Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher - Emerson Valley - Milton Keynes - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You make a good point. His vehicle must have been registered at a Loxbeare Drive address to receive the parking notice.
How did the neighbour get the notice, if the car was registered at the address of the crime scene then why would the notice be in the neighbours hands. This just seems a bit suspect in terms of reliability.

By coincidence I was outside the house at 2pm delivering a card from Webslueths.No media presence they were at the briefing.
There were no scenes of crime only two officers guarding the house. Than an interesting thing happened. A member of the public arrived, who lived a few door away, and told me and an officer he had just, by coincidence, received a letter chasing Neil Maxwell for an unpaid parking fine back in 2018.
He handed the notice to the Police. He told me the number plate was an 06 plate but it did not state the type of vehicle. Need to see if any photos showed the number plates of the two cars that were in the driveway, but were then moved. A neighbour thought one had been there for years.
RIP Leah
Why would a neighbour receive a letter about an unpaid parking fine? Was Maxwell using number two as an official address and 'someone to do with parking fines' wrote to a neighbour or did he give the neighbours address as his address or did he live there at some point? JMO MOO

It could be a key safe of some type was used to manage access, with the owners being out of the country. If he was given access to the house for a period of time while he was doing the job but when he no longer needed it his access to said key safe was removed (changed codes etc.) then there is nothing for the owner to be concerned about.

There are a number of ways that access could have been managed. Jumping straight to conspiracy/cover up is not appropriate.
But who would have changed the key safe code if the owners were abroad?

What the heck, magically an unpaid parking fine letter appears the same time as a murder suspect is named!

Addressed to a house where he wasn't living. Or a registered keeper address? And it would've shown on credit files that he was dead. It would've been taken out of his "estate".

That's weird to me.

However, we do know that Leah worked at a debt recovery firm. Am not assuming anything from this. I find it strange that this has appeared today.

Neil Maxwell has links to lots of places across the country and is known to frequent campsites. He was wanted for sexual offences in MK in 2018 but there's a scary possibility that Leah wasn't his first murder victim and that cold cases will be looked at in all these areas.
It's noted in the article that he also fled the scene of the 2018 assault in a vehicle.

I can't help thinking about Claudia Lawrence and the sighting of a man arguing with potentially her very early morning near the university where she worked - on the day she went missing. JMO MOO

I don’t know, something doesn’t feel totally right about this. Are we assuming now that if someone is a sex offender they are also a murderer? Equally as evil crimes, but it is a different crime and I feel like this whole case felt personal, not a random attack. ALSO doesn’t sit right with me that the property owners hired a convicted sex offender to conduct maintenance on their house.
The owners were not in the country when Maxwell had the keys to the property.

So, who did have the keys to the property then? There has to be a middle man in all of this surely?

Reading the facts about him - a known sex offender on run for further attack from MK and kills himself in April 2019. You’d think he was pretty high in police investigation into her disappearance? I think they’ve just been waiting for a breakthrough like this. If he got job s contractor it’s probably cash, so he can’t be traced. I also find it strange the owners stayed there since 2019 - they obviously didn’t go in loft or notice anything which I find odd.

By coincidence I was outside the house at 2pm delivering a card from Webslueths.No media presence they were at the briefing.
There were no scenes of crime only two officers guarding the house. Than an interesting thing happened. A member of the public arrived, who lived a few door away, and told me and an officer he had just, by coincidence, received a letter chasing Neil Maxwell for an unpaid parking fine back in 2018.
He handed the notice to the Police. He told me the number plate was an 06 plate but it did not state the type of vehicle. Need to see if any photos showed the number plates of the two cars that were in the driveway, but were then moved. A neighbour thought one had been there for years.
RIP Leah
Can we assume the letter was addressed to Neil Maxwell at 2 Loxbeare drive?
Your are right; it is all very coincidental if the TVP have just stated he was evading them and using different names & vehicles.
I'm unable to get my head around why the vehicle would be registered at that address in his name? does seem all a bit set up.

It did cross my mind whether the perp was deceased, hence why they hid Leah well but failed to hide her possessions. I pondered whether there was a plan to return to the property to deal with the possessions but that they never made it back. This doesn’t surprise me at all.

What does surprise me though is that a known local sex offender took his own life, and the police failed to consider why (guilt) and look into his movements and job history when there was still an open missing female case. If they’d looked into his background and determined that he was linked to that property, they’d have perhaps found Leah sooner.

Reading the facts about him - a known sex offender on run for further attack from MK and kills himself in April 2019. You’d think he was pretty high in police investigation into her disappearance? I think they’ve just been waiting for a breakthrough like this. If he got job s contractor it’s probably cash, so he can’t be traced. I also find it strange the owners stayed there since 2019 - they obviously didn’t go in loft or notice anything which I find odd.
very odd

The owners were not in the country when Maxwell had the keys to the property.

So, who did have the keys to the property then? There has to be a middle man in all of this
It did cross my mind whether the perp was deceased, hence why they hid Leah well but failed to hide her possessions. I pondered whether there was a plan to return to the property to deal with the possessions but that they never made it back. This doesn’t surprise me at all.

What does surprise me though is that a known local sex offender took his own life, and the police failed to consider why (guilt) and look into his movements and job history when there was still an open missing female case. If they’d looked into his background and determined that he was linked to that property, they’d have perhaps found Leah sooner.
Agreed

That's exactly what I was hoping one of the reporters would ask.

I do know that his death was registered in Milton Keynes, from the General Register Office website

MAXWELL,
NEIL ROBERT
GRO Reference: DOR Q4/2019 in MILTON KEYNES (326-1A) Entry Number 519673307

General Register Office - Online Ordering Service - Login

Oddly it wasn't registered until Q4 (Oct-Nov-Dec) 2019, even though he died on 20th April 2019.
Maybe it took some time to identify his body?

not jumping straight into a conspiracy..Leah's brother knew something as did her parents far too convenient for it to be a dead sex offender and why does her death have to have anything to do with sex, Leah could have been murdered for other reasons
Grieving families will look to and cling to theories and hope, I would not necessarily take them "knowing something" as gospel. They had one anomaly in her life that they were aware of and were focused on, which is a legitimate/logical thing to do.

I think with the evidence on hand, sadly, the most likely motive is a sexual one given the suspect. It's upsetting, disgusting, terrible and a lot of other things, but it happens. The sadness is in these cases there are rarely any "acceptable" answers or reasons to be found.

Sick people do sick things, sometimes that's just all there is to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member