Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher - Emerson Valley - Milton Keynes - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NM being the only person to have keys to the house. IMO a sweeping statement that is blatently untrue.

JMO
That is what I immediate thought. I very much doubt after old tenants moved out they changed locks, going on what i posted yesterday regarding not renting in a proper way. Also how did the cleaners gain access on Monday.

Still wondering where she went the night before and the indication she’d met someone?

Well, we’re back to Mr X, aren’t we? Perhaps he’ll tell the police what really happened between him and Leah, but right now on the face of it it seems his strange behaviour was to cover up a fling, rather than anything more sinister.

Not saying it’s a complete rule out btw.

I go into my loft very rarely, probably would be in the loft of a property I let out even more rarely. If It's a holiday home and they visit once a year, there are very few reasons they would need to go into the loft.

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't find this odd at all.
But how long would smell linger? Or other indications which I don’t want to think about

Still wondering where she went the night before and the indication she’d met someone?
I get the feeling this is the police's nightmare. There was likely something happening in her personal life with Mr. X, she possibly was meeting him the night before.

Then this happens. These things intertwining is mind boggling.

What people criticise is their lack of focus on Mr. X, but actually it looks like they were fully justified in this. As far as they were concerned they fully ruled him out and this appears to have been vindicated. There are some lessons to be learned by online sleuthers here.

The timing of this seems like coincidence but as someone stated above if anyone was suddenly to disappear without trace there may be several things in their last weeks/days that would seem really strange and inexplicable.

not jumping straight into a conspiracy..Leah's brother knew something as did her parents far too convenient for it to be a dead sex offender and why does her death have to have anything to do with sex, Leah could have been murdered for other reasons
Leah's brother didn't know anything. Imo he jumped to a conclusion based on grief and possibly bias, and ended up in court for harassing an innocent man. Jmo.

Throwing out two other theories which are pure speculation and just my own opinion…

Maybe NM was responsible, paid by someone else to deal with Leah? Perhaps he had never committed murder before, only SA (not downplaying SA but there is a difference), and the murder affected him so badly that he took his own life? I’d be interested to look into his background and connections. Did he know anyone who also knew Leah?

Perhaps NM was indeed contracted to work at the property as a maintenance person via an estate agency rather than directly through the owner? This would mean others at the agency would have had access to the key, and that his suicide is just a coincidence? Or perhaps he made a discovery there and was blackmailed by someone else who had a key along the lines of “they’ll never believe you…with your record…they’ll think it is you so I’d keep your mouth shut”. Perhaps the knowledge ate him up?

Again, just pure speculation and MOO.

But in investigating her disappearance, they’d surely look at known sex offenders from area - and he was on run from MK.
BBM - From MK is the key, they had no idea he was in the area, there was nothing to suggest he was there, quite the opposite, they had every reason to believe he was far away running from the police investigation of his earlier sexual assault.

edited: second half of the message was clipped.

Last edited:
If she was walking her normal route that day, maybe he had been stalking/watching her from the house in the days or weeks leading up to her disappearance.
I thought this, he may have made himself a fixture in the scene, that guy you wave/say hi to every morning you walk past. Just seems like a seemingly harmless work man starting his day.

Throwing out two other theories which are pure speculation and just my own opinion…

Maybe NM was responsible, paid by someone else to deal with Leah? Perhaps he had never committed murder before, only SA (not downplaying SA but there is a difference), and the murder affected him so badly that he took his own life? I’d be interested to look into his background and connections. Did he know anyone who also knew Leah?

Perhaps NM was indeed contracted to work at the property as a maintenance person via an estate agency rather than directly through the owner? This would mean others at the agency would have had access to the key, and that his suicide is just a coincidence? Or perhaps he made a discovery there and was blackmailed by someone else who had a key along the lines of “they’ll never believe you…with your record…they’ll think it is you so I’d keep your mouth shut”. Perhaps the knowledge ate him up?

Again, just pure speculation and MOO.

Sometimes occam’s razor applies and the simplest explanation is true. We know Leah was found in an empty house, we know NM had access to it at the time she disappeared, we know NM committed sexual offences against women, and we know he killed himself within a few weeks of LC’s disappearance. It would take a bafflingly unlikely set of circumstances for it not to have been him.

I think there’ll be lots of conspiracy stuff about this now because people saw it as one of those cases where everyone kind of assumed they know what’s happened and who was involved, it just can’t be proven yet. In this case it looks like that was completely wrong, and it’s an important reminder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member