Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very sorry to read this. It was a case I followed at the outset and I always wondered what had happened to her. But I presumed her dead and that it was a result of foul play. I've since had a quick look at the thread and seen the speculation that emerged about her secret relationship.

My first assumption on reading the news articles was that the rucksack and other personal items were found in the house and that was what prompted the member of the public to call the police who having identified them as Leah's searched the grounds and sadly found her remains.

Perhaps the house was being renovated after having been sold or perhaps it was the garden that was being dug over by a landscaper (did I read that somewhere?). My speculation would be that she was either lured there - its so close to her intended route to work and near where she was last seen on CCTV - or she was later left there (I think the former more likely).

I hope this gruesome find will lead to further investigation and finding the perpetrator. But the forensic trail will undoubtedly have gone cold and there may be little evidence to be gathered from the scene after such a long time. Though there might have been CCTV, house or door cameras in that road its hard to imagine that they will have been retained after such a long period. Lets hope there are people who are associated with that property or road who can be linked in some way.

Agree, I lived on there in the year that property was last sold. It was a lovely estate then, still is nice, but Summer House, maybe if you lived abroad and came over to see family in the area, could make sense, else not sure why you would chose MK and not somewhere like Cornwall.
It is a decent area. Not somewhere that my danger radar would have gone off at 8am in the morning that’s for sure.

The police have already stated it is a murder investigation.

If it was self-harm it would be 'no suspicious circumstances.'
They’re also saying “no wider risk to residents”, though, which makes me wonder if a murder investigation opened for now in the absence of a clear explanation of how LC (if it is her) died.

Such sad news. I just hope they are hot on the heels of suspect(s) and it isn’t even further dragged out for the family.
May she RIP now
There is definitely a big trend in MK for summer houses as it’s being called. I have plenty of neighbours in surrounding streets to me who are only here 1-2 months a year when their native countries are too hot, so it’s not a crazy suggestion at all IMO

They’re also saying “no wider risk to residents”, though, which makes me wonder if a murder investigation opened for now in the absence of a clear explanation of how LC (if it is her) died.
If the body has been dismembered, then it is definitely a murder investigation.

Perhaps that's how they know?

Such sad news. I just hope they are hot on the heels of suspect(s) and it isn’t even further dragged out for the family.
May she RIP now
There is definitely a big trend in MK for summer houses as it’s being called. I have plenty of neighbours in surrounding streets to me who are only here 1-2 months a year when their native countries are too hot, so it’s not a crazy suggestion at all IMO
Interesting. Much has changed since I left a few years back then. V interested to know, which countries would typically be their “native” countries?

I wonder if the "summer house" has got lost in translation. More of a second home that was used at times. My children have friends at school who have two, or even three homes across the country, and further, due to the nature of their parents jobs. They will spend the majority of time at their main house, but go elsewhere for the summer, holidays etc. Some of these houses are in areas that you wouldn't necessarily expect a second home, but they have family/friends in the area, the area offers something unique or desired (for example world class sporting facilities) With strict covid restrictions in place, and their work schedule, it's entirely possible that the owners couldn't return from their primary residence until recently. I dunno, something seems a little weird though for a house to have no activity for over three years.

JMOO

Thank you I wasn’t sure whether it is number 2 or 4 as some photos are showing police in front of no4 cordoned off?

Number 2 has a sack of construction materials on the street view on the property
what date's on that street view? recent?
The houses appear to have ample roof space to convert an attic into a further room or office. If that time stamp is recent, she could have been discovered by builders. Of course, again, speculation.

Sad but not unexpected news, a happy outcome never looked likely imho even from the start

The summer house bit makes me think it was owned by a middle eastern or indian sub continent family who used to live in it when it was too hot out there, fact they didn’t come there for 2 years adds up too (travel bans from overseas)

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. Much has changed since I left a few years back then. V interested to know, which countries would typically be their “native” countries?
Many. Those that I know personally are mainly UAE residents but it’s certainly not only related to certain countries/areas at all. MK with its proximity to London without the London congestion and prices seems to have become something of a favourite with this trend

Many. Those that I know personally are mainly UAE residents but it’s certainly not only related to certain countries/areas at all. MK with its proximity to London without the London congestion and prices seems to have become something of a favourite with this trend
Interesting to know. I do still work in MK and live nearby actually but wasn’t aware of this. Changing times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties