Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I heard the interview was that police were guessing that due to Leah’s previous routes the last couple of days prior to her disappearance, IF she took the same route on the 15th she would have been approximately at the same location the clothes were found when her phone was switched off at 8.34am. She was also around the Furzton lake area on the 14th at approx 5.20pm when the location button was turned off. The last couple of days prior to her disappearance Leah had been walking the east side of the Lake ( opposite side to Chaffron way ).
Wondering if Leah had altered her route because there was somebody she was afraid of, or whom she wanted to avoid?
Would someone throw clothing in the water as a distraction in the investigation and/or to buy time? imo.

The way I heard the interview was that police were guessing that due to Leah’s previous routes the last couple of days prior to her disappearance, IF she took the same route on the 15th she would have been approximately at the same location the clothes were found when her phone was switched off at 8.34am. She was also around the Furzton lake area on the 14th at approx 5.20pm when the location button was turned off. The last couple of days prior to her disappearance Leah had been walking the east side of the Lake ( opposite side to Chaffron way ).
post #1004- clothing was determined (somehow) not to be linked to the investigation

Dotr, Quite possible she changed route to avoid someone if she was scared (it was stated that she walked east side over last couple of days....we don’t know what her usual route was prior to this) but why not stick to the main roads / streets eg Chaffron Way where there would be traffic/ houses incase she needed to alert someone? Don’t think it would be my choice to walk round the lake if I was scared...too remote imo.

post #1004- clothing was determined (somehow) not to be linked to the investigation

Curiousobserver I was aware the clothes weren’t linked to Leah’s investigation. Was just trying to explain CCs interview where she stated it being a long wait to have it confirmed they weren’t linked to Leah as she would have been near the same point where they were found when her phone was turned off at 8.34am on the 15th if she had followed the same route as she had done the previous couple of days. Hope this makes sense :)

Curiousobserver I was aware the clothes weren’t linked to Leah’s investigation. Was just trying to explain CCs interview where she stated it being a long wait to have it confirmed they weren’t linked to Leah as she would have been near the same point where they were found when her phone was turned off at 8.34am on the 15th if she had followed the same route as she had done the previous couple of days. Hope this makes sense :)
Also still wondering if someone threw random clothing (not Leah's) into the water as a distraction. imo.

Dotr Thinking more on her changing route if she was scared, I don’t think she would have turned off her location settings? She had never done it before prior to Valentine’s Day. If she did turn them off herself. You could be right about someone deliberately throwing clothes into Lake to buy time....case seems to be moving at a faster rate now the HC/AC case is over.

Also still wondering if someone threw random clothing (not Leah's) into the water as a distraction. imo.

In all probability this is highly unlikely, it’s is close to residential area and clothing is regularly found near or in the water. Plus she’s not been found almost 4 months on, I’m not sure there is need for distraction now

They said she lied, but maybe to Leah this person she met was a friend, but a friend only Leah knew ?
Was she on any dating sites and just met them ?
Then the next day found out where she was and offered her a lift ?

Dotr, Quite possible she changed route to avoid someone if she was scared (it was stated that she walked east side over last couple of days....we don’t know what her usual route was prior to this) but why not stick to the main roads / streets eg Chaffron Way where there would be traffic/ houses incase she needed to alert someone? Don’t think it would be my choice to walk round the lake if I was scared...too remote imo.

Chaffron Way is one of MK's grid roads, there are no pavements and houses are set back from the road and screened by a belt of trees. It's rare to see anyone walk alongside a grid road, apart from those which have redways running alongside. I agree though, that if Leah were worried about her walk home, it would make more sense to go through Shenley Lodge and into Furzton at the underpass near Loxbeare Drive, that route would be much busier.

Chaffron Way is one of MK's grid roads, there are no pavements and houses are set back from the road and screened by a belt of trees. It's rare to see anyone walk alongside a grid road, apart from those which have redways running alongside. I agree though, that if Leah were worried about her walk home, it would make more sense to go through Shenley Lodge and into Furzton at the underpass near Loxbeare Drive, that route would be much busier.

Thanks goofybauble for confirming this....I’m not local as you can see lol. I did check on google maps & seen the main roads but didn’t follow it on streetview.

One thing has become clear this past week in that apparently Leah’s life was much like other young women, i.e full of issues and complex relationships. Whereas at first we were only told she was happy, lived at home quite amiably with her family and that nothing unusual had happened the day(s) prior. Which seems not to really the case, imo.

One thing has become clear this past week in that apparently Leah’s life was much like other young women, i.e full of issues and complex relationships. Whereas at first we were only told she was happy, lived at home quite amiably with her family and that nothing unusual had happened the day(s) prior. Which seems not to really the case, imo.
Yes, I'm surprised police said today that there are actually several points of stress in her life at the moment.

Does anyone know if theoretically lc was pregnant, if the police are allowed to obtain this information from her gp or any other pregnancy care related sources who may know, with her being missing? Or is it all still confidential even when someone is missing etc?
It's all still confidential.

The Police can only get information that would be relevant to their investigation. In this case, knowing she is pregnant wouldn't help them find her. If she was staying in a hospital, however, they could be told that.

I know Leahs mum said in radio interview that police had come around & photographed the clothes Leah wore on the 14th ( I’m assuming the ones she changed into before going out at 6pm). I’m not sure if they would consider taking them for dna as I don’t think it could prove much as it could be argued that perhaps Leah could have worn clothes on a previous day without washing?

Someone suggested on a different site that LE check for DNA on the clothes she wore on Thursday 14. Is that something that LE could consider, do you think?
Interesting. Say they found DNA on the clothes that wasn't Leah's, then what? Are LE allowed to ask all of her family, friends and colleagues for a DNA sample to see if it's theirs? I've no idea whether that's something LE are allowed to do.

The Police can only get information that would be relevant to their investigation
In reality, detectives get as much information as they can, then sort out what is relevant. Sometimes you wouldn't know if something is relevant until you piece it together with something else.

Last edited:
Someone suggested on a different site that LE check for DNA on the clothes she wore on Thursday 14. Is that something that LE could consider, do you think?

In the UK, LE is stretched due to economic policies. Police would be unlikely to DNA test and screen people unless it was a murder investigation or if they thought the perp was already on their DNA database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MISSINGPERSONSMYSTERIES