Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Twitter

ITV News Anglia

"We spoke to Leah Croucher's mother at the Blue Lagoon nature reserve in Bletchley today. Police have been searching a lake there after someone reported spotted a grey hoodie nearby. Leah Croucher was last seen in Milton Keynes in February. More in our 6pm programme."

Video of Claire speaking at link.

Police provide update on grey hooded jumper central to major Leah Croucher search in Milton Keynes

"It is understood a member of the public saw an item of clothing resembling the distinctive hoodie in the water, but did not fish it out."

"As the search by diving experts draws to a close today, a police spokesman told the MK Citizen: "Police are not in possession of the hooded top. Police believe it may be linked to Leah - we are not able to confirm if it definitely is or is not Leah Croucher’s hooded top."

Last week LC's mum appeals for the body to be found so they can grieve. Footballer generates some publicity.

This week someone claims to see a top similar to the one she was last seen wearing floating in the lake close to where she was last seen?

I'm not sure l believe in co-incidences. How close could this witness have got if theu could see it was a similar top, but they couldn't fish it out? And the lake is used for diving but nothing has been reported?

Hello everyone. I’ve been following this since Leah was reported missing and I recently came across this thread.

I just wanted to say that sadly I fear that this most recent hoodies find could be a hoax, an unkind hoax. There was an unthoughtful video circulating of a supposed ghost whispered who mentioned a boat in a lake. The blue lagoon matches this description and as a ghost skeptic and sadly sometimes a person skeptic I fear someone has taken all of this into account and now a spotted grey hoodie.

I hope the search provides clues, answers or just some answers for Leah’s poor family but I hadn’t seen anyone reference this awful video here (which Leah’s family had requested no one shares so I won’t be doing this and don’t want to encourage anyone to actively search for it) but it adds some background to this latest event.

Opinions my own.

Hello everyone. I’ve been following this since Leah was reported missing and I recently came across this thread.

I just wanted to say that sadly I fear that this most recent hoodies find could be a hoax, an unkind hoax. There was an unthoughtful video circulating of a supposed ghost whispered who mentioned a boat in a lake. The blue lagoon matches this description and as a ghost skeptic and sadly sometimes a person skeptic I fear someone has taken all of this into account and now a spotted grey hoodie.

I hope the search provides clues, answers or just some answers for Leah’s poor family but I hadn’t seen anyone reference this awful video here (which Leah’s family had requested no one shares so I won’t be doing this and don’t want to encourage anyone to actively search for it) but it adds some background to this latest event.

Opinions my own.

You have literally read my mind! Was thinking this earlier. Unless the police actually find said hooded top, i would be inclined to believe it's a very nasty hoax! Unless all the coverage around leah has led someone to talk and push for a search in that area by coming up with 'spotting the hoodie' and they know she may be in that area? I'm not quite sure about this.

Would the police not be aware of the possibility of the sighting being a hoax ?
I would have thought that they would try and check the reliability of the witness before investing time and money in a full search .It would also be a very stressful experience for the Crouchers.
Perhaps as CoverMeCagney said ,the witness did take a photo.
It might also be possible they have had other tips that have led them to the lake.

Would the police not be aware of the possibility of the sighting being a hoax ?
I would have thought that they would try and check the reliability of the witness before investing time and money in a full search .It would also be a very stressful experience for the Crouchers.
Perhaps as CoverMeCagney said ,the witness did take a photo.
It might also be possible they have had other tips that have led them to the lake.

I'm not sure, wouldn't the police have to follow up any sighting, even if they did believe it to be a hoax? Also remember there is crimestoppers nowadays where people can report anything anonymously? But I agree with what your saying just trying to come up with possibilities.

I don’t know if it’s helpful or adds to more hopelessness, that the lake they are searching is home to a club of sub aqua divers who dive all year round and news reports say they know the lake like the back of their hands. It has set up diving experiences under the water. So how they have not found anything in all This time is unusual. News reports also state it was not a member of this club that made the report.

Another possibility, but pure speculation on my part. Someone may have known she is in the lake and phoned in an anonymous tip about the distinctive hoody to attract searchers. So there may be no hoody.

Would be interesting to know who phoned it in, must have seemed credible for the police to get down there and search.

Just listening to Claire talking by the lake - and how she references someone coming forward after 7 and half months. Making me wonder, does this mean someone has reported seeing the jumper at an earlier date ? and only now come forward with the information ?

So we've got a Leah going out on Valentine's Day evening having told her parents she was seeing friends. But it turned out she didn't go to friends, she went elsewhere.

We've got her returning home and going straight to her room.

We've got a married man that was allegedly dating Leah that Leah's family were not happy about who also worked at the same place as Leah.

And we've got Leah vanishing on her way to said workplace the following morning after Valentine's Day.

*Knock knock*

"It's me, Occam. I've been waiting quite some time."

Last edited:
So we've got a Leah going out on Valentine's Day evening having told her parents she was seeing friends. But it turned out she didn't go to friends, she went elsewhere.

We've got her returning home and going straight to her room.

We've got a married man that was allegedly dating Leah that Leah's family were not happy about who also worked at the same place as Leah.

And we've got Leah vanishing on her way to said workplace the following morning after Valentine's Day.

*Knock knock*

"It's me, Occam. I've been waiting quite some time."

My only point would be apparently the family didn't know she was seeing anyone until after she went missing. Great summary tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseCherami