Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher - Emerson Valley - Milton Keynes - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry to be blunt but perhaps Leah herself had keys (collected on her brief trip out the night before) which could also mean maybe not murder but suicide, a hanging from the ceiling? she did go a few months before on her own to a budget hotel!
The remains were allegedly found in the gap between the ground floor ceiling and the first floor landing, impossible for her to place herself in that area, 100% not a suicide

sorry to be blunt but perhaps Leah herself had keys (collected on her brief trip out the night before) which could also mean maybe not murder but suicide, a hanging from the ceiling? she did go a few months before on her own to a budget hotel!
I considered this scenario - but I would have thought there would have been evidence to support a suicide and not a murder. The police have opened a murder investigation so I guess they have discounted the other scenario.

Questions I have...

What did they see in there to instantly change this from a misper to murder???

How are they so sure the perpetrator isn't a threat to the public??

How could anyone live in that house with a decomposing body the smell alone would be horrific surley?

Also I read a while back in the previous thread someone made a great point of analysing the wording used by tvp, I found it odd the wording especially when they said about dignity etc can't put my finger on it.
The discovery of human remains and their disposition would make it murder.

The quote from TVP is

"We are dealing with a difficult and challenging scene and are conducting our investigations thoroughly and with dignity, ensuring that all of our actions are carried out in a respectful manner." Nothing odd about it, and it comes over as a message to the journalists, well-wishers and ghouls hanging about; they've got human remains in a house in a residential street that they need to move, there's a strong suspicion of whose remains they are, and there's a grieving family to consider. Thats why they've screened the place off. In short, move on, nothing to see here.

The remains were allegedly found in the gap between the ground floor ceiling and the first floor landing, impossible for her to place herself in that area, 100% not a suicide
thank you

I haven't followed this story closely, prior to this, but there is something bugging me. Did no one at all go in the house until the cleaners turned up more than three years later? I know there was the pandemic lockdowns, but that would have been a year after she disappeared. I just wonder if someone knew the house was empty and would stay empty?
I mentioned on the last thread before it was confirmed that the owners were Kuwait-based that in my area of MK there is a big big population buying up summerhouses as it was being called in the press from UAE and similar areas. Some properties close to me have been purchased by owners from those regions and so far have never had anybody living in them, no furniture, never seen anyone come or go, no nothing. So I don’t find it strange that it may have no planned visits in all that time.
However I concur that whom ever did have access would surely assume it would be discovered very soon unless they had specific knowledge there was no intention of use at all.
There surely must be DNA on her possessions, so why weren’t they destroyed?
It’s all very baffling

I mentioned on the last thread before it was confirmed that the owners were Kuwait-based that in my area of MK there is a big big population buying up summerhouses as it was being called in the press from UAE and similar areas. Some properties close to me have been purchased by owners from those regions and so far have never had anybody living in them, no furniture, never seen anyone come or go, no nothing. So I don’t find it strange that it may have no planned visits in all that time.
However I concur that whom ever did have access would surely assume it would be discovered very soon unless they had specific knowledge there was no intention of use at all.
There surely must be DNA on her possessions, so why weren’t they destroyed?
It’s all very baffling
Do they have people who come to do regular maintenance do you know? The reason I ask is that back garden judging by the drone shots has been mown somewhat recently, it is certainly not overgrown.

IMO I have an awful feeling that whoever did this has left the country a long time ago. What a trail to leave, if no DNA on police database and not here to rouse any suspicion therefore investigation what would the police ever have to go on. How someone has lived the last 3+ years knowing all it would take was for someone to enter that house makes me feel like they can’t still be hanging around anywhere near here.

Too true. The term "paedophile" has been so consistently misused that we now have no term to refer to those who sexually abuse babies and pre-pubescent children. <modsnip: No link to info stated as fact>

The term has lost meaning. Someone assaulting a 16-year-old for example is often referred to as one.

Do they have people who come to do regular maintenance do you know? The reason I ask is that back garden judging by the drone shots has been mown somewhat recently, it is certainly not overgrown.
It’s very mixed those who visit regularly have lots of people with keys (my direct neighbour being one) so he has a property manager who attends often, a gardener, a cleaner periodically, friends from home with houses locally, neighbours..maybe more. Others as I referenced in my last post I have never seen anyone there ever.

Leah Croucher's parents reveal 'darkest fears' in note at house where remains found​

Leah Croucher's parents tell of 'darkest fears' in note left where remains found

A note left by Leah’s parents, John and Claire, said: “To our darling Leah, our darkest fears have come true.

“We only need to be apart a little longer now. We have so missed you for so long already.

“The future looks so bleak now we know we will never see you smile or hear your laughter again.

“We will cherish your memories forever. We love you, mum and dad.”

Heartbreaking. Thoughts and prayers are with Leah's family.

"One neighbour said:' It has been empty for quite a few months. I never knew the people who owned the house, but like a lot of properties it was a family from Kuwait.

'We would see a gardener at the property occasionally, but no one else. We did not speak to the people.' "

You'd also think the heating would be put on over the winter, checks for burst pipes and leaks, gas safety (as mentioned in this thread), loose slates, integrity of double glazing...

I can’t get over the killer keeping her rucksack there and not destroying it. What an idiot.

I am so glad that Leah has been recovered and will be back to her family, and so saddened with the enormity of everything the family and friends are dealing with.

I never imagined that she would be found at a property. I like to think that bodes well for catching her killer.
I wish the family knew how much we care here. We never gave up on Leah, and we always knew she hadn’t run away. When they lost Haydon, we were devastated for them all. I hope Leah can be back with her family soon.

Leah Croucher's parents reveal 'darkest fears' in note at house where remains found​

Leah Croucher's parents tell of 'darkest fears' in note left where remains found

A note left by Leah’s parents, John and Claire, said: “To our darling Leah, our darkest fears have come true.

“We only need to be apart a little longer now. We have so missed you for so long already.

“The future looks so bleak now we know we will never see you smile or hear your laughter again.

“We will cherish your memories forever. We love you, mum and dad.”

Heartbreaking. Thoughts and prayers are with Leah's family.
Terribly sad but least they can have closure now and a proper burial and hopefully in time see her killer behind bars for the rest of his days

Many families of missing/murdered people never get that closure/burial, Keith Bennett, Suzy Lamplugh families etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018