GUILTY UK - Lea Adri-Soejoko, 80, slain, Colindale, London, 28 Feb 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Tiny bit here from yesterday:

A gardener accused of strangling his 80-year-old allotment secretary with a mower cord told a court he liked the other plot holders and said ‘they were like a family’. Rahim Mohammadi, 41, allegedly murdered widow Lea Adri-Soejoko to stop her complaining after he attacked her during a confrontation at the site in Colindale, northwest London. He dumped her body in the mower shed where it was found the next day after daughter Tessa led the hunt by ringing the victim’s…

http://courtnewsuk.co.uk/allotment-killer-claims-plot-holders-family/

The rest of the article is behind a paywall.

There's some bizarre defences going on at the moment.

Two days before the killing, the defendant said he met a man on the allotment who offered to sell him £200 of opium for his bad back.

He arranged to see another associate to collect the remainder of the drugs on February 27, he said.

On the day of the killing, Mohammadi said he had gone to Mrs Adri-Soejoko's house to collect a key to the main gate.

She gave him coffee and asked his advice about carpeting her stairs because the boards were slippery, he said.

Later, he said he returned a tape measure to Mrs Adri-Soejoko.

During the day, the defendant said he made three trips away from the allotment to buy tobacco, water and opium and spent time watching YouTube videos at his shed.

He told jurors that when he left on his third trip, he heard someone shouting but carried on.

He said: "I just said to myself now they are drunk and they are fighting each other."

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2018/01/...f-strangling-widow-on-allotments-went-to-buy/

Mohammadi admitted smoking opium at least “four or five times a month” at his plot to relieve back pain. Two days before the killing, the defendant said he met a man on the allotment who offered to sell him £200 of opium. He arranged to see another associate to collect the remainder of the drugs on the day of the killing.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news

There is remarkably little about this case in the newspapers. It seems to be ongoing at the Old Bailey (see today's list below).

https://old-bailey.com/old-bailey-cases-of-interest/

Court 6 at 10am trial continues Rahim Mohammadi accused of the murder of 80 year old grandmother Lea Adri-Soejoko, whose body was found in a Colindale, London allotment lock-up. The pensioner, who was secretary of the allotment association was allegedly strangled with a lawnmower cord by a Mohammadi, who was a fellow committee member.

What really struck me about the list was how many people on trial were not of English origin.

RM was witness no. 30, so it looks like they're calling more defence witnesses.

Central Criminal Court 6 T20177082
Rahim Mohammadi
Details: Trial (Part Heard) - No Event - 10:20
Trial (Part Heard) - No Event - 11:32
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 14:00 - 12:29
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 14:11
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 15:15 - 15:06
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 32 Sworn - 15:36

http://www.thelawpages.com/court-hearings-lists/Central-Criminal-Court.php

Jurors in the case of a man accused of murdering an 80-year-old woman at an allotment have failed to reach a verdict.

[...]

Jurors deliberated over three days and were given a majority direction on Thursday afternoon.

Mr Mohammadi was told he would face a re-trial after they failed to agree on a verdict.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-43075127

Oh.

The CPS must think there is enough evidence for a conviction. It must be very frustrating to have to do it all again. I don't think we've heard enough in the news to say whether it's a strong case or not but I was perplexed about the other guy's DNA on her hand. I hope they tighten up their case.

Oh.

The CPS must think there is enough evidence for a conviction. It must be very frustrating to have to do it all again. I don't think we've heard enough in the news to say whether it's a strong case or not but I was perplexed about the other guy's DNA on her hand. I hope they tighten up their case.

Yeah, that's really strange.

I can't find any updates on this trial other than lawpages, which basically shows it's taking place.

Maybe the press aren't too interested as it will be a virtual rerun of the original case. Unless something startling turns up I think we shall see little reporting of the case until it is over.

Mohammadi was said to have acted aggressively towards Mrs Adri-Soejoko at an allotment committee meeting five months before she was killed on February 27 last year.

They fell out because Mohammadi wanted an allotment holder who kept chickens and rabbits in a cramped shed thrown off the site.

‘She told me to shut up. I said, ‘No, I won’t shut up,’ he recalled.

Mohammadi called Ms Adri-Soejoko a ‘*advertiser censored**ing b*tch’ and stormed out of the meeting.

But he insisted after the incident they made up and ‘it was completely forgotten.’

‘I used to call her little witch,’ he told the jury. ‘She called me puppy.’

He said that he stayed overnight at Ms Adri-Soejoko’s home and would help out with any work she wanted doing on the site.

The victim’s granddaughter has told the court that after the dispute the victim was wary of Mohammadi.

Gardener denies strangling allotment secretary he called 'litte witch' to death with lawnmower cord | Daily Mail Online

Central Criminal Court 10 T20177082
Rahim Mohammadi
Details: Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 09:55
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness evidence concluded - 10:12
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 10:52
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 00:00 - 11:19
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 11:48
Trial (Part Heard) - Legal Submissions - 12:20
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 14:05 - 12:59
Trial (Part Heard) - Prosecution Closing Speech - 14:08

Old Bailey - Central Criminal Court Listings, Daily Hearings, Cases & Details

BBM.

Central Criminal Court 10 T20177082
Rahim Mohammadi
Details: Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 10:04
Trial (Part Heard) - Summing Up - 10:13
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 11:15 - 11:07
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 11:19
Trial (Part Heard) - Summing Up - 11:28
Trial (Part Heard) - Jury retire to consider verdict - 11:55

Old Bailey - Central Criminal Court Listings, Daily Hearings, Cases & Details

Guilty.

A man has been found guilty of strangling an 80-year-old woman to avoid being thrown off his allotment.

Rahim Mohammadi, 42, killed Lea Adri-Soejoko with a lawnmower flex and hid her body at Colindale allotments in north London in February last year.

Adri-Soejoko, an allotment secretary, was found dead in a locked mower shed after her family raised concerns that she had failed to turn up at a meeting.

Mohammadi, from Hackney in north London, was found guilty of her murder after a retrial at the Old Bailey. John Price QC, prosecuting, had told jurors Mohammadi had a reputation for having a volatile temper.

[...]

The defendant made no reaction as the jury delivered its guilty verdict. But as he was led from the dock, Mohammadi turned to the jury and said: “You will have that on your conscience, sending an innocent man to prison.”

The judge, Richard Marks QC, adjourned sentencing until Friday.

Allotment murder: Rahim Mohammadi found guilty in retrial

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CKS
Back