GUILTY UK - Kayleigh Haywood, 15, Ibstock, Leicestershire, 13 November 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, please someone tell me there is no chance he will get bailed? Would the bail chance increase if he has indeed confessed?!

I'm not sure what the age of consent is there, but if she was under that age it would be considered rape. In the States even if she's over the age of consent it's still rape if the age difference is over 4 years. I'm not familiar with the laws there so who knows.

Consent is 16 here in the UK. I don't think we have the 4 yr rule - once you're over the age of consent that's it, as far as I'm aware.

A bit more info here on LHs charge

Dark-hared Harlow, of heavy build, was wearing a grey sweat top and bottoms.

He stands accused of grooming a girl under 16 years on line for sex.

He is also accused of two charges of unlawful sexual touching of a 15-year-old girl between Thursday, November 12 and Monday, November 16.

And this part. about the cases being linked, so doesnt look as though LH left Kayleigh and she just happened to then fall into SBs path.

Alan Murphy, prosecuting, opposed bail.

He said that the cases against both defendants were linked.

Harlow's solicitor Tarsem Salhan made no application for bail.

And this - isnt it a bit early for a CMH ?

Mr Clarkson remanded Harlow in custody until December 18 to Leicester Crown Court for a plea and management hearing.

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/K...tory-28212250-detail/story.html#ixzz3s2D6rBp2
Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

Sexual touching then rather than full intercourse. I wonder if he thought he'd legally be Ok if he waited till she was 16 before having sex.(assuming he did know her age)

I recognise that I may be in a minority, possibly a minority of 1, but I am not seeing this through the same lenses as I see others here are.

You see when I was a teenager I too lied to my parents about where I was going and about what I was doing, and I had underage sex.

Unless more evidence comes out which leads to other charges being brought against LH, I can only see him as doing what millions of people worldwide do also. In some countries it is legal and in others it is illegal, but as it currently stands, I am not seeing any reason to think there was intention to harm Kayleigh from LH.

Teenagers are very willful and we can say that if she hadn't met LH she wouldn't have met SB and she would be safe today, but I'm not seeing the sick-inducing side of this. It is evident that he had discussed Kayleigh with his family, probably lied about her age, but I've not seen anything to say that she was forced to go, or was immature and naive enough to not know that they would probably have sex.

Perhaps I need a wake up call. If it was my 15 year old daughter say, (who is now 22) and obviously without the rape and murder, I would perhaps look at why she was needing this attention from an older man, rather than condemning her or him for sexual behaviour. The internet has played a role in this, but in my day I managed to carry off my own behaviour without internet or a mobile phone. She was a year away from the age of consent. I went to an all girls school, and my own experience was not uncommon. If Kayleigh wasn't going to come to harm with LH, then I see this as undesirable but not that unusual.

I think it right that he is charged and suitably punished, but I don't, with the current charges, see him particularly as a predator or a paedophile.

I'm not saying I can't understand other people's attitudes to this, but I would like to know if my moral boundaries are totally screwed and if they are that different from others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper