury.

He also gave explanations for bruises on his body and other injuries.

14:37 Harlow had injures all over his body
Jury members are shown a diagram of the injuries found on Harlow's body after his arrest.

Prosecutor Miranda Moore describes "multiple superficial injuries on his face, back, arms, fingers and lower limbs."

14:28 Trial resumes
The jury returns to court after lunch.

The first witness of the afternoon will be a pathlogist who examined Harlow after he was arrested.

13:15
Trial breaks for lunch
The jury is told there will be a break now for lunch until 2.20pm.

13:05 Harlow raised doubts about Beadman's story in police interview
Harlow tells police that Beadman had told Harlow's parents that the scratches to his face were caused on Thursday. He had previously told Harlow he got the scratches at work on Sunday morning.

Harlow told police: "He definitely said he did it Thursday to my mum.

"What reason would he have to lie?"

12:53 Harlow claims he and Kayleigh were kissing and "messing about"
Going back to the Friday night - the first of Kayleigh's two nights in Ibstock - Harlow describes kissing Kayleigh to the police.

He said: "We kissed a bit. Just messed about. I only kissed her mouth twice.

"She was on her phone for ages. We were just sort of chatting. I was happy just lying on the mattress."

12:45 Harlow admits he woke up looking like he had been punched

12:43 Harlow tells police he was 'confused' by Kayleigh's disappearance
Harlow tells police he tried phoning Kayleigh and sending her a message on Facebook.

He said: "I was really confused. Even if she had left why would she have gone without her shoes and without her handbag.

"It wasn't long after that I got a message from my sister saying 'the police are looking for you'."

12:38 Harlow claims he asked Beadman where Kayleigh was
Harlow said his first thought was that Kayleigh had gone to Beadman's, leaving her shoes and handbag at his house.

But Beadman denied knowing where she was.

Harlow told police: "I asked him what time he'd left and if he'd seen her. He said 'no'.

"He'd got scratches all over his face."

12:30 Harlow claims he woke up to find Kayleigh and Beadman gone
Harlow tells police in the videoed interview that later on Saturday night he left Kayleigh sleeping on the settee and went to bed, expecting Beadman to let himself out.

He said he awoke early on Sunday morning to find he was alone in the house.

He went to Beadman's house but no one was home. He later got a phone call for Beadman claiming he had left his keys at Harlow's house and gone to his sister's home. When they met Beadman had scratches on his face.

12:21 Harlow claims Kayleigh fell asleep while he and Beadman drank
Harlow tells the officers: "She got on the settee and went to sleep. She was asleep a good couple of hours while me and Stephen were in the kitchen having a few more drinks, just having a chat.

"I put a plastic bowl down in case she was sick. She said her head was spinning."

12:04 Kayleigh "necked vodka" on Saturday night - Harlow
In his police interview Harlow is heard saying that after spending Saturday watching films on television with Kayleigh they started drinking again in the evening.

He said they ran out of fizzy drinks to mix his vodka with and he went to see his neighbour Beadman and they went to the shop together.

Harlow said: "We got back and looked at the vodka and she had obviously necked it straight out the bottle.

"She had necked a considerable amount. Then she was really drunk again."

11:58 Kayleigh and Harlow were drinking together in his house on Friday
On Friday, November 13, two days before her murder, Kayleigh was dropped off by her dad and then met Harlow, he told police.

He said Kayleigh drank a bottle of wine and had some vodka. Harlow told police: "I could see she was quite drunk.

"I was saying to her to put her head down to have an hour's nap."

He said he and Kayleigh later slept fully clothed on a matress on his bedroom floor together.

11:47 Harlow heard admitting chat with Kayleigh was sexual
The video shows Harlow being asked if his online chat with Kayleigh was sexual and he admitted it was. He was asked if he did that a lot with girls on Facebook.

He replied: "It's not something I did that often."

Describing how the first meeting on Friday, November 13, was arranged he said: "It was a mutual feeling - we should meet up, come round mine, she said 'yeah'."

11:39 Harlow describes meeting Kayleigh online
Harlow is heard telling police in the interview that he met Kayleigh on Facebook where his name is "Luke Fun Times Harlow".

He said: "We just started speaking, getting to know each other. I liked her and she liked me."

11:34 Jury watching video of Harlow's first interview with the police
The jury is now watching a video showing the first police interview with Harlow, carried out before he was arrested and when he was just being treated as a witness.

11:29 Female heard screaming "mummy"
Mr Green tells the jury he went to bed with his partner at midnight and later heard a scream.

He said: "All of a sudden I heard a loud scream. It was someone screaming "mummy".

"It sounded like a female. Whoever it was sounded frightened."

He said his partner grabbed hold of his arm and asked him if he had also heard the sound. He then opened the bedroom window and shouted "is there anybody out there" but heard no response.

11:23 First person sworn in to give evidence
The trial's first witness in the witness box has been sworn in.

Sam Green, who lives in a house on the A447 in Ibstock, is giving evidence about the night of November 14, when Kayleigh was allegedly being held against her will at Harlow's home in Geroge Avenue.

11:17 Beadman looked like he had been in a fight
The jury has heard read statements by a couple who saw Beadman at 11am on Sunday, November 15, after he raped and killed Kayleigh.

Beadman was walking on the road near an entrance to Sence Valley Forest Park and had a phone to his ear. He had blood on his face.

One of the witnesses told police: "He looked like he'd been smacked."

11:10 Fourth day of the trial begins
The jury file back into court for today's evidence. Only Luke Harlow, flanked by two security guards, is in the dock today.

Beadman's lawyer announced on Friday that his client did not want to listen to the rest of the prosecution opening.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/K...tory-29394235-detail/story.html#ixzz4BT2oKDVm

Passage from today's Leicester Mercury live updates: -

Harlow tells police that Beadman had told Harlow's parents that the scratches to his face were caused on Thursday. He had previously told Harlow he got the scratches at work on Sunday morning.

I'm just wondering when sb had chance to talk to lh's parents???

It's sounding to me as if Kayleigh fought LH off, broke his glasses during her efforts to escape him.

More updates- read bottom up

15:09
Jury told of "whispered" call to friend
At 7pm on Saturday night - the night Kayleigh is alleged to have been held against her will by Beadman and Harlow - she tried to make contact with a friend.

Earlier in the weekend the friend received one text message with the world "help" but Kayleigh later texted again to say she had meant to say "hello". On Saturday night she also sent a message to the same friend saying she wished she was with her.

Prosecutor Mrs Moore said at 7pm on Saturday Kayleigh left the friend a voicemail message "saying 'call me' in whispered tones".

15:03 Kayleigh was sent picture of alcohol to encourage her to visit Harlow
The jury is being read a number of statements including one from Kayleigh's mum, Stephanie.

The discovery of Kayleigh's smashed phone led to her mother finding out Kayleigh was not staying at her school friend's home.

When she went on Kayleigh's Facebook page she found messages to Kayleigh from Harlow including a picture of bottles of vodka and rum along with the words "We will have a good time at the weekend".

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/K...tory-29394235-detail/story.html#ixzz4BT75d786

So they didn't say if her friend called her back after the 7pm whispered call.

Why can't the reporters give a full report. It's so frustrating getting snippets.

Passage from today's Leicester Mercury live updates: -

I'm just wondering when sb had chance to talk to lh's parents???

far as I remember, from earlier MSM, sb went to his sister's house for dinner that day ( before being arrested late that night ).

SBs sister and LHs parents live in the same town - so SB must have seen them there.

Latest update says SB had a bite mark on his wrist (KH defending herself?). His reasoning was that "he was hungry". That gave me shivers (even though I'm assuming it was a poor excuse and not the truth).

More updates- read from bottom up. (not sure if 3.31 update shoudl read HArlow rather than Beadman, unless they both said they bit themselves?)

15:39 Trial ends for the day
The jury is sent home and the case will continue at 10am on Tuesday.

15:39 Pathologist doubts Beadman's version of events
Home Office pathologist Guy Rutty has questioned Beadman's account of being hit with a brick by Kayleigh.

Beadman's face was covered with abrasions and lacerations.

But Professor Rutty said there would also be bruising if Beadman had been hit with a brick.

He said in his report that it was likely Beadman had "fallen face-forward onto an irregular surface rather than the injuries being caused by a weapon such as a brick."

15:31 Beadman bit his wrist while in custody because he was "hungry"
On the morning of Monday, November 16, Beadman was assessed by a nurse who noted he had "an open wound to his right wrist which was actively bleeding".

She said in her report: "He caused the injury to his own wrist by biting it.

"When asked why, he told me he was hungry."

15:28 Kayleigh's injuries described to jury
When her body was discovered Kayleigh had numerous injuries. Among them were "extensive facial injuries", blunt force head and neck injuries, a broken finger on her left hand and "scratch-type abrasions" over her body.

At the time of her death she had some alcohol in her system but was "well below the drink driving limit" the jury is told.

15:21 Statement describes moment Kayleigh's mum begins to fear for her daughter
Before her disappearance Kayleigh had told her parents she was staying with her friend in Ibstock and her father, Martin, gave her a lift to the village on Friday night.

At around the time she was raped and murdered, Kayleigh's phone was smashed on Melbourne Road, Ibstock, but a member of the public picked it up, put the SIM card in his own phone and called Kayleigh's friend, who Stephanie and Martin thought Kayleigh was staying with.

Stephanie said in her statement: "At 8.51am on Sunday I had a call from [Kayleigh's friend] who asked to speak to Kayleigh. I immediately got worried. I had not seen Kayleigh since Thursday.

"She told me she had just been contacted by a man who had found Kayleigh's phone."

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/K...tory-29394235-detail/story.html#ixzz4BTE1xQsm

But Professor Rutty said there would also be bruising if Beadman had been hit with a brick.He said in his report that it was likely Beadman had "fallen face-forward onto an irregular surface rather than the injuries being caused by a weapon such as a brick."

So Kaleigh may well have managed to push him over, or he fell over but she didn't hit him with a brick... unless of course LH is responsible for SB's injuries.

CP - many thanks for the transcripts - much appreciated

This is all turning out even horribler (not a word but should be) than I thought. Poor Kayleigh literally fought to the death.

This is all turning out even horribler (not a word but should be) than I thought. Poor Kayleigh literally fought to the death.

I do hope her family were warned in advance and are not having to learn this at the same time we do.

I think there's a minimum of truth in their story, trying to spin it to make themselves sound the least culpable that they can, plus a pack of lies.

I do hope her family were warned in advance and are not having to learn this at the same time we do.

I think there's a minimum of truth in their story, trying to spin it to make themselves sound the least culpable that they can, plus a pack of lies.

I am looking forward (with trepidation) to SB's side of the story. I wonder if he will back up LH's claims that he was in bed and oblivious to everything?

Just catching up and thinking out loud. Could SB/LH (not sure which one it is)have bitten themselves in an attempt to hide further physical evidence?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salorenz
Back