Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of it is stuff we already know.

Cliff Notes are -

- Referred to as a sensible girl from people who know her.
- Doesn’t drive, walks 2 miles to work every day.
- Home is Quantock Crescent.
- Sometimes wears glasses.
- Dressed all in black carrying a small black rucksack.
- Last seen by family at 10pm on 14th Feb.
- Last sighting still 08.15am 15th Feb on Buzzacott heading in direction of Chaffron Way and Loxbeare.
- Deemed out of character.
- Police have used dogs, drones and helicopter so far in search.
- Searching Furzton Lake and door to door carried out.
- Police keeping an open mind and not ruling anything out.
- Appeal for information and witnesses to come forward.

Thanks LM. Nothing new then, rather worrying, it's a bit Claudia Lawrence.

Locals - would that park (sorry, I don't know what it's called) be pretty busy at that time of the morning? It looks as though it was designed with a walking commute in mind, and it looks well maintained.

Most of it is stuff we already know.

Cliff Notes are -

- Referred to as a sensible girl from people who know her.
- Doesn’t drive, walks 2 miles to work every day.
- Home is Quantock Crescent.
- Sometimes wears glasses.
- Dressed all in black carrying a small black rucksack.
- Last seen by family at 10pm on 14th Feb.
- Last sighting still 08.15am 15th Feb on Buzzacott heading in direction of Chaffron Way and Loxbeare.
- Deemed out of character.
- Police have used dogs, drones and helicopter so far in search.
- Searching Furzton Lake and door to door carried out.
- Police keeping an open mind and not ruling anything out.
- Appeal for information and witnesses to come forward.

A young relative(of mine, for clarity) is a fb friend of hers I noticed. He is a v sensible boy, def not the partying kind more intellectual. She sounds similar.

Last edited:
For anyone not familar with MK, this may be helpful with visualising the area. It was built on a grid system of horizantal "h" roads and vertical "v" roads. These grid roads, of which Chaffron Way is one, H7, are pretty much 70mph dual carriage way with no stopping (other than bus stop pull ins). You don't cross them (unfortunately a man died last week attempting to do so) you go over or more often under, using "redways". Redways are cycle paths and paths, basically, which go alongside the grid roads. The redways can be iffy. MK was landscaped with lots of trees and shrubs, which are no mature and create areas hidden from roads. There are a number of muggings, mostly for mobile phones, but not generally around this area. Within the grid roads are built up estates with these landscaped open areas and water. Furzton lake is large. A local friend said he doesn't think the lake pathways would be school run options and there are areas which would feel quite isolated. There is however as someone else mentioned a hotel, think it's a Premier or Travel, with beefeater type restaurant attached. Their carpark would probably be busy at this time with business guests, its one if the cheaper hotel options locally. But the carpark is also landscaped with shrubs and trees. This hitel,IMO would be on a route to Knowlhill from Furzton. Which, again according to my local pal, is a 20 minute walk.

Thanks for this. So would this be a ‘Redway’ that cuts across Buzzacott?

Google Maps

It looks like around here is possibly where one of the CCTV images is from because it looks like there’s grass and a bench in the background?

Thanks LM. Nothing new then, rather worrying, it's a bit Claudia Lawrence.

Locals - would that park (sorry, I don't know what it's called) be pretty busy at that time of the morning? It looks as though it was designed with a walking commute in mind, and it looks well maintained.
Yesterday I posted it could be, but a local friend who lives in Furzton says not. Most people drive everywhere in MK if they can and rush hour is crazy busy on the roads. The lakes are used for more recreation and jogging etc, rather than A to B routes.

Google Maps

It looks like around here is possibly where one of the CCTV images is from because it looks like there’s grass and a bench in the background?
No thats a local estate road. I'll find a redway, just a min...

Yesterday I posted it could be, but a local friend who lives in Furzton says not. Most people drive everywhere in MK if they can and rush hour is crazy busy on the roads. The lakes are used for more recreation and jogging etc, rather than A to B routes.

Still, can't imagine she'd be the only person in there at half 8 ish. So weird nobody has heard anything!

Google Maps

Here's the redway which goes under Chaffron Way. See the shrubs etc? They can be quite remote and set back from roads. I'd expect cyclists tho in rush hour

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 91
Still, can't imagine she'd be the only person in there at half 8 ish. So weird nobody has heard anything!
Houses aren't so near to the water and the roads are noisy (well maybe not at rush hour!). Lots (LOTS!) of police activity around the water and leaflets dropped into homes last night. Hopefully something will come of the door to door.

I am in MK. The redways in some areas are sketchy where she was they are safe, I wouldn’t think twice about walking that area alone even in the dark. Sure some redways are a bit more covered by trees underpasses etc but lots of the sections run alongside main roads so I’m not sure how they don’t have further CCTV.

I am in MK. The redways in some areas are sketchy where she was they are safe, I wouldn’t think twice about walking that area alone even in the dark. Sure some redways are a bit more covered by trees underpasses etc but lots of the sections run alongside main roads so I’m not sure how they don’t have further CCTV.
I was quite shocked to read though that there was a mugging recently in daytime between Westcroft and Kingsmead. I used to walk that route often.

Edit - shocked because I wouldnt expect it in west Mk so much either

There has been a few issues in westcroft area recently and also in wavendon gate/walnut tree area. All down to teenagers being idiots really. Always witnesses always descriptions always cctv always a request for who are these people. Nothing like this in my memory of literally no clue - just doesn’t happen around here

There has been a few issues in westcroft area recently and also in wavendon gate/walnut tree area. All down to teenagers being idiots really. Always witnesses always descriptions always cctv always a request for who are these people. Nothing like this in my memory of literally no clue - just doesn’t happen around here
I always felt v safe. Lived in Mk for 10 years or so until recently and still work locally

Just seeing this now. Echoes Paige Docherty’s disappearance doesn’t it. On way to work, gone without a trace. Accidental water deaths of young adults usually only come into play mixed with alcohol though eh? Not always of course just more likely. No CCTV? I take it there’s not much coverage on this, not seen anything on MSM.

I think the daytime CCTV was just her walking to work. Maybe she was seen at 10pm as that’s when she went to bed, the other people in her house (assuming she lives at home) might have already left for work before she got up.

I don’t think you’d fall in the lake, although it’s exposed the path doesn’t really go close enough to just stumble in.

Google Maps

If you come from Emerson to buzzacott
You first pass a path you can walk by the streams up to the lake

then if you ignore this route a little further up you come to buzzacott

Imo you would walk the stream path just before buzzacott straight for a while and then take a left after along walk up to the playing fields and go across the bridge lake entrance

Most people who come from Emerson who would walk up buzzacott would then take a left at the end of buzzacott and head towards the shops not a right back to the stream route

you would then follow it round and down to the bottom of Furzton And then under the underpass into shenley lodge

From shenley lodge you could pass through a few streets alley towards silicon court and onto her work

I have walked both routes regularly and if I went up buzz I would not be going right following the stream/lake route so would never come near water

the lakes etc are away and apart from a lad walking back from a night out I don’t expect someone in the lake

Sorry if I’ve made this sound confusing

If you come from Emerson to buzzacott
You first pass a path you can walk by the streams up to the lake

then if you ignore this route a little further up you come to buzzacott

Imo you would walk the stream path just before buzzacott straight for a while and then take a left after along walk up to the playing fields and go across the bridge lake entrance

Most people who come from Emerson who would walk up buzzacott would then take a left at the end of buzzacott and head towards the shops not a right back to the stream route

you would then follow it round and down to the bottom of Furzton And then under the underpass into shenley lodge

From shenley lodge you could pass through a few streets alley towards silicon court and onto her work

I have walked both routes regularly and if I went up buzz I would not be going right following the stream/lake route so would never come near water

the lakes etc are away and apart from a lad walking back from a night out I don’t expect someone in the lake

Sorry if I’ve made this sound confusing
Not confusing at all, really interesting thanks

So why was the lake searched if she wasn’t in the vicinity? Are the police privy to something no-one else is aware of? I agree water deaths are almost always after nights of drinking in young people.

You can go the lake route to her work but you are never close to the water etc

Closest to the lake is when you cross the bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members