Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help but think that Leah was lured away on the day she disappeared, if you take a look at the blogs by Lolly and Mickey Womble the circumstances suggest this.

1. On the 14th Feb she came home and then went out immediately, which was apparently not normal.
2. Either she or someone else turned her mobile GPS off on the 14th Feb.
3. On the 15th she was seen by a couple of witnesses talking to someone on her mobile, however, this was not her own and was apparently a new one.
4. The first sighting of her in conversation on her mobile was said to show she was in a distressed state.
4. By contrast the second sighting indicates that she was no longer in a distressed state.

I think it's fair to assume that Leah planned to run away, whoever she planned to do this with turned off her own mobiles GPS and gave her an alternative mobile phone. These two actions are far from normal and very concerning when you take them together.
It's possible that the first phone call was with the person she planned to run away with and he was not where he was supposed to be, hence the distressed state. Then the second call was to arrange her collection, IMO by another person not the one she was laving home for.
She would have then been collected and at this point went freely and as such would not have attracted any unwanted attention, which is why she disappeared without trace.
If my narrative is correct the police will have absolutely nothing to go on, and this will be the reason Leah has not been found.

It needs someone to break what appears to be a wall of silence if the police are to make progress.

1653573255530.png
''Missing persons posters and billboards have been revamped, with experts turning to science and technology to make them more memorable.
The charity Missing People hopes the changes will make the public more likely to engage and take action
The posters carry a 3D image of the person and a QR code which shows them laughing and smiling when scanned.
The mother of missing Leah Croucher called the new posters "amazing" and said they give them renewed hope.
Leah was 19 when she went missing from Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, on 15 February, 2019.
Her mother, Claire Croucher, said "One of the many challenges as a parent of a missing person is trying to communicate who you've lost.

"We feel that if the public were to understand who our daughter is, they are more likely to remember seeing or meeting her."
It is hoped that the 3D images and smiling faces will humanise the missing person and the aminated characteristics and gestures will make them more memorable to passers-by.
The idea is that people might notify friends on social media and share relevant details like background maps of where the person was last seen.''

''One of the most noticeable differences between the new and the old posters is the absence of the word "missing".
This has been replaced with the more active phrase "help find" which the behavioural scientists behind the posters say is more likely to get people to take action.''

I can't help but think that Leah was lured away on the day she disappeared, if you take a look at the blogs by Lolly and Mickey Womble the circumstances suggest this.

1. On the 14th Feb she came home and then went out immediately, which was apparently not normal.
2. Either she or someone else turned her mobile GPS off on the 14th Feb.
3. On the 15th she was seen by a couple of witnesses talking to someone on her mobile, however, this was not her own and was apparently a new one.
4. The first sighting of her in conversation on her mobile was said to show she was in a distressed state.
4. By contrast the second sighting indicates that she was no longer in a distressed state.

I think it's fair to assume that Leah planned to run away, whoever she planned to do this with turned off her own mobiles GPS and gave her an alternative mobile phone. These two actions are far from normal and very concerning when you take them together.
It's possible that the first phone call was with the person she planned to run away with and he was not where he was supposed to be, hence the distressed state. Then the second call was to arrange her collection, IMO by another person not the one she was laving home for.
She would have then been collected and at this point went freely and as such would not have attracted any unwanted attention, which is why she disappeared without trace.
If my narrative is correct the police will have absolutely nothing to go on, and this will be the reason Leah has not been found.

It needs someone to break what appears to be a wall of silence if the police are to make progress.
I think it is plausible that Leah was planning on running away, but I can't convince myself that she planned to do it that morning. Why would she walk towards work with her usual small backpack. Why not get whomever she had arranged this with to pick her up from her house. Her parents left for work before her. No one was home. She could have filled a suitcase with stuff important to her. Left a note saying, you don't like Mr X, you are too controlling, I need my own space or whatever reason she felt was necessary. Anything that would stop a full scale missing person investigation. All moo. Who knows what goes on behind closed doors.

I think it is plausible that Leah was planning on running away, but I can't convince myself that she planned to do it that morning. Why would she walk towards work with her usual small backpack. Why not get whomever she had arranged this with to pick her up from her house. Her parents left for work before her. No one was home. She could have filled a suitcase with stuff important to her. Left a note saying, you don't like Mr X, you are too controlling, I need my own space or whatever reason she felt was necessary. Anything that would stop a full scale missing person investigation. All moo. Who knows what goes on behind closed doors.

I agree .. I think its more likely she got into some sort of row and she was going to spill the beans

Wow, just when you think this case has dead-ended, something new again.

I find this interesting (from the linked article):

A spokesman for the Leah investigation team told us: “We have recently received a number of reports from members of the public relating to the Leah Croucher investigation. One of these reports relates to a possible sighting of Leah at Luton Airport in March 2019, however the circumstances reported to us are different to those in your request for comment. (bbm)

What does that mean, I wonder? On top of the inherent mystery of Leah's case, I find it almost unbearable the way that every new lead rekindles speculation about whether the supposed sighting comes from an attention-seeking timewaster or whether the police cocked up first time round by failing to follow up reports.

There certainly seems to be an unending supply of additional sightings, which is extraordinary in itself.

Colour me bewildered.

JMO
Everyone who leaves the country will be on cctv and a still shot taken of them and so it may be a big job but travelling through photos from Luton matched against facial comparing software would pick her out and this would also identify the following:

Wh she was with
Where she was going
What flight number she was boarding
did sh have connecting flights

Schiphol is a major Hub for the rest of world and if she flew from Luton she may have come under less scrutiny than flying from Heathrow.

Awesome innovation!
''Families and authorities are using a new tool to help look for missing persons: three-dimensional posters. The 3D images are designed to make the faces they depict more memorable. Leah Croucher went missing in 2019 from her town in Milton Keynes, England. Leah’s face is part of a new campaign in England. It shows the teen moving and blinking. The hope is that these more detailed images may help trigger someone’s memory, and make those who are missing seem more ‘real.'''

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
The more interviews from the police and family I read the more questions I raises, why are the police so sure that she went on her own occurd her friends had said she had been worried about going to work that week why? Is it because of Mr x had some one been intimidating her? The police state she had a unrequited love is that Mr x? When she went out on valentines evening she went in joggers hardly something you would wear to see someone you wore seeing maybe she was being blackmailed by Mr x or someone close to him.

It would be interesting to know if the snap she took in the morning was just an everyday occurence or there was a motive behind it maybe something made her feel unsafe?

Last edited by a moderator:
The more interviews from the police and family I read the more questions I raises, why are the police so sure that she went on her own occurd her friends had said she had been worried about going to work that week why? Is it because of Mr x had some one been intimidating her? The police state she had a unrequited love is that Mr x? When she went out on valentines evening she went in joggers hardly something you would wear to see someone you wore seeing maybe she was being blackmailed by Mr x or someone close to him.

It would be interesting to know if the snap she took in the morning was just an everyday occurence or there was a motive behind it maybe something made her feel unsafe?
Everyone who leaves the country will be on cctv and a still shot taken of them and so it may be a big job but travelling through photos from Luton matched against facial comparing software would pick her out and this would also identify the following:

Wh she was with
Where she was going
What flight number she was boarding
did sh have connecting flights

Schiphol is a major Hub for the rest of world and if she flew from Luton she may have come under less scrutiny than flying from Heathrow.
total red heering and not worth discussing in my opinion witness did gave different stories in a few different place is that right?

spent the day reading this story. didnt not read where she was worried about work? link?
didnt she take a snap every day for over a year and that was normal. there is so many peices of detail missing and police need a big break to solve this cause they are obvioulsy wrapping this up

Last edited:
I think of all the missing persons cases Ive ever followed Leah's is the most baffling! I really do not understand why the police still seem to believe she disappeared off her own accord. They have CCTV of her walking to work, why would you "pretend" to walk to work. From what I have read in previous reports her parents left for work before she did, so once they were out of the house she could of just packed a bag and left without the need to pretend to go to work. She also took no belongings or money with her...

One thing that has been bothering me about her case is that the day she went missing she was not actually reported missing until 6pm in the evening when she failed to return home but she never actually arrived for work in the morning... I think this has been queried previously as to why no one in her workplace raised the alarm sooner that she did not arrive at work? I'm trying to find a link to where I read this may have been because leah had booked annual leave that day and so was not due in work....so why then is she pictured on CCTV at 8.16am walking her usual route work if she had booked the day of?! So much just doesn't add up about this case!

Someone else upthread also mentions how some WS members seem to be trying to throw off the theory about Mr X and I agree at times it does appear like this but everytime you look at the very little evidence available... it all comes back to Mr X...as we know they also worked together at the same place... She was secretly meeting someone in hotels and getting taxis to unknown address too.

All MOO of course.

I've found this link with a detailed timeline of her disappearance, particularly that she was last seen at 8.16am but not reported missing until 6pm.

I think of all the missing persons cases Ive ever followed Leah's is the most baffling! I really do not understand why the police still seem to believe she disappeared off her own accord. They have CCTV of her walking to work, why would you "pretend" to walk to work. From what I have read in previous reports her parents left for work before she did, so once they were out of the house she could of just packed a bag and left without the need to pretend to go to work. She also took no belongings or money with her...

One thing that has been bothering me about her case is that the day she went missing she was not actually reported missing until 6pm in the evening when she failed to return home but she never actually arrived for work in the morning... I think this has been queried previously as to why no one in her workplace raised the alarm sooner that she did not arrive at work? I'm trying to find a link to where I read this may have been because leah had booked annual leave that day and so was not due in work....so why then is she pictured on CCTV at 8.16am walking her usual route work if she had booked the day of?! So much just doesn't add up about this case!

Someone else upthread also mentions how some WS members seem to be trying to throw off the theory about Mr X and I agree at times it does appear like this but everytime you look at the very little evidence available... it all comes back to Mr X...as we know they also worked together at the same place... She was secretly meeting someone in hotels and getting taxis to unknown address too.

All MOO of course.

I've found this link with a detailed timeline of her disappearance, particularly that she was last seen at 8.16am but not reported missing until 6pm.

Yes, the assertion that Leah left of her own accord just doesn’t add up.
The complete loss of identity it entailed, no personal possessions, no money, it’s just all wrong.
IMO the key to this is the secret hotel sessions, I’d say from the few witnesses and the CCTV footage Leah was collected after the two calls she made from the unknown mobile phone.
No one saw a female in distress or struggling in a car, so she went willingly, this is worst case for the police.
They just have vertically nothing to go on.

All MOO of course.

The same happened in the Claudia Lawrence case. her workplace didn't report her missing at all and it was only when one of her friends rang the workplace on day 2 missing that the alarm was raised.
Many workplaces are quite lax in checking on employees who either don't turn up for work or don't report absence.

The same happened in the Claudia Lawrence case. her workplace didn't report her missing at all and it was only when one of her friends rang the workplace on day 2 missing that the alarm was raised.
Many workplaces are quite lax in checking on employees who either don't turn up for work or don't report absence.
Well in both cases the employees were adults and although unusual for them not to turn up for work it happens.
Leah’s case is a little different in that she was relatively young at the time, so maybe this did warrant some concern on the employee’s side.
Claudia Lawrence on the other hand was in her 30’s, so in theory we’ll able to look after herself (some say Claudia was somewhat naive).
Off topic slightly, Claudia Lawrence & Suzy Lamplugh seem to have followed a very similar lifestyle. While Leah (from what I’ve read) seems to have been more reserved and maybe naive.
One thing is certain, they all disappeared without trace and this resulted in big headache for the police.

Well in both cases the employees were adults and although unusual for them not to turn up for work it happens.
Leah’s case is a little different in that she was relatively young at the time, so maybe this did warrant some concern on the employee’s side.
Claudia Lawrence on the other hand was in her 30’s, so in theory we’ll able to look after herself (some say Claudia was somewhat naive).
Off topic slightly, Claudia Lawrence & Suzy Lamplugh seem to have followed a very similar lifestyle. While Leah (from what I’ve read) seems to have been more reserved and maybe naive.
One thing is certain, they all disappeared without trace and this resulted in big headache for the police.
Yea, Leah was not like Claudia at all. Other than they are both missing I dont see many similarities at all.

Yes, Leah was not like Claudia at all. Other than they are both missing I dont see many similarities at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme