Found Deceased UK - Kirsty Aitchison, 30, Glasgow, 12th June 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope this young woman is found soon and is safe. Especially concerned about the possibility of a fake taxi. Being deaf will make things even more difficult for her, I imagine. Glad to see so much support coming for the family.

Subscribing.

Map still required?

Only got 2 points at the mo - home address at Beckfield Crescent and Campus bar/club address at 332 Sauchiehall Street. Maybe wait and see if anything gets found.

Have we heard anything about whether she has her phone?

I hope this young woman is found soon and is safe. Especially concerned about the possibility of a fake taxi. Being deaf will make things even more difficult for her, I imagine. Glad to see so much support coming for the family.

I am worried about the taxi too. What type of taxi was it? Which company if it had a sign? It is very concerning the taxi driver hasn't come forward surely they would remember picking up a deaf lady at that time in the morning.

"According to Rachel Galloway, an interpreter with Deaf Communications who works with Kirsty, she may not be able to tell someone she needs help.

Ms Galloway said: “Kirsty’s speech is very minimal and if she said ‘help’ it wouldn’t come out as ‘help’. And if she is signing the word, people won’t understand her.”

“My worry is that if something has happened to her, it’s going to be very difficult for her to tell someone she needs help.

Read more: http://www.scotsman.com/news/fears-...oman-kirsty-aitchison-1-4154158#ixzz4BYYn0Exv

Really impressed with Kirsty's friends and family, they seem to be getting lots of people - over 3000 on FB page - involved in searches and have even produced maps of the areas searched.

Am I right these maps are from up near her house? Do we have a street name?

View attachment 96618View attachment 96619

So this is her friends/public searching? Police are allowing them?

I'm not sure if I'm concerned about that, or slightly relieved. :thinking:

I am worried about the taxi too. What type of taxi was it? Which company if it had a sign? It is very concerning the taxi driver hasn't come forward surely they would remember picking up a deaf lady at that time in the morning.

"According to Rachel Galloway, an interpreter with Deaf Communications who works with Kirsty, she may not be able to tell someone she needs help.

Ms Galloway said: “Kirsty’s speech is very minimal and if she said ‘help’ it wouldn’t come out as ‘help’. And if she is signing the word, people won’t understand her.”

“My worry is that if something has happened to her, it’s going to be very difficult for her to tell someone she needs help.

Read more: http://www.scotsman.com/news/fears-...oman-kirsty-aitchison-1-4154158#ixzz4BYYn0Exv

I have a friend who had a stroke (age 41) and now has minimal speech. Outwardly she looks completely normal (gorgeous in fact!), she understands everything and can say a few words but unless you know her and can interpret her physical gestures and expressions she is very hard to understand. Phone calls are a nightmare... Anyway, my friend carries a card explaining that she's had a stroke, can understand everything but can't speak well, it also has contact numbers and her address on the back. She uses it in shops / taxis or if someone starts taking to her. I would think it would be the norm for a deaf person to carry something similar.

Appears very our of character for this young lady to go missing, I hope she gets home to her children soon!

Campus is a very well known nightclub in Glasgow. Has anyone heard anything about attempts to trace the taxi she got into? I am saying this based on my own experience and knowledge but there are not many who would get into a taxi on their own in Glasgow city centre at that hour (or any hour for that matter) so surely a taxi driver would recall this pickup, especially considering how quickly news of Kirsty being missing got about.

Glasgow is notorious for fake taxis, not always easily identifiable imo. There have been quite a number of reported incidents over the last 5 years or so.

Is there any information about whether Kirsty had been drinking? I'm wondering if she got out of the taxi and tried to walk home. Hopefully there will be CCTV imaging somewhere near where the taxi did the pick up. They need to trace the number plate and find the driver if possible.

So this is her friends/public searching? Police are allowing them?

I'm not sure if I'm concerned about that, or slightly relieved. :thinking:

According to the FB group, the police are aware of the searches and are allowing them but have asked them not to search the Campus & area for now.

Glasgow LiveVerified account ‏@Glasgow_Live 4m4 minutes ago
Police reveal missing mum Kirsty Aitchison was captured on CCTV in the Broomielaw area http://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/glasgow-news/police-reveal-missing-mum-kirsty-11471744

https://twitter.com/Glasgow_Live

Kirsty-Aitchison1.png

CCTV footage of missing mum of four Kirsty Aitchison on the night she disappeared

“We have managed to track her route from Sauchiehall Street down to Argyle Street and then on to the Broomielaw at the River Clyde. From CCTV we can see that Kirsty had taken her shoes off and was walking quickly and with purpose.

“There is no suggestion that Kirsty entered a taxi or any vehicle although we are keen to hear from anyone who may have seen her walking down to the Broomielaw and then crossing over the road.

Uh-oh. Water.

Just for info, the river Clyde flows east to west through Glasgow.

Locals, any clue why someone would walk down that way? Is there a train / bus / taxi rank down there, or other clubs? Perhaps she was heading to a friends place.

How far is this from Sauchiehall St and her home?

Broomielaw area of town is around 10 mins walk from Campus on Sauchiehall Street perhaps 15 mins during day when there is more traffic. I am sure she was not heading in the direction of her home address if she was seen at the Broomielaw, I will check this on a map to be certain.

That person in the white trainers seems to be looking straight at her. Hope he comes forward with any information, like was she drunk, did she seem upset?

Subscribing.

Map still required?

Definately, would be most helpful Skibs.

I just had a quick look and from what I can see, if Kirsty was going towards Argyle St and Broomielaw, then she was heading southwards from Campus, whereas her home seems to be north east wards, so completely the wrong direction

Definately, would be most helpful Skibs.

I just had a quick look and from what I can see, if Kirsty was going towards Argyle St and Broomielaw, then she was heading southwards from Campus, whereas her home seems to be north east wards, so completely the wrong direction

I checked this too, to confirm what I had said was correct. No idea why Kirsty would head in this direction, no transport links I am aware of and would not make sense to be at the other side of the River Clyde if her intention was to go home.

I'm in Shropshire but the Sun Scotland headline was that Kirsty was last seen 'getting into a taxi - following a row/argument'

Her poor children must be hysterical. I know we can't stereotype - but there are some missing appeals and you have a nosey and you just think 'I'm sure they'll turn up' and others you just hold your breath ...

It's funny you should say that because a missing teen report has just come up on my FB feed - Hannah Davies from Leeds. Missing for about the 10th time in a year, and people won't help because they're bored of it. I'm taking that from social media comments and it's not my own opinion, which is that she clearly needs more help from the state. That said, I also assume she'll turn up in a few days like she normally does so I'm not setting up a thread or sharing the post. Crying wolf is dangerous.

Thanks for clarifying her directions. Being deaf makes her especially vulnerable :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop
Back