Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is unlikely to be someone related to the fair

These fairs and the attractions in them are very much run and operated by the traveller/gypsy community, I know they don’t have the best of reputations and are known for fighting and petty crime and fraud etc but gypsys are incredibly family minded and one thing they do not get involved in is abduction and murder, it is highly unlikely that anyone involved in the traveler community would have abducted Leah

2 days ago:

The parents of missing Milton Keynes teenager Leah Croucher were out in the town again today, putting up banners and posters imploring anyone with information to get in touch. She hasn’t been seen in over five weeks, they say it’s ‘a living hell’. More on @itvanglia tonight.

View attachment 176418 View attachment 176419 View attachment 176420

Graham Stothard on Twitter

I feel so sorry for Leah's parents, I don't know how they cope. It must be even worse for them that so many missing people's bodies were recovered in the last week, they must really be thinking the worst :(

In past missing person cases, history has shown how abductors/murderers/rapists love to dump the bodies of their victims in secrecy within local woodland, brush or local watercourses.

Has the woodland trust or private owners been asked to keep an eye out for any ground disturbance on their land?
Local walkers aware when walking on any riverside paths?

In the vast majority of past cases, the bodies of missing people turn up only a few miles away from where they were kidnapped. This also proved true with the find of Libby Squire. It is therefore my thesis that we should work on the basis that she is probably within 15 miles of MK.

Lets begin with a scour of Shenley, Linford and Howe park woods just to rule them out.

The key is awareness. Milton Keynes is a highly populated part of S England. If her body is out there, you would think its only a matter of time before someone stumbles upon it.

Absolutely terrible for the parents to have no leads to work on with this case at present. I can only hope a major development happens for them soon, they need resolution and at present remain in-limbo.

Last edited:
Looking at those pictures of Leah on the poster and the cctv she really looks 14-15,

If I saw her dressed in black in a morning she went missing I would assume she was going to school to study for GCSE’s not work so I would probably not have noticed anyone fitting Leah’s description or paid any attention to her, she looks nothing like 19 in any pic

Only going by what I have learnt here of course so apologies if my question is inappropriate.

I have a son living very close to this area. I have frequently stayed in that hotel near the lake mentioned. Many people stay overnight in that hotel - is it clear that plod have traced all those staying there that booked out the morning Leah disappeared?
Just a desperate query.

Only going by what I have learnt here of course so apologies if my question is inappropriate.

I have a son living very close to this area. I have frequently stayed in that hotel near the lake mentioned. Many people stay overnight in that hotel - is it clear that plod have traced all those staying there that booked out the morning Leah disappeared?
Just a desperate query.
That's a good point. Haven't seen anything mentioned in the media, hopefully they've all been looked into.

In past missing person cases, history has shown how abductors/murderers/rapists love to dump the bodies of their victims in secrecy within local woodland, brush or local watercourses.

Has the woodland trust or private owners been asked to keep an eye out for any ground disturbance on their land?

In the vast majority of past cases, the bodies of missing people turn up only a few miles away from where they were kidnapped. This also proved true with the find of Libby Squire. It is therefore my thesis that we should work on the basis that she is probably within 15 miles of MK.

Lets begin with a scour of Shenley, Linford and Howe park woods just to rule them out.

The key is awareness. Milton Keynes is a highly populated part of S England. If her body is out there, you would think its only a matter of time before someone stumbles upon it.

Absolutely terrible for the parents to have no leads to work on with this case at present. I can only hope a major development happens for them soon, they need resolution and at present remain in-limbo.
Yes we are also so close to lots of countryside in Bedford. Which is easily accessible. I always worry about the water. They searched it very early on. Who isn't to say someone could put her in the lake after that?

MK is full of woodland, parkland, heavy shrubbery and trees. Within minutes by car, you are in open countryside in most directions. It isn't a built up area at all. Residential areas are laid out in landscaped areas. There are three large man made lakes, fields full of sheep and Parks Trust owned huge rambling parklands all within the town (or city if you're local) itself. The possibilities are vast.

I am surprised her case has not received more attention both on here and in the general media at large

This place is on its 14th Libby Squire thread and who was responsible for her disappearance and demise was pretty clear cut from the very beginning, yet we are on the 1st Leah thread still and no nearer finding her or knowing who is responsible, just surprised Leah has generated so little discussion compared with Libby not that there is a competition or anything

I am surprised her case has not received more attention both on here and in the general media at large

This place is on its 14th Libby Squire thread and who was responsible for her disappearance and demise was pretty clear cut from the very beginning, yet we are on the 1st Leah thread still and no nearer finding her or knowing who is responsible, just surprised Leah has generated so little discussion compared with Libby not that there is a competition or anything

Lack of anything to work with. Very early on in Libby you had spidercam, followed by an arrest and some pretty interesting charges etc.

Here we have nothing. Apart from the talking point of the cctv showing someone walking behind Leah.

It’s nearly Mother’s Day and it is so sad for the family. I wondering what is actually being done currently. I know there is a £5000 reward and posters on bridges and family/ friends doing leafleting but this is the first mystery that bugs me so much where my interest and desire to help in some way isn’t fuelled by the media (because it isn’t on the news that I would normally see being well out of the area). It is a deeply worrying case. She is such a young person. I know there seem to be no clues but why aren’t MSM actually saying, hello! this 19 year old is missing- where is she? Where is this girl?

Out of interest in trying to understand the silence I’ve just been looking around on google and there are many many police documents out there regards media protocol in missing person/abductions. A few things that come up regularly.
If family/police believe the person is safe and intentionally missing a tactic can be to limit media so as not to antagonise them and create embarrassment which could further discourage their return.
Secondly, If they believe the person is alive but being held media can be limited to as not to create panic and rash action by the abductor.
Third, any information at all is only released to the media if they think that the public can help - nothing more.
Maybe all common sense I guess but helped me understand a bit more maybe why some cases seem super high profile and some not.

Leah Croucher mystery remains unsolved as charity makes direct personal plea for Milton Keynes girl to call them

Her sister this week summed up the family’s agony on Facebook, saying: “Every day the pain and worry caused by my little sister still being missing hurts a little more, even when you think it’s impossible for it to feel any worse.”

She added: “I spend my time constantly thinking of where Leah could be or what could have happened on 15th February meaning that she unfortunately didn’t make it to work that morning. Yet still after all this time neither my family, the police or I am any closer to knowing any answers.

This place is on its 14th Libby Squire thread and who was responsible for her disappearance an

demise was pretty clear cut from the very beginning, yet we are on the 1st Leah thread still and no nearer finding her or knowing who is responsible, just surprised Leah has generated so little discussion
compared with Libby not that there is a competition or anything

I too do not understand the lack of interest particularly from other Websleuth members.

I too do not understand the lack of interest particularly from other Websleuth members.

I think Libby's thread attracted so much interest as it was obvious from day one it was likely to be abduction/murder.

And as stated we had information trickled through the hammer etc that were found, Spider cam cctv, welly cctv, an arrest.

Its captured attention much more.

I'm not saying Libby deserved more attention far from it,but Leah's has never had the same sense of urgency from LE for whatever reason.

And there is no solid evidence that someone else is involved so it's much more subdued.

The rules of the site mean that you can only really officially sleuth once there are suspects etc named in MSM. Without anything like that available, or even any information published in MSM, and without an official 'missing' page on SM, what remains an option is unofficial sleuthing, eg of family members, or social media, which can't be done publicly on the main forum. I think that's probably part of the reason.

There was quite a long interview with Leah's parents on 3 counties radio this morning, I didn't catch it all as I was travelling at the time but it was early this morning.
They also did a mention of Leah being missing in their news bulletins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx