GUILTY UK - Kayleigh Haywood, 15, Ibstock, Leicestershire, 13 Nov 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Link for today's live updates

10:33 Court one is about to open for business

Harlow is in the dock. Beadman is in the building but not present yet. His absence so far unexplained.

10:37 The jury is in court ...

...and is sent out again to continue deliberations.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/k...live-updates/story-29436995-detail/story.html

We're waiting for a verdict? Already?! I don't feel like this court case has been going long enough. Maybe I've had some kind of time warp incident...

What are we all hoping for in terms of sentence for them both?

We're waiting for a verdict? Already?! I don't feel like this court case has been going long enough. Maybe I've had some kind of time warp incident...

What are we all hoping for in terms of sentence for them both?
I think I would (based only on evidence we've heard of course and not the full Court/jury experience) find Harlow guilty and Beadman probably not guilty of that but he should get a whole life sentence if up to me ...

I think I would (based only on evidence we've heard of course and not the full Court/jury experience) find Harlow guilty and Beadman probably not guilty of that but he should get a whole life sentence if up to me ...

So life for Beadman, and what for Harlow? 5 years? 10 years? I don't feel I've got as immersed in this as I should have and I'm confused about Harlow's involvement (aside from him being a pervy paedophilic predator of course) so I can't really decide how long he deserves.

I hope something 'good' comes out of this horrible, creepy crime. If ever there was a case which should be heeded by teenagers about the dangers of online communication, this is it. I would like for there to be a charity or campaign in Kayleigh's name, to make other youngsters think twice about who they're meeting. So very sad.

I suppose the case has been short because they are only on trial for the false imprisonment part.

SB could end up with a guilty verdict, due to his having restrained Kayleigh when she was trying to get away from the house. On the other hand, there was the witness who stated that SB and Kayleigh walked to the park, holding hands ?

LH I really dont know. I think he is a total creep, approaching under age girls. But he has no previous record and I dont think the evidence is there to show that he personally imprisoned Kayleigh. There are the noises at 10pm, which could indicate Kayleigh had been locked in the house while SB and LH were out, but not sure that alone is enough proof for a guilty verdict.

I think SB will end up with something like 25 years. I cant see a whole of life ( which many have been calling for ) because if Nathan didnt get that, they I cant see how SB will.

For LH, if they go for a guilty verdict, I would guess up to 5 years, due to the severity of the crime ( even though it could be argued it was not LH who committed the murder ).

I think SB will end up with something like 25 years. I cant see a whole of life ( which many have been calling for ) because if Nathan didnt get that, they I cant see how SB will.

Nathan didn't Rape Rebecca though. That adds to Bradmans crime hugely for me. I know Nathan cut up Rebecca's body afterwards which is awful but if it were my daughter I'd prefer that after she's dead than being raped while alive.

So life for Beadman, and what for Harlow? 5 years? 10 years? I don't feel I've got as immersed in this as I should have and I'm confused about Harlow's involvement (aside from him being a pervy paedophilic predator of course) so I can't really decide how long he deserves.

I hope something 'good' comes out of this horrible, creepy crime. If ever there was a case which should be heeded by teenagers about the dangers of online communication, this is it. I would like for there to be a charity or campaign in Kayleigh's name, to make other youngsters think twice about who they're meeting. So very sad.

BIB Indeed. I do hope so. The internet can be brilliant in so many ways and youngsters today are so technically smart - but the danger of meeting a person on line cannot always be fully understood by them.

I think I read somewhere in the Kayleigh Haywood group that they want to set up a charity to do that. I think it's called Kayleigh's Kause.

I certainly will be telling my children about what happened to Kayleigh and I hope that it hits home. I'm sure that even if what happened to her prevents one awful thing happening then that would be a positive (if that's the right term of phrase) to come from something so tragic.

I'd like to know if it's been established that Kayleigh remained willingly with LH throughout the Friday night and all day Saturday. If she did, then it suggests that things only went badly wrong when Beadman got involved.

When are we guessing the jury will be back with a verdict? I reckon very late this afternoon or mid monring tomorrow.

I would expect ( hope ) for a verdict by end of today. If it goes over to tomorrow, unless its a morning verdict, then I would start to worry that the Jury are split.

Here we go, legal teams gettting ready, everyone called back to Court

Following

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jury not yet reached verdict on LH - they will resume deliberations tomorrow

Not reached a verdict on Harlow yet so back to deliberating tomorrow.

Sentencing for SB expected on Friday

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salorenz
Back